What's Up in January 2017

chesilbeach

I'm getting along well with my new job and am continuously doing the house-hunting thing.  This weekend I'm looking at about 6 properties with my realtor so hopefully one of them will stick! 

I'm glad you're doing well :).

I hope everyone has a good weekend (I know it's only Friday, but still)!

This weekend we're celebrating my mother's birthday. Hopefully the roads won't be too icy so people can visit. I'm looking forward to seeing my family.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had quite a lot of snow last night - I was lucky to get home when I did as a lot of the roads were closed around here last night. Poor Coran got stuck for about 3 hours trying to get home from Putney in London. I am waiting for it to get a bit lighter before I see if I might be able to get to work, at the moment though it doesn't look too hopeful. I want to try though as I am meant to be doing some important training today and I need to also give a certain person his leaving present. :smile:

I hope you manage to get to work (and back), Talisman :).

There has been some snow here too, though more in the north and middle of the country than here in the south. This morning the weather was alternating between raining, snowing and hailing. Apparently it's going to get colder in the next few days - not looking forward to it staying below 0°C the whole day.

We had no snow in Bedford until about 30 minutes ago and now its coming down pretty hard. I had planned to go climbing again this afternoon but I see what the roads are like before I leave, if they look a bit dodgy I'll stay home. Off to London tomorrow for a belated birthday meal with my girlfriend. On Sunday I am going to go and look at an allotment (never thought I'd say those words) so I can grow my own vegetables this year.

I will happily ship all my snow to you snow lovers but I'll need to send the -0 temps too otherwise no deal! :P:lol:  Good news for me though, only 66 days left until the first day of Spring! Yahoo!

Any chance of some snow pics ? I`m really that desperate that vicarious snow will make me happy ! ;)

June, it must be great to think that you can start a new chapter next week - good luck!

Definitely. I have had enough doom and gloom to last a lifetime lately, so it's time to be a bit more positive.

I hope you manage to get to work (and back), Talisman :).

There has been some snow here too, though more in the north and middle of the country than here in the south. This morning the weather was alternating between raining, snowing and hailing. Apparently it's going to get colder in the next few days - not looking forward to it staying below 0°C the whole day.

I made it in just after 9am. It was important for 2 reasons really - to make sure that a certain person really did leave, to give him his leaving present and to attend some training for new managers. All three were I am pleased to say achieved and I learnt a lot from all three as well.

I'll be in shirt sleeve by this afternoon; sunny and spring like. Great for bagging a ton of leaves. Not much else going on, dog walking, hair washing. Exciting stuff!

Tali! Please try to restrain yourself from dancing a big, lmbo!

That really made me laugh as I felt like doing exactly that and I don't think I was the only one. I would have taken the rest of the maintenance team to the pub to celebrate were it not for the bad weather and the fact that he was likely to be in there himself! I will treat myself to something nice over the weekend instead. :alc:

As for T shirts, it was thermals here this morning. I finally got to work just after 9am. It normally takes about 20 minutes but it took twice as long today because of all the snow and ice. I had to keep swerving to avoid all the branches in the road that had been bought down by the weight of the snow and there were patches of ice everywhere which made getting above 20 mph difficult. It was fine once you got to the main road, but of course the country roads where I live were a different story, as none of them are gritted. It was worth it though not only for the training which was brilliant, but also to see his ugly mug for the last time. :bye2:  :jump:   :b7ydance:

Edited by Talisman

I hate snow. Couldn't get to work this morning, despite the roads really not being that bad. Sure, we had a lot of snow in the early(ish) hours but because I live in a bit of an awkward area (high up!) the buses are a pain. Took 'till lunchtime to get to work, which they were really quite understanding about considering, but it was still frustrating...

To top it all off I'm not having a good week. Have a really sore foot from where my shoes have rubbed - I'm not used to doing as much walking as I am with this new job. I also slipped on some black ice coming home and think I've pulled something in my leg. Got some bumps, bruises and scrapes down my arm/right-side and my shoulder aches.

Never been happier for the weekend. Lots of limping around and moving as little as possible I think. :lol:

Had to work late on Thursday, then my car was already iced up by the time I had to drive home, so spent 10 minutes defrosting the car before getting started and then there was an accident on the motorway so the journey home took another 10 minutes longer than it normally does.  I hoped this wasn't an omen for a bad start to the weekend, and fortunately, fingers crossed, so far, it hasn't!!!

Finally got to see Rogue One yesterday afternoon then went for a pizza, and today we took a trip down to Dorset - the weather was beautiful, bright, cold but not windy so it didn't actually feel too cold.  Had a lovely walk around the market and the shops, bought a new book, as well as some produce from the food market, then went down to Chesil Beach and got a breath of my favourite sea air! :D

Sounds like a good day. Mine has been quiet by comparison, with a trip to Sainsbury's this morning while Coran did some work on a big website she is working on, followed by an afternoon of reading. I also booked an opera ticket for my trip to Malta in about 6 weeks (The Marriage of Figaro), which will soon come round. We are supposed to have heavy rain throughout much of tomorrow so I expect that will be a day of reading as well.

It was a short weekend for me, as I went into work yesterday, but the benefit it that I get a couple of days of at the end of this week, so I'm already planning what to do with them. :D   I definitely want to go and see A Monster Calls at the cinema, and the Slapstick Festival is on at Bristol at the weekend too, and as it's not too far away from me, I might try and see a silent film too - there's a Harold Lloyd on the schedule which I haven't seen before, so that might be a good choice :)  Mustn't think about it too much though, as there's still a couple of days of work to go first! :lol:

Hey y'all!

I've spent an hour or so updating my Happy Planner 365. I love this thing as it holds my fitness/meal journal, budget, bullet notes and calendar. I like to go through and update my budget for expenses over the weekend and set my appointments for the rest of the week. I found that this really keeps me on track, no leaving notes and papers all over my desk. 

This morning I did my 5 minute tabata workout, had quiet time, made my green smoothies (two per day) took my vitamins and put away laundry. Later today I'll go for a nice long walk but between now and then, I'm working on the outline for my book. 

Today is Martin Luther King Day and I've opted out of doing the regular parades and such. It honestly just not in me this year. 

Have a great day!

and the Slapstick Festival is on at Bristol at the weekend too, and as it's not too far away from me, I might try and see a silent film too - there's a Harold Lloyd on the schedule which I haven't seen before, so that might be a good choice :)  

That sounds awesome!  Which Harold Lloyd film?  I have a massive box set of his films.  Are they showing any Buster Keaton?  He's my main man (as you may have guessed by my avatar!).

That sounds awesome! Which Harold Lloyd film? I have a massive box set of his films. Are they showing any Buster Keaton? He's my main man (as you may have guessed by my avatar!).

It's called Hot Water. The Buster Keaton this year is NotFilm and I know they've shown sone in the past too :)

Had a nice tea break this morning with a colleague/friend, teaching her how to get started cross stitching. Was really nice :) I'm not great at making friends, and this was the first time we did anything together without our intermediary mutual friend, so am happy.

I have had a busy few days at work now that my grumpy ex colleague has gone. I don't mind though as it so much nicer without him. They are advertising for a replacement who will I am sure be appointed in due course. The rest of the maintenance team have agreed though that as from Monday next week we will have a box in our tea room and every time someone mentions his name they have to put a pound coin in the box. At the end of the year the money will be used for all of us to go to the nearest pub, which happily is less than 5 minutes walk away.  It might be quite a party.   :smile:

I must admit that it gave me great pleasure to see his keys hanging up on the hook on Monday. It gave me even greater pleasure to clear out all the rubbish that he left behind in our housekeeping storage shed. :D

Had a nice tea break this morning with a colleague/friend, teaching her how to get started cross stitching. Was really nice :) I'm not great at making friends, and this was the first time we did anything together without our intermediary mutual friend, so am happy.

That sounds great, Noll!  I'm terrible at making friends, but on the odd occasion when I've made the effort, it's mostly worked out very well.

I've had a busy day, trying to get all my work done before the end of the day as I'm off for a few days now.  Definitely off to the cinema for a couple of films tomorrow and it's also my book group in the evening, so looking forward to tomorrow immensely. :smile2:

That sounds nice :)!

I must admit that it gave me great pleasure to see his keys hanging up on the hook on Monday. It gave me even greater pleasure to clear out all the rubbish that he left behind in our housekeeping storage shed. :D

I'm glad you feel better :).

I've had a busy day, trying to get all my work done before the end of the day as I'm off for a few days now.  Definitely off to the cinema for a couple of films tomorrow and it's also my book group in the evening, so looking forward to tomorrow immensely. :smile2:

I hope you enjoy your day today :).

Today was a beautiful and warm day (for January) and I washed the car and then tossed a football with the neighbors 6 year old for about 30 minutes.

I'm glad you had a nice day :).

I'm enjoying a few quiet days, relaxing and resting from the past busy times.

Sadly ill...

Full of cold and was actually physically sick through the night. Had managed to brave most of this week at work (bit of sniffles never hurt anyone!) but unfortunately had to ring in this morning - and because of actual sickness was advised to not go in tomorrow either. It's frustrating - I'd honestly rather be busy/not feeling unwell/at work, but what can you do? *shrugs*

Going to spend a few days resting up, reading when I feel up to it, probably watching sport on the telly and drinking copious amounts of tea.

:doh: