Newbie Here...

korrie

Hi all, I just joined. I'm a 27 year old stay-at-home mother of 2 who LOVES to read. I have to admit I'm feeling a bit out of my element on this forum. I've been looking around and have seen few book titles or authors that I know or recognize. :lol:

I'm from the US. I have to devote some time to looking around this site more I guess. I would love to meet some new people. Especially some who share my love of reading. I look forward to meeting u!

I know what you mean Korrie. There are so many different books I haven't read!!!

The thing I love about this place is it doesn't matter WHAT you read.

I read everything from Harlequin Intrigue romances to World History (for fun. This the only place that didn't think that was weird).

It has increased my To Be Read pile.

Hello, and :D to the forum, Korrie. I think you'll find the members here have a very wide range of reading preferences - everything from romances to Westerns, to thrillers, chillers and horrors, to chick lit, classics and histories - I think we've pretty much got it ALL covered! So, whatever you're reading, I think you'll find there's someone else interested in it too - we're pretty eclectic. Looking forward to hearing all about your favourite books and authors! :lol:

Hi u guys and thank u so much for the warm welcomes. I feel better already. :lol: I have to ask, many of u mentioned about my fav. books/authors. Where do I put that info? Do I start a thread in "Reading Lists/Blogs" and just talk about my favorite genre, authors, titles, etc.? I'm not totally new to being on forums but every one is so different. Once again, thank u for making me feel welcome. I hope to talk to u all again soon!

Thank u IceCream. Well, I like mostly fiction and some of my favorite authors are: Beverly Lewis (Amish Fiction), Mitch Albom, I recently read Middlesex by Eugene Stephenides (spelling?) and The Red Tent. More recently though, I've fallen hard for paranormal romance.

I actually bought Twilight by Stephenie Meyer by accident, not realizing it was a vampire romance. But, I'm so glad I gave it a chance! I've since read all three in that series. I love Stephenie Meyer, J.R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) and L.J. Smith. Currently, I'm reading Night's Touch by Amanda Ashley. I've gotten my older sister addicted to the genre as well.

Hi and welcome Korrie. Nice to have you here.

Don't feel out of your element, this is a very friendly place and no matter what you read i'm sure there are other people here who would share your tastes. As has already been said this is a very diverse group.

Hi Korrie! I'm a US stay-at-home mom, too, and I'm reletively new here. There aren't very many authors here that I recognize either, but I think it's because of the sheer number of books that are out there!

Anyway... I'm an unwilling Floridian, wanting to move to PA if God ever sees fit to make this dream a reality. (Where in PA do you live?) I'm also an aspiring author, trying to polish my first finished manuscript.

As for your list of authors... the only one I recognize is Beverly Lewis. If you like paranormal romance, there's a LOT out there, so you've got lots of reading ahead of you! Me... I like historical romance and time travel... Lynn Kurland (who also writes some paranormal, such as Stardust of Yesterday) is my favorite author.

Nice meeting you!

Hi Korrie! Glad you could join us. Middlesex is one of my favourite books and I recently bought the Red Tent and I am looking forward to reading it. It is always interesting to see what others are reading. That is what makes this forum so good - that and the very friendly members of course. Hope you enjoy it here.:lol:

Hiya:welcomeboard:Hiya

:DWaves to you from Aberdeen

Stay at home mum too with two teenage boys. I'm sure you will soon settle in here and get into the way of finding your way around.

Hiya:welcomeboard:Hiya

:DWaves to you from Aberdeen

Stay at home mum too with two teenage boys. I'm sure you will soon settle in here and get into the way of finding your way around.

:lol:Hi ,

I found this website by mistake, and it is probably the best thing that I have done this month!!!

I love reading, although I don't have as much time as I used to now that I drive to work as opposed to taking the tube (I now work locally, but used to work in town).

I love historical fiction and have read all of Philippa Gregory's books on the Boleyns and Mary and Elizabeth.

Am also a lover of classic English Literature and some modern authors. I am always open to recommendations, so please, if you can recommend anything I would love to hear from you.

A nervous, but happy new member,

Kirsty.

Hi Korrie! I'm a US stay-at-home mom, too, and I'm reletively new here. There aren't very many authors here that I recognize either, but I think it's because of the sheer number of books that are out there!

Anyway... I'm an unwilling Floridian, wanting to move to PA if God ever sees fit to make this dream a reality. (Where in PA do you live?) I'm also an aspiring author, trying to polish my first finished manuscript.

As for your list of authors... the only one I recognize is Beverly Lewis. If you like paranormal romance, there's a LOT out there, so you've got lots of reading ahead of you! Me... I like historical romance and time travel... Lynn Kurland (who also writes some paranormal, such as Stardust of Yesterday) is my favorite author.

Nice meeting you!

Hi Katie. So u are planning on moving to Pennsylvania? What brings u here? I can't imagine wanting to move from FL to here but I guess thats cuz I've been here all my life.

Congrats on the manuscript!! What an accomplishment! I've never heard of the Lynn Kurland but maybe I'll look into her stuff. I'm really finding that I love the paranormal romance genre. Thanks for your warm welcome and I look forward to talking to u again!

Hi Renniemist...U will adore the Red Tent. It was bought for a friend. It wasn't something I would normally read but I'm so glad I did. Its a definite page turner! Let me know what u think of it. Thank u for your greeting. Its so nice having so many people welcome me!