121 replies to this topic

#121 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,676 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

Hope all you sick peeps feel better soon! Sending hugs and virtual honey and lemon!

I'm just home from watching Hacksaw Ridge, i don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight, so graphic and sad! :(

#122 Talisman

Talisman

Ugly bag of mostly water

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts
  • Reading now?:Before Night Falls: Reinaldo Arenas
  • Locationleafy Surrey

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

If I didn't turn up for job, and didn't call in, I'd be sacked!

A lot of companies would do that yes. I have managed to sort it out today though. He says he had an upset stomach and had his phone switched off because he spent most of the morning on the toilet. You cannot accuse people of lying and have to take their word for it - he does have a history of these sort of problems, so it is probably true. He is already on a final warning for other unrelated issues (from before I got this promotion), so if there is another disciplinary it is basically goodnight Vienna. We have then agreed to issue a letter of concern setting out what was said and discussed, and stating that if there is recurrence then it will be disciplinary.

This management lark can be stressful at times, but I suppose I signed up for it, knowing it would entail all this stuff.

On a happier note I went to see another opera last night - another one of those live feeds from the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden. This time it was Il Travotore (translated as The Troubadour) and it was fantastic. It had everything - a blood feud, a love triangle, a civil war and of course fantastic singing. The soprano lead in particular was just brilliant - such emotion and such fantastic acting - opera is acting as well as singing. We are going to see The Bolshoi dance Swan Lake at the weekend, and I am really looking forward to that one too.

Edited by Talisman, 01 February 2017 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users