What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Terry Pratchett: Back in Black which was quite a nice tribute to him, but as someone here has said, don't watch unless you've read The Shepherd's Crown as there's a huge spoiler for that.

We also started watching 24: Legacy. It wasn't long before we were sucked in again. :D  

The new season of Cold Feet which started on telly over here a week ago. I remember watching the first 2-3 seasons back in the day, but I didn't watch the last one or last two... So was a bit shocked to hear

Rachel was dead and had in fact died in one of the earlier seasons!

Decided to veg out watching LOTR Fellowship of the Ring. I may or may not watch the others. It depends on if I fall asleep. If I do, hubby will snatch the remote from me and then I'm stuck watching what he watches when I wake up. Then I wait for HIM to fall asleep and the I snatch it!

I watched Terry Pratchett: Back in Black which was quite a nice tribute to him, but as someone here has said, don't watch unless you've read The Shepherd's Crown as there's a huge spoiler for that.

We also started watching 24: Legacy. It wasn't long before we were sucked in again. :D

Zoicks, did you have your nose pressed against my sitting room window ?! ;) ie, ditto.:)

I also watched the brokenwood mysteries ( NZ police procedural, watchable despite the every-cliche-possible Inspector ), The Team ( Euro police drama, good so far ), Death in Paradise finale ( yay :)), Murdoch Mysteries ( :) ), NCIS ( a bit meh this season ) and Homeland ( oooh)

We watched a new series that's just come out on Amazon Prime, Patriots.

It's an interesting take on the culture of the spy story. Spy's are not "James Bond", they sometimes have families, some of whom are in the business. They can be inept, guilt ridden and actually hate what they do. Their covers may not be perfect, and have myriad holes. Holes that they are continually attempting to plug, with varying results.

We loved it.

I also watched the brokenwood mysteries ( NZ police procedural, watchable despite the every-cliche-possible Inspector ), The Team ( Euro police drama, good so far ), Death in Paradise finale ( yay :)), Murdoch Mysteries ( :) ), NCIS ( a bit meh this season ) and Homeland ( oooh)

It looks like the DVD for series 6 of Death in Paradise is out now, so I'll soon ask my boyfriend if there's a chance we can buy it :).

We're halfway through season 4 of Star Trek: The Next Generation now. I'm still enjoying it a lot. Season 4 is definitely better than season 1, I do feel they keep improving with each season. Season 4 1/2 marks the halfway point of the TV series episodes (minus the films). It's hard to believe we're already halfway, but then I've seen a lot of episodes so I guess it makes sense :).

I am watching Sleepy Hollow starting from the first season again just to refresh what I had seen, bought seasons 2 and 3 and taping season 4 each week from sky so got a bit of catching up to do with this one.

I'm enjoying The Team too, and am about 1/3rd of the way through last week's "Timeless (a good one this week), and I've recorded Sleepy Hollow which started last week.  Also watched the new Person of Interest - finally showing series 5 - but the sound quality was appalling.  I'm also really enjoying the repeats of the Young Montalbano, I only remember a tiny bit of each episode (watched 2 so far) but they're even better second time around.

Zoicks, did you have your nose pressed against my sitting room window ?! ;) ie, ditto. :)

:D Great minds and all that... ;)

Started watching Broadchurch last night, which was quite harrowing and then the first episode of Roots, which was even more harrowing! :wibbly:

Also following the latest (and last) season of Girls and carrying on with Timeless & This is Us.

We've recorded Broadchurch to watch tonight. It's filmed partly near me, and partly in West Bay on Chesil Beach, so I'm always doubly excited to watch it and pick out all the places I know! :lol: The reviews I've seen so far say it's started very well, so looking forward to watching it later on.

Yes it got off to quite a strong start.  I've been on holiday in that area so yes it's good to see familiar places, I have a photo of my mum and our old lab (who came with on that holiday) with that famous golden cliff behind them.

Yes it got off to quite a strong start.  I've been on holiday in that area so yes it's good to see familiar places, I have a photo of my mum and our old lab (who came with on that holiday) with that famous golden cliff behind them.

You wouldn't want to repeat that now - the cliffs have been slipping for the last few years, and at least one person has died under a landslip.  I remember as a child, we used to shelter under the cliffs out of the wind and rain (it was a British holiday after all :giggle2:) but nowadays, you have to stay very well clear, and stay right down by the tideline at low tide, if you go down there at all.

Broadchurch was fab, will be looking forward to Monday evenings for a while! I was wondering whether to take a look at Roots...is it good?

I've only watched 1 ep so far, but it was pretty good. Very brutal though! I think the last one is on tonight, so I'm going to try and catch up with the rest of them over the next week or so.

I've only watched 1 ep so far, but it was pretty good. Very brutal though! I think the last one is on tonight, so I'm going to try and catch up with the rest of them over the next week or so.

Will have to give it a try, maybe when my youngest is in bed! :)

Are you talking about the current series?  The latest series has only shown the first episode so far, and they're out weekly on Mondays, so the last one won't be for a while yet.

I was talking about Roots :)

Oops!  Sorry, I got mixed up there :lol:

Looking forward to watching last nights Great Pottery Throw Down later on - I love this programme.  There's something mesmerising about watching someone throw a beautiful pot. :)

I've started watching Glee right from the beginning. I used to catch the occasional episode here and there while I was going through night feedings with Josh, but it always seemed to be the same dozen or so episodes playing over and over. Watched the first six episodes now and absolutely loving it. I'm a total Gleek!

I needed something I've seen before to put on while cross-stitching, and opted for Breaking Bad as its on Netflix. I've never seen the second half of the final season (though I know what happens) - as I started watching the show and caught up just in time to watch the mid-season finale air. Turns out that was about four years ago, so yep, it's definitely been long enough for me to rewatch the whole thing!

The only thing I'm really (re)watching at the moment is Fringe season 2.  I've just about given up on all the DC shows.  They all seem to have jumped the shark now - too many characters with new ones who aren't very good.  Arrow's the prime culprit.  I really, really hate what they've done with Wells in The Flash.  Even Supergirl has taken a nosedive and I used to be able to rely on that for a few laughs, at least.

Really must catch up on Agents of SHIELD, though - I'm about four episodes behind at the moment  :doh: