The Last Film You Saw - 2017

Athena

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, frankie said:

I watched Must Love Dogs. Could've been better. 

Shame it wasn't that great. I bought it on DVD a while ago in some kind of sale, but I haven't got around to watching it yet.

On 01/07/2017 at 5:23 PM, chesilbeach said:

Saw Baby Driver this morning.  More violent than I normally like, but I loved it!!!! Excellent cast and brilliant soundtrack.

Been thinking about this all weekend and think I'll be going to see it again soon.

On 7/1/2017 at 5:14 PM, frankie said:

I watched Family Stone. Great cast but stupid movie. Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Park and the characters they played saved it. 

I didn't like this when I first saw it (several years back) but a nugget must stayed in my memory and I think I might want to see it again . Maybe.

On 3.7.2017 at 10:43 AM, Athena said:

Shame it wasn't that great. I bought it on DVD a while ago in some kind of sale, but I haven't got around to watching it yet.

I think I expected there to be more dogs, going by the title :D    I liked the  cast very much, though! :) 

20 hours ago, vodkafan said:

I didn't like this when I first saw it (several years back) but a nugget must stayed in my memory and I think I might want to see it again . Maybe.

Well it can't have been all that bad if a nugget stayed behind :)

Just finished watching Love By Chance. It's a poor rip-off from Because I Said So. I can't believe they made such a similar movie! How boring. I want to watch Because I Said So again but it's not available on Netflix. I need to get my laptop fixed so I can start watching my own DVDs. 

Despicable M3 - loved it!  Laughed consistently all the way through, and being a 40-*cough* year old, I loved the stuck in the 80s villain and soundtrack. :lol:  I still think the second one is the best, but they've all been so good, you can't really find fault. 

On 7/8/2017 at 5:27 PM, chesilbeach said:

Despicable M3 - loved it!  Laughed consistently all the way through, and being a 40-*cough* year old, I loved the stuck in the 80s villain and soundtrack. :lol:  I still think the second one is the best, but they've all been so good, you can't really find fault. 

I sat through this yesterday with my exwife and the smallest two children.  I thought it was terrible. The kids were bored and didn't laugh once. They were baffled by the Minions suddenly turning Spanish and didn't understand what they were saying. (Who's strange decision was that? It seems somehow insulting?)  My exwife fell asleep. The whole trip out to the cinema cost £50 with the drink and popcorn, which is a lot when it's a mediocre experience. 

8 minutes ago, vodkafan said:

I sat through this yesterday with my exwife and the smallest two children.  I thought it was terrible. The kids were bored and didn't laugh once. They were baffled by the Minions suddenly turning Spanish and didn't understand what they were saying. (Who's strange decision was that? It seems somehow insulting?)  My exwife fell asleep. The whole trip out to the cinema cost £50 with the drink and popcorn, which is a lot when it's a mediocre experience. 

What a shame.  All the kids in the screening I saw were laughing and my colleague took his family last week and they loved it too.  The minions didn't sound any more Spanish to me than in previous films, and the director who voices them is French and I'm sure I heard him say in interviews that their language is influenced by European languages so that it's meant to sound almost recognisable as real words while still being nonsense.

On 7/6/2017 at 4:28 AM, Raven said:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Really enjoyed this, a great ole romp with some great characters! Looking forward to the next one!

Me too. I'm glad they decided to continue and dwell deeper into the whole Harry Potter lore, or at least the Wizarding World as a whole. :)

On 7/2/2017 at 0:23 AM, chesilbeach said:

Saw Baby Driver this morning.  More violent than I normally like, but I loved it!!!! Excellent cast and brilliant soundtrack.

I would love to see this as well. I'm not really a fan of Ansel Elgort, but from what I've heard, he gave a pretty good performance in this.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:53 AM, WormBoy said:

I would love to see this as well. I'm not really a fan of Ansel Elgort, but from what I've heard, he gave a pretty good performance in this.

It's a magnificent film - went to see it again this morning, and it's just so rich, and I spotted so much more the second time around.  I might even go again too, as it deserves a big screen.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:25 PM, chesilbeach said:

It's a magnificent film - went to see it again this morning, and it's just so rich, and I spotted so much more the second time around.  I might even go again too, as it deserves a big screen.

I still haven't got a chance to see this. I might be able to check it out within this week. :)

I have a vast collection of DVDs to go through and a couple of days on my own so picked some that I thought would be easy watching,

The Quartet

Me Before You

Letters to Juliette

I don't know about easy watching I cried at the end of all of them.  What a soppy date I am, but loved them all

Clash of the Titans (2010)

No where near as good as the original...

Warcraft: The Beginning

I was given the Blu-ray of this by someone who didn't enjoy it (doesn't like ambiguity in films, apparently).  I was expecting this to be bobbins when it was first announced, and then delayed several times, but it actually hangs together pretty well.  They did the right thing by focusing on the characters rather than on Warcraft lore or making it all about set-piece battles.  A shame it didn't spawn any sequels, really...

22 hours ago, Athena said:

A few days ago, we watched Kung Fu Panda 3. I liked it. It was perhaps not the best one or anything, but I enjoyed watching it.

I agree with this. I enjoyed the first two installments more than this third movie.

I went to see Baby Driver again yesterday.  It's becoming a bit of an obsession!

Then, last night I watched The Prestige - a colleague loves Christopher Nolan films, but I haven't been that keen on the ones I've seen so far, so he told me to try this one.  It was pretty good, but not really my sort of story.