The Last Film You Saw - 2017

Athena

14 hours ago, Raven said:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I must confess to being disappointed. 

Not a terrible film by any means - and way better than any of the prequels - but it didn't pay off what was set up in the first film for me, and I hate how they have used/where they have taken the original trilogy characters.

I decided after being duped into seeing the last one that I will never watch another Star Wars film...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Talisman said:

I thought it was brilliant - one of the best Star Wars I have seen. Coran said the same and she is a huge fan. 

At the moment, I'd put it 6th, which isn't as much of a slight as it may seem on face value! 

Edited by Raven

7 hours ago, Raven said:

I liked The Force Awakens!

3 hours ago, Talisman said:

I thought it was brilliant - one of the best Star Wars I have seen. Coran said the same and she is a huge fan. 

It was a copy of plot of the first Star Wars film in 1977....didn't see the point.

I am first to admit I am very hard to please with films nowadays. I won't watch Superhero movies for the same reason. 

I ordered a DVD the other day of an Icelandic film called I Remember You that I have been looking forward to seeing ever since I first heard it was being turned into a film. It is based on a fabulously creepy book that I read a few years ago by one of my favourite Icelandic authors Yrsa Sigurdadottir and is set in an abandoned village that I actually visited in the summer of 2014 as a result of reading that book. I have read a LOT of Icelandic books and this is far and away the best so I am really looking forward to watching that later on tonight as it arrived while I was at work.