What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching Shameless (US) yesterday. (I saw 3-4 random episodes maybe 4 years ago when I was staying at a friend's and he wanted to watch his fave show. I got totally hooked! But knew I had to start from season 1. And for some reason it's taken me this long to start watching it!) Two episodes and I'm totally hooked and know that this will be a gripping show! :smile2: 

The only thing I'm really (re)watching at the moment is Fringe season 2.  I've just about given up on all the DC shows.  They all seem to have jumped the shark now - too many characters with new ones who aren't very good.  Arrow's the prime culprit.  I really, really hate what they've done with Wells in The Flash.  Even Supergirl has taken a nosedive and I used to be able to rely on that for a few laughs, at least.

Really must catch up on Agents of SHIELD, though - I'm about four episodes behind at the moment  :doh:

We loved Fringe

We've watched Crownies, and now we are re-watching Janet King.  Good stuff. 

The new series of Robot Wars started last Sunday, so I watched that.  It was great.  :D

I also caught one episode of Inside No. 9 (the one about the Sphinx), and quite enjoyed it.

I barely watch TV, so when something good comes on I tend to miss it altogether and find out about it six months later!

I finished watching Roots, which was really good. I have also watched 2 out of 3 parts of OJ: Made in America. I didn't think I would be able to get through something 7 1/2 hours in length but it's been compelling stuff - particularly re-living "The People vs OJ Simpson" tv show from the real life side of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my 16 and 12 year olds, I suspect the youngest may head off to bed soon! :D

Do tell us how it went :D 

I'm watching the Finnish version of The Lyrics Board. This show was mega popular here in 1997-2005, and then it was cancelled even though every fifth Finn watched it religiously. The show's restarted again with a completely new crew, and they are butchering the whole thing... Argh! 

Last night, we watched episode 3 of Class, the Doctor Who spin off created and written by Patrick Ness.  I'm really enjoying them, although they are quite creepy and scary at times, and it's definitely got adult themes for older teens and above, not for the little ones.

Husband had never seen Star Trek: TNG!  We're watching, into the second season. :)

We also watched the first ep of The Expanse.  Wasn't sure at first, but we will continue. 

Edited by pontalba

We also watched the first ep of The Expanse.  Wasn't sure at first, but we will continue.

Is that by any chance based on the book series or is it unrelated?

We're in the 5th season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I hope you and your husband enjoy TNG :).

We've started to watch Death in Paradise series / season 6. We've seen one episode so far, but I liked it (even if I was slightly confused at one point) and look forward to watch more of it. We're still watching Star Trek: The Next Generation too. In the UK we saw some British TV programmes such as Grand Designs, Top Gear, the BBC news and such, and I saw one episode of the American TV show Bones. I didn't like all of the programmes I saw, but it was nice to watch some TV.

I am watching Spectacular Spain with Alex Polizzi which is being shown on channel 5 I think she is so funny in the things she says but it makes a change from all the murder shows we watch.

1 hour ago, More reading time required said:

Finished watching the first seasons of This is Us and Timeless which were pretty good. Also finished Catastrophe. Fab series & excellent last performance from Carrie Fisher. :) 

Started watching the latest series of Line of Duty. So far so good.

We loved Timeless, I do hope a second season in commissioned! :)

We've watched Doctor Strange and Finding Dory. Both were quite enjoyable.

We're also watching Star Trek: The Next Generation season 5 and Death in Paradise series / season 6.  I'm enjoying both of those a lot too.