What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, even though I haven't read the book despite it being on my TBR for years. So far its really good, and it works great as a show, so it'll be interesting to read the book afterward.

10 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I've started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, even though I haven't read the book despite it being on my TBR for years. So far its really good, and it works great as a show, so it'll be interesting to read the book afterward.

I finished it. Cried like a baby 

Quite a few things have finished recently - Line of duty, Broadchurch, Big Little Lies, and Person of Interest only has two more to go so not much on now; still Poldark starts in June, hooray!  And I have the last few of Timeless and all of Sleepy Hollow stockpiled.

12 hours ago, More reading time required said:

Started watching Little Boy Blue (about the murder of 11yr old Rhys Jones) - cried lots :wibbly:

Eurovision semi finals tonight - yay! I wonder how many fewer points we'll get on Saturday as a result of Brexit :unsure:

I don't think Eurovision has ever forgiven Blair for Iraq.....

Looking forward to Eurovision too ! * Waves little flag* :)

Just watched the last ever episode of Grimm ; I liked it more than I thought I would. :)

Murdoch Mysteries - I thought I'd seen all the episodes, but last nights was a S9 two hour Xmas special I'd never seen before- brilliant !!:D

Ah, Eurovision. You never disappoint. :lol:

I thought the UK did really well . I liked Israel, Italy, Romania and Sweden, but well done Portugal ( didn't the sister turn out to have an amazing voice !)

Nice that Graham Norton remembered  Terry Wogan. :)

Things I thought were over till I saw Eurovision : Manbuns, Mannequin Challenge, suddenly rapping during a song. :lol:

On 5/14/2017 at 0:12 AM, Little Pixie said:

Ah, Eurovision. You never disappoint. :lol:

I thought the UK did really well . I liked Israel, Italy, Romania and Sweden, but well done Portugal ( didn't the sister turn out to have an amazing voice !)

Nice that Graham Norton remembered  Terry Wogan. :)

Things I thought were over till I saw Eurovision : Manbuns, Mannequin Challenge, suddenly rapping during a song. :lol:

It was brilliant as usual and not too bad a showing from the UK either! :o Also keeping its place in the "programmes that work even better when watched alongside Twitter" list. :D 

I'm not too sure about the winner. It was nice enough, but nothing outstanding I thought.

Other than that, I finished Big Little Lies, which was quite intriguing, and I am still watching many many other programmes and would like to get to the end of my catch-up tv backlog so I can watch something completely new on-demand. 

3 hours ago, More reading time required said:

It was brilliant as usual and not too bad a showing from the UK either! :o Also keeping its place in the "programmes that work even better when watched alongside Twitter" list. :D 

I'm not too sure about the winner. It was nice enough, but nothing outstanding I thought.

Other than that, I finished Big Little Lies, which was quite intriguing, and I am still watching many many other programmes and would like to get to the end of my catch-up tv backlog so I can watch something completely new on-demand. 

Oooh, just how big is the backlog ? :)

I forgot to say, I hope Israel can sort out their broadcasting channel issues and get back into Eurovision. :(

On 5/16/2017 at 5:52 PM, Little Pixie said:

Oooh, just how big is the backlog ? :)

About 30 episodes worth of programmes - including the following:

Versailles - 3 eps
Born to Kill - all 4 eps
Loaded - 3 eps
Spin - 5 eps
The Legacy - 3 eps
The Trip to Spain - all 6 eps

And I've just added "The Trial" to my backlog. :rolleyes:

I think this is why my reading is suffering. ;)

8 hours ago, More reading time required said:

About 30 episodes worth of programmes - including the following:

Versailles - 3 eps
Born to Kill - all 4 eps
Loaded - 3 eps
Spin - 5 eps
The Legacy - 3 eps
The Trip to Spain - all 6 eps

And I've just added "The Trial" to my backlog. :rolleyes:

I think this is why my reading is suffering. ;)

That seems doable, but then I suppose it's being added to, as well ? :)

I'm behind with so many things, so am trying not to think about them . La la la, denial. :lol:

Just watched Twin Peaks.Hoo boy. More of an arty experience than a tv show, but excellent.

I'm halfway through Code Black S2 ; don't like the cast changes, but still very watchable.

I saw the first two eps of Orange is the New Black on Sony Tv, quite liked it.

11 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

That seems doable, but then I suppose it's being added to, as well ? :)

I'm behind with so many things, so am trying not to think about them . La la la, denial. :lol:

Just watched Twin Peaks.Hoo boy. More of an arty experience than a tv show, but excellent.

I'm halfway through Code Black S2 ; don't like the cast changes, but still very watchable.

I saw the first two eps of Orange is the New Black on Sony Tv, quite liked it.

Oh yes, it's being added too. :rolleyes: And that's just my own list, it doesn't account for what both of us are watching and what we've recorded on the Tivo - Supergirl, 24: Legacy, Silicon Valley (which we are at least up to date with) and we also saw the first hour of the Twin Peaks double bill - weird and spooky so far, as I'd expect!

My backlog would be even bigger, but we've had two new Tivo's in the last few months - one was an upgrade, and one was a replacement for a faulty one, so we kept losing our old recordings (the first time being the worst).  It was both annoying and quite cathartic at the same time. :D

7 hours ago, More reading time required said:

Oh yes, it's being added too. :rolleyes: And that's just my own list, it doesn't account for what both of us are watching and what we've recorded on the Tivo - Supergirl, 24: Legacy, Silicon Valley (which we are at least up to date with) and we also saw the first hour of the Twin Peaks double bill - weird and spooky so far, as I'd expect!

My backlog would be even bigger, but we've had two new Tivo's in the last few months - one was an upgrade, and one was a replacement for a faulty one, so we kept losing our old recordings (the first time being the worst).  It was both annoying and quite cathartic at the same time. :D

:lol::blush:  Commiserations.

My VCR`s still working away. ^_^

Heavens....watching The Handmaids Tale.....it's a bit gruesome. Not read the book so had no idea what it was about. Not sure I'll be watching all them:wacko:

I've started watching (again...started but never followed it all the way through) 'The Good Wife', we have Netflix so starting again from the beginning.

Edited by Inver

On 2017-5-24 at 10:31 AM, Madeleine said:

Now that Person of Interest has finished (and boy did they mess that one up) I've got 4 eps of Timeless, and the whole of the last series of Sleepy Hollow.

I'm okay with having given up on PofI then. If you'd said it was marvellous....

I'm almost up to date with Code Black now. I've also been watching some repeats of Murdoch Mysteries and Castle. :)