What's Up in January 2017

chesilbeach

It sounds like you've had a rotten time!  I hope you get well soon too.  :empathy: 

Back in to the swing of things at work now, but definitely looking forward to finishing tomorrow for the weekend! :lol:  Waiting to see what the weather's like at the weekend before making too many plans for the weekend, but hoping to visit my cousin to help her out with her sewing machine (although heaven knows, I'm no expert! :giggle2:), but it's a country road trip, and if it's too cold, I probably won't risk the icy lanes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since then I've been trying to treat myself for that with paracetamol, ibuprofen, antihistamine and menthol steaming but it's not been getting any better. So I eventually got antibiotics yesterday and signed off from work til next week, as the last thing I want to be doing is sitting in front of a computer screen. The headache got worse last night but is much better today which is hopefully a sign of the penicillin doing its job and clearing all the gunk out.

I'm so sorry you've been feeling so bad :hug:. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

My grandparents were supposed to be here tomorrow but due to icy roads it might postphoned until Sunday.

Happy new year all!

I've not been around for a while as for the first part of the Christmas holiday I was on holiday from work and busy with the kids and then later on I just got ill and it's been one of those Christmases to forget! I've had a headache every day since the 20th Dec and initially thought it was sinusitis. As the headaches got worse, and I got less and less functional, I saw out of hours GP on Boxing Day who diagnosed a return of my migraines and prescribed imigran. That helped at first but it was worse again the next day, so this time 111 recommended me to go to A&E where I eventually had a CT scan due to also having had a solid whack on the head from my daughter armed with a remote control in hand, that was causing me acute pain too. That came back clear thankfully but it did show up a sinus infection which is what I initially thought it was, but had been worsened by also getting migraines on top of this!

So since then I've been trying to treat myself for that with paracetamol, ibuprofen, antihistamine and menthol steaming but it's not been getting any better. So I eventually got antibiotics yesterday and signed off from work til next week, as the last thing I want to be doing is sitting in front of a computer screen. The headache got worse last night but is much better today which is hopefully a sign of the penicillin doing its job and clearing all the gunk out.

It's been perhaps the driest Christmas on record for me (even accounting for 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding :lol:) - I still have an unopened 1l bottle of Baileys on the shelf :cry: - and the least chocolate and cheese filled of them all too. Also my reading was non existent as that was too painful. Still, at least I don't have any excess xmas weight to lose! :lol:

Noooo ! Nightmare !!  :empathy:

Hope the migraines clear up soon and it`s all sinus-related.  I get migraines two weeks out of the month and it - ahem - does my head in.  :banghead:  I`ve also tried pizotifen ( weird side-effects ) and nortriptyline ( nasty nausea and wooziness ) ; I take imigran and ginger, alternating between the two, together with dihydrocodeine. 

Boo at the dry Xmas ; I had my first drink in 2 and 1/2 years at New Year, and it was really good.  :blush2:

I'm so sorry you've been feeling so bad :hug:. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

My grandparents were supposed to be here tomorrow but due to icy roads it might postphoned until Sunday.

:(  We`ve had quite a bit of frost, but the next few days get up to 9C, before we get a cold snap again. BTW, your Mum posts such great Wintry scene photos ! :D

Edited by Little Pixie

More Reading..., you certainly got a raw deal over the holidays, hope you're doing better.

I'm sitting here in my recliner wearing my giant one piece sleeper with the fire going. We had "snow" this morning, all of two hours of flurries, lol! Kizzy wasn't quit sure what to make of the stuff that came down from the sky but wasn't water. She will NOT go out to use the bathroom when its raining. She didn't mind the snow flurries!

I really want to go to see Rogue One with hubby but he's still sleeping. If we don't make it I guess I'll just laze about the rest of the day.

I wasn't that impressed with Rogue One when I saw it Virginia, but of course it does add to the story. Eventually when all the Star Wars films have been released we will sit down and watch them all in sequence (i.e. 1,2,3 etc) as opposed to the order in which they were released.

Yesterday Coran and I went into Guildford to stock up on Lush goodies among other things. There wasn't an awful lot of Christmas stuff left, but I managed to get a few half price soaps at least and we had a nice lunch in Pizza Express. I also got a few pairs of winter trousers for work, as it is getting colder now and a guide book for my trip to Malta at the end of February, as I need to start reading up on what to see and do. Coran is going to try and get her tax done this morning, so it will be a quiet morning for me reading (terrible I know), and then this afternoon we are going to see The Nutcracker Ballet. It is one of those live feeds from London, which is so much better than dragging all the way up there. I am not sure which ballet company it is, but The Nutcracker is always good to watch.

Morning all.

Sorry I haven't been online yet so far this year, I've been off work since December 30th so have been making the most of my time off and have spent the vast majority of my time curled up with a book.  I've deliberately stayed offline so that I don't get sidetracked from things and have only been on briefly in the evenings to check email etc.  I go back to work on Wednesday though (I'm already getting those back-to-work-blues!) so should be around a bit more often then.

Hope everyone is well.

:(  We`ve had quite a bit of frost, but the next few days get up to 9C, before we get a cold snap again. BTW, your Mum posts such great Wintry scene photos ! :D

I hope it won't get too cold again over there :(. Thanks, I'll tell her :D.  

I'm sitting here in my recliner wearing my giant one piece sleeper with the fire going. We had "snow" this morning, all of two hours of flurries, lol! Kizzy wasn't quit sure what to make of the stuff that came down from the sky but wasn't water. She will NOT go out to use the bathroom when its raining. She didn't mind the snow flurries!

I really want to go to see Rogue One with hubby but he's still sleeping. If we don't make it I guess I'll just laze about the rest of the day.

I hope you had a nice day :).

Yesterday Coran and I went into Guildford to stock up on Lush goodies among other things. There wasn't an awful lot of Christmas stuff left, but I managed to get a few half price soaps at least and we had a nice lunch in Pizza Express. I also got a few pairs of winter trousers for work, as it is getting colder now and a guide book for my trip to Malta at the end of February, as I need to start reading up on what to see and do. Coran is going to try and get her tax done this morning, so it will be a quiet morning for me reading (terrible I know), and then this afternoon we are going to see The Nutcracker Ballet. It is one of those live feeds from London, which is so much better than dragging all the way up there. I am not sure which ballet company it is, but The Nutcracker is always good to watch.

It's nice you had a successful shopping trip and I hope you enjoyed the ballet :).

Sorry I haven't been online yet so far this year, I've been off work since December 30th so have been making the most of my time off and have spent the vast majority of my time curled up with a book.  I've deliberately stayed offline so that I don't get sidetracked from things and have only been on briefly in the evenings to check email etc.  I go back to work on Wednesday though (I'm already getting those back-to-work-blues!) so should be around a bit more often then.

I hope you enjoy your last few days off :).

Unfortunately the weather is still bad down here in the south, so my grandparents aren't coming today either. I guess on the plus side, it should be a relatively quiet day.

Finally made it up to see my auntie yesterday and then onto my cousins to sort out her sewing machine - it's a mini machine so very basic, but that's all they need at the moment.  One of her daughters is going to have a play with it and see how she gets on, so I think I might be on call for assistance in the future. :D

Also, her youngest daughter is my goddaughter and she's a real bookworm ( :wub:) and just getting to the age where we can read the same books, so I bought my first book for her yesterday and chose Beetle Boy by M. G. Leonard as it was one of my favourites from last year.  I've started to compile a list of books I think she'll love, and her birthday is close to mine, so I think a trip to the bookshop might be in order then to treat us both! :exc:

I've had a dreadful end to 2016 and an equally horrid start to 2017. In the week before Xmas (which was the week of my show), Xander got tonsilitis, Josh and I both got a viral infection, Mum got a chest infection, and my Grom fell and broker her hip. Things were just starting to get better, and Grom got home last Friday, but Josh had a relapse of his virus last week (he's fine again now), and now I have a full on nasty bout of flu. Spent Monday in hospital on a drip getting fluids into me because it was impossible to swallow, which wasn't pleasant. I'm home again now, but haven't had much sleep over the last three or four days, so I feel exhausted, and am in a lot of pain, both in my throat, and all my bones and joints, and general headachy-ness. Dale was able to take a few days off work to deal with everything, but he had to go back today (if he doesn't work, we don't eat - LOL!). Fortunately, he was able to refuse overtime and will be home shortly after lunch to take over. Mum can't come and help either, as she's had to move in with Grom till she gets back on her feet properly (which could be several months). She feels horribly guilty, even though I keep telling her there's absolutely no need to - it can't be helped - just a run of bad luck, is all! Ah well, things can only get better, right?

I'm on bed rest as much as possible, getting as much fluid into me as a can, and eating what I can (mostly soup, and soft things like mashed veg and pasta). I've had to cry off rehearsals for the panto for the next week or two, but at least we've only just begun rehearsing, and the show isn't till Easter (I'm playing Puss in a panto of Puss in Boots), but I'm also having to miss the Infusion Belated Xmas Party (the company that did The Magic Toy Box that I was in the week before Xmas) - I'm gutted at having to miss that - I was really looking forward to it!

Ah well, all the more time for reading (when my brain fog and headache lifts enough to allow it), and watching movies. The boys are both being good and helping as much as they can, and Dale is a total star. <3

Wow, Kell! I'm so sorry you and your family have had such a  bad time of it but I'm happy that everyone is on the mend. Your poor mom, bless her, she's got that mother's heart, wanting to be in two places at one time.

I've been pretty mellow these last few weeks. Not much going on just easing my way into the new year. We've got the budget set, my fitness journal going and my house pretty much organized. I do plan on getting off my duff next month and taking a real estate course with the end being me becoming licensed.  That's a 60 hour course. I'm pretty excited about it. I should be able to get with a real estate company and get some experience.

Whelp, that's about it.

Have a great one y'all!

What a horrible start to the year Kell. I hope you and the fmaily feel better soon. :empathy:

I am trying to get as much work done as possible this week before my colleague leaves on Friday. Up until my promotion he was paid about £1000 a year more than me because of his so-called extra responsibilities, one of which was maintaining our COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health) sheets. It transpired though that a lot of the areas that need these don't have them, and those that do have them are for the most part not up to date. Some have not been updated since 2012, which is really not brilliant at all, as these things are a legal requirement. I have then been trying to get as many up to date as possible - a mammoth task when there are 30 or 40 different products that we use in so many different areas of the site.

I will I admit breathe a huge sigh of relief though when Friday rolls round and will not be sorry at all to see the back of him. It will mean more work for me in the short term until they find a replacement, but in the long term it is a fantastic opportunity to start from scratch as a new Manager myself with a brand new hand picked team.

Edited by Talisman

Hope you feel better soon, Kell.

You sound so organised, Virginia!  I wish I had that gene :lol:

June, it must be great to think that you can start a new chapter next week - good luck!

I've had a day off, and spent it meeting up with Janet and Poppyshake, we had a really good natter, with coffee and toast.  Back to work tomorrow, and I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow, then we're hoping to go and see Rogue One at the weekend, but also have to work some of it too.  Not sure how I'm going to fit it all in, if I'm honest! :D

Chesil, lol! I'm organized NOW because all the grands are gone. I can be ruthless with the tossing out. I sought the first part of last year decluttering but didn't get down to the nitty gritty of the finances until a few months ago. It took something but it was well worth the effort!

I've had a dreadful end to 2016 and an equally horrid start to 2017.

Awwww :(. I hope you all feel better soon :flowers2:.

Yesterday my boyfriend and I went out shopping and met up with my brother and his girlfriend (in their apartment). It was fun to spend some time with them. We had a great day out :). The next few days I'll need to rest from yesterday.

First shift back in Barcelona out the way, I really am starting to count down the weeks until the whole project is done. I forgot how tedious it is living out of a hotel as I haven't done it for work for about 15 years. I did manage to actually finish a book thiis week which is a huge plus given how bad I was at reading last year.

Switching between the UK and Spain on a regular basis really does highlight the climate difference, especially at this time of year.

I will happily ship all my snow to you snow lovers but I'll need to send the -0 temps too otherwise no deal! :P:lol:  Good news for me though, only 66 days left until the first day of Spring! Yahoo!

I hope you are on the mend, Kell, and your fam too!  

I'm getting along well with my new job and am continuously doing the house-hunting thing.  This weekend I'm looking at about 6 properties with my realtor so hopefully one of them will stick!