What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

I watched the new episodes of Elementary and Once Upon a Time tonight.

I was never a big fan of Once Upon a Time, but it was okay. And now I've come to the point where I can't ever stop watching it until the final episode ever, even if at some point I'd hate it. I do love Elementary, though!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough I don't miss Broadchurch that much, watched the last Big Little Lies last night though and that I will miss....those houses!  I want one, don't mind which one it is.

We started on Boston Legal last night, wasent sure I was going to like it or not, but for the first episode we had a good laugh, so hope it continues.

I have always liked William Shatner and I think James Spader is amazing, love him in Blacklist.

Doctor Who - liking it so far. my hubby is letting James (our nearly 5 year old) stay up and watch it so it's a different experience :)

Only just discovered The Legacy season 3 has been airing without my knowledge and have just managed to catch the first episode at lunchtime before it disappeared off NowTV in one day's time. Phew!

Not yet had chance to catch up with Broadchurch, but touch wood I have so far managed to stay unspoiled....

Murder in Successville - I love this, it's so silly and funny. :)

Line of Duty - can't wait for the last part on Sunday!

I've been (re)watching Bureau Raampoort, a Dutch TV series based on the detective novels by Simon de Waal and A. C. Baantjer. I've re-watched the first 2 episodes, the other episodes will be new to me (there are 8 in total). So far I'm enjoying it a lot.

Yesterday evening we watched Jonathan Creek - Daemons' Roost. I was afraid it wasn't going to be so great, but I did find it enjoyable. I guessed 2 things about the various mysteries and was kind of proud of myself for that (because sometimes I have no clue at all). It was definitely not as good as some of the earlier stuff, but I found it enjoyable to watch.

8 hours ago, Athena said:

Yesterday evening we watched Jonathan Creek - Daemons' Roost. I was afraid it wasn't going to be so great, but I did find it enjoyable. I guessed 2 things about the various mysteries and was kind of proud of myself for that (because sometimes I have no clue at all). It was definitely not as good as some of the earlier stuff, but I found it enjoyable to watch.

Ditto. :) I liked it, but guessing part of what was really going on, made it less satisfying for me. 

6 minutes ago, Little Pixie said:

Ditto. :) I liked it, but guessing part of what was really going on, made it less satisfying for me. 

And here I thought I was being quite clever by guessing some things :lol:.

42 minutes ago, Athena said:

And here I thought I was being quite clever by guessing some things :lol:.

Erm.... Perhaps we can both be clever. :lol: I`m not sure I really ` guessed` - I think I`d read something with a similar explanation which had lodged in my mind . :)

14 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Erm.... Perhaps we can both be clever. :lol: I`m not sure I really ` guessed` - I think I`d read something with a similar explanation which had lodged in my mind . :)

Ah that makes sense :). Agreed, we're both clever!

I'm on Season 6 of Supernatural now. I was late to the party - I remember a few years ago when I was still on tumblr a lot that a lot of people liked Supernatural and it seemed like my kind of show, but I had too many other things to watch. This guy at work kept telling me to watch it and last year, I finally got started on it. I think they're airing the 12th or 13th season now, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

On 30/04/2017 at 10:29 AM, Alexander the Great said:

I'm on Season 6 of Supernatural now. I was late to the party - I remember a few years ago when I was still on tumblr a lot that a lot of people liked Supernatural and it seemed like my kind of show, but I had too many other things to watch. This guy at work kept telling me to watch it and last year, I finally got started on it. I think they're airing the 12th or 13th season now, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

The first five seasons are as good as it gets. After that, it varies between slightly downhill and tragic. They've needed to just let it die for years, by season 10 it just gets so convoluted and full of unlikable new characters and just ugh. I hope you still enjoy it though - I kept watching until about season 11 I think and then I admitted defeat. And I loved the first five seasons so much that I went to Toronto to a Supernatural convention. So it's saying something that I couldn't keep watching.

I've been watching (and loving) Modern Family. Think I'm onto season 4 or 5 now.

@Nollaig There is a clear shift in tone already, much more serious and very focused on god, angels, hell etc. It's really too heavy at times. But I still enjoy it :)

I love Modern Family too! I'm waiting to watch the latest season - the 7th or 8th until it's been aired entirely. Also less laugh-out-loud moments, but a nice feelgood silly show!

16 hours ago, Alexander the Great said:

I love Modern Family too! I'm waiting to watch the latest season - the 7th or 8th until it's been aired entirely. Also less laugh-out-loud moments, but a nice feelgood silly show!

I love it, it's funny, and I adore some of the characters, but it also has some really, really heartfelt moments. :)

14 hours ago, poppy said:

Just watched all of season 6 Game of Thrones over the course of three nights :blush: Oh my! Lots of screwing of eyes shut, but SO addictive!

One of the best series I think, much better than series 5!

12 hours ago, Madeleine said:

One of the best series I think, much better than series 5!

That's good to hear. We stopped watching after we saw a couple of episodes of season 5. At the time it was because the signal from the satellite was so crappy, we could not properly watch what we had recorded. I've not felt much inclined to go back though as I wasn't enjoying season 5 as much as the earlier seasons. My boyfriend is interested in continuing so I'm glad to hear season 6 might be a bit better than season 5, hopefully we will enjoy it more.

Finally finished Broadchurch :)

Line of Duty - fab stuff!

Started Big Little Lies - not quite finished the first episode but it's quite good so far.

Grantchester - don't have to pay too much attention to this but is generally an enjoyable watch.

The Last Kingdom - one ep to go, but it's been a consistently good series.

The Legacy - glad I managed to start this before it vanished!

Next up, I need to catch up on Spin and Versailles.

Loved Line of Duty and Big Little Lies - there are now voids in my TV viewing schedule!  Grantchester is easy, The Legacy is a bit hit and miss and I haven't watched TLK.  Glad to see that Hinterland is back on BBC4 this Saturday, lots of Welsh melancholy, lovely!