What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I've watched The OA (what a load of old tripe that turned out to be! :doh: )  I'm now working my way through Travelers, which has been a rather pleasant and enjoyable surprise.  And season 2 of The Expanse starts next week :yahoo:

I've just started a re-watch of Fringe as well.  I'd forgotten just how much I loved that show.  

I've been watching the Rick Stein shows as well, great aren't they?  I also like Michael Portillo's various railway journeys, he's in the US now.

Yes, I love Rick Stein - he's very easy going to watch, and he has a great love of books, so he can't be bad! :lol:  He opened a bookshop in Padstow last year. :)

We like the Michael Portillo railway journeys too, although we only watch them occasionally.

Catching up with the last few episodes of Rick Stein's Long Weekends - love these travelogues :wub:

Oh me too. I hated it that they only showed half of the episodes last year and then stopped for what seemed like months. Even when it did come back on my mum doesn't like him much and so turned it over when I was staying there  :drama:  

This is comfort telly at its best :)

It was an odd decision to show half then wait a couple of months and show the rest, although we tend to record everything and watch it when it suits us, and hardly ever watch live television nowadays, so it didn't really bother me too much.  Plus it means that if we've loved an episode, we've usually got the next one lined up to watch immediately afterwards if we like! :D

It was an odd decision to show half then wait a couple of months and show the rest, although we tend to record everything and watch it when it suits us, and hardly ever watch live television nowadays, so it didn't really bother me too much.  Plus it means that if we've loved an episode, we've usually got the next one lined up to watch immediately afterwards if we like! :D

I don't know how it is .. we have got some new technology but we have no recording facilities .. or none that I've been able to fathom anyway :D I think back fondly to the good old VHS days .. just press record! :lol: 

I rely totally on iPlayer which is such a treasure trove :wub: You can't let the grass grow under your feet though .. one blink and the episode has gone for good (or for five mins anyway .. there's always repeats :lol:) And it's lucky that I don't stray far from the BBC  :blush2: 

We watched a bit of a strange film the other day. The Penitant Man starring Lance Henriksen. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528813/

Reviewers called it somewhat dull, and in a way I agree.....but it held my interest, and is sticking with me. Enough so that we are going to watch it again. For nuance sake.

Stumbled upon Fresh Meat quite by accident, and am now watching the third episode :smile2:

Enjoy, you've got some cracking episodes ahead! :D

I've been watching Unforgotten, which after a slowish first episode (or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention) has got really intriguing. :)  Also watching Chewing Gum on C4, which is just bonkers. 

Recently I've watched The OA (what a load of old tripe that turned out to be! :doh: )  I'm now working my way through Travelers, which has been a rather pleasant and enjoyable surprise.  And season 2 of The Expanse starts next week :yahoo:

I've just started a re-watch of Fringe as well.  I'd forgotten just how much I loved that show.  

Is the OA not even worth watching for Jason Isaacs ? :( 

Hurray, The Flash and Arrow back this week. :D

I have been watching Class, a 8 part Doctor Who spin off. I only heard of it's existence this week, and so sought the series out. 

The violence and gore alone makes this NOT for children. It combines imaginative monster-of-the-week with a nifty plot arc. The central characters have been layered and developed and are relatively likeable. If the final couple of episodes work well I would be happy to watch a second series. 

Is the OA not even worth watching for Jason Isaacs ? :(

I'm sure you can find better things to watch him in  :smile:   The problem with The OA is that it flatters to deceive for the first three or four episodes and then descends into complete and utter drivel.  I don't think I've ever gone so quickly from being intrigued by a show to absolutely despising it  :giggle2:   But hey, knock yourself out.  And book some lessons in interpretive dance while you're at it  :banghead:  :giggle2:

I finished watching season 1 of Travelers last night.  Very enjoyable, really hope it gets another season.  And I'm up to Fringe 1x09  :smile:

I'm sure you can find better things to watch him in  :smile:   The problem with The OA is that it flatters to deceive for the first three or four episodes and then descends into complete and utter drivel.  I don't think I've ever gone so quickly from being intrigued by a show to absolutely despising it  :giggle2:   But hey, knock yourself out.  And book some lessons in interpretive dance while you're at it  :banghead:  :giggle2:

I finished watching season 1 of Travelers last night.  Very enjoyable, really hope it gets another season.  And I'm up to Fringe 1x09  :smile:

:giggle:

I looked up Travelers - it`ll have to be one of those ` buy on DVD in the future` for me, I think. 

Aw, Fringe was so good.  :D

Maaaaaaaan I wish The Big Bang Theory would go back to their early humour from the first seasons. The whole nerd thing is  old and predictable. You can only make so many Star Trek jokes. 

I know what you mean, although I still enjoy it.  I have to say though, there were a couple of episodes in the current series that made me chuckle, so I'll carry on with it for the moment. :)