What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

I'm totally hooked on the British village murders. I just began Midsomer Murders again. I also am anxiously awaiting the latest episodes of Agatha Raisin. I think I'll also begin Murder She Wrote from the beginning. I may finish it by the end of the year as its a very long running serious.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'm totally hooked on the British village murders. I just began Midsomer Murders again. I also am anxiously awaiting the latest episodes of Agatha Raisin. I think I'll also begin Murder She Wrote from the beginning. I may finish it by the end of the year as its a very long running serious.

Ah Midsomer Murders, how I love thee. :lol::blush:

Favourite companion ? I`m going for Ben Jones, then Troy. :)

21 minutes ago, Little Pixie said:

Ah Midsomer Murders, how I love thee. :lol::blush:

Favourite companion ? I`m going for Ben Jones, then Troy. :)

I go between Ben and Troy because they are both just so stinking CUTE in a quirky sort of way! I'm also warming up to the newest Det Sgt He's gung ho! I am glad that they didn't base Troy off of his book character. He was a nasty piece of work!

37 minutes ago, Virginia said:

I go between Ben and Troy because they are both just so stinking CUTE in a quirky sort of way! I'm also warming up to the newest Det Sgt He's gung ho! I am glad that they didn't base Troy off of his book character. He was a nasty piece of work!

I haven`t read the books - I don`t think I`d like them ! :hide:

I`m not sure about Jamie Winter yet ; I shall need a few more eps to decide. :)

Started watching Falling Skies on Netflix as a background series while we're doing other bits (in my case, cross-stitching). It's perfect for that really, you don't need to pay 100% attention because it's not the most original or intellectual thing in the world, but it's interesting enough to keep you watching. No idea how there's 5 seasons, though.

Also catching up on Better Call Saul, which I love! :D

2 hours ago, Virginia said:

I found the greatest British streaming app! Its called Britbox and I can now watch all my favorite programs that I can't find anywhere else!

Right now I'm watching Darling Buds of May. 

I saw something about Britbox recently - the Beeb and ITVs shows ? Do you have to pay for them ? :)

I'm up to date with the finales of Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow now, and considering watching Arrow from the start ( I missed the 2nd half of S1 and all of S2, and now that we're coming up on the Sumer lull.... )

17 hours ago, Virginia said:

I found the greatest British streaming app! Its called Britbox and I can now watch all my favorite programs that I can't find anywhere else!

Right now I'm watching Darling Buds of May. 

Wow that's really going back! You will be watching Fawlty Towers next!

Finally caught up with Supergirl and Flash just need to watch Arrow for this season now. 

Have been watching season 3 of Crossing Lines has got Goran Visnjic from Timeless in it.

5 hours ago, vodkafan said:

Wow that's really going back! You will be watching Fawlty Towers next!

:P James, you found me out!!! I DO watch Fawlty Towers!!!!

19 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I saw something about Britbox recently - the Beeb and ITVs shows ? Do you have to pay for them ? :)

I'm up to date with the finales of Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow now, and considering watching Arrow from the start ( I missed the 2nd half of S1 and all of S2, and now that we're coming up on the Sumer lull.... )

It costs $6.99 a month. I was using Acorn TV ($4.99) but dropped it for Britbox as it offers so much more! And it is SO worth it for me!

Don't seem to be watching much beyond Doctor Who at the moment.

However, I did see a very good prog on the BBC about a week ago about Jane Austen. It was presented by Lucy Worsley and detailed her life based around the houses she either lived in or spent time in.

4 hours ago, Virginia said:

:P James, you found me out!!! I DO watch Fawlty Towers!!!!

It costs $6.99 a month. I was using Acorn TV ($4.99) but dropped it for Britbox as it offers so much more! And it is SO worth it for me!

That seems quite reasonable ; I had a look at some of the shows you get, and it looks good.:)

Acorn always makes me think of Victoria Wood`s Acorn Antiques soap.:lol:

We've now arrived at season 7 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Only one more season! (And then the TNG films). I'm a bit sad to see it end soon, but on the other hand I really liked most episodes, and then we can move onto something else (perhaps Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, or something completely different for a while.).

• 2 weeks later...

Supernatural is a show which not only flogging a dead horse, it is using a horse it earlier killed to flog an additional dead horse. They need. To let. It go. I love Supernatural (up to season 5, and I stuck with it through Season 9 with the hope that it would improve) so much that I literally flew to Canada to attend a Supernatural convention with the cast.  But it just became a chaotic shambles, and while I will always adore the earlier seasons, the characters etc etc, they just need to let the bloody thing go.

I've been watching The OA on Netflix while doing exercise bike and cross stitching when OH isn't home. I wasn't expecting much, and it's still quite fluffy (it references many worlds theory but in the lightest, most non-scientific manner possible) but it's actually very enjoyable. It's got an air of that 80s/Stephen Spielberg/Stranger Things feel of a gang of slightly different people gathering together and taking a leap of faith about something big and slightly supernatural.

13 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Pleased to see that the new Charlaine Harris adaptation "Midnight Texas" will be shown on the Syfy Channel from the end of July (27th I think).

Looking forward to this ! I just got the 99p kindle deal on the book, too. :)