#121 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,464 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Yes, that's the one. :smile:

I look forward to read your review of it in due time :).

I've started reading Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - The Illuminae Files 2: Gemina. I found myself in the mood for it. So far, so good :). Though I haven't read a lot in it yet, but I do look forward to reading more in it later.

#122 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,891 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'm 100 pages into The Great Forgetting by James Renner, and it's just starting to kick off and get really interesting.  The story so far is about Governmental mind control of civilians, via chemicals in the water and the air.  Knowing Renner, there could even be some time travel plopped in along the way, but I'm only guessing.  I'm really enjoying it.

Ooooh *adds to wishlist*

I'm reading The Last Days of Jack Sparks and it's pretty good. Don't really like Jack himself, but it's a fun read.

#123 bobblybear

bobblybear

Too many books!!

• Supporter
  • 4,982 posts
  • Reading now?:A Million Years In A Day - Greg Jenner

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

I still haven't finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. I'm at 92% and I should finish it tonight. :D

I finished it last night. Pretty good, but I found it a bit too long.

I look forward to read your review of it in due time :).

I need to get started on my 2017 reviews. I don't want to get too far behind so early on in the year. :o

#124 frankie

frankie

Partial!

• Supporter
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

I've also bought The Reader on the 6:27 by Jean-Paul Didierlaurent as it was on the Kindle Daily Deal today :)

I loved that one! :smile2: I hope you'll like it! 

I finished it last night. Pretty good, but I found it a bit too long.

Good enough for me :D :unsure: :blush: :D 

I have 80 pages left of The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay. 

#125 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts
  • Reading now?:Cogheart by Peter Bunzl

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

I loved that one! :smile2: I hope you'll like it!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it :D

I finished Cold Comfort Farm today, so that's another English Counties book finished. I loved it, a chucklesome read :giggle2:

#126 frankie

frankie

Partial!

• Supporter
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

I finished my second novel of the year, The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay. :smile2:  

#127 willoyd

willoyd

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Reading now?:How to be Danish by Patrick Kingsley
  • LocationIlkley

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Finished Georges Simenon's The Flemish House, another in the Maigret series, and the third book of the year.  Not the most complex of whodunnits, but then that isn't Simenon's style.  Highly atmospheric - which is what I read them for, so a bit more than a cut above the average!

#128 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:36 AM

I'm reading Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah, one of her early ones (2005), it is clear from her early books that she was honing her writing style and quality.

#129 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,891 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

I finished The Last Days of Jack Sparks. It was dipping in the final third, and it was on the verge of being knocked from four stars down to three, but you know what, I loved the ending so much and got so much enjoyment out of finishing the book I've actually bumped it up to a five star. Will definitely re-read.

#130 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,464 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

I'm on page 200 (out of 659) of Gemina (The Illuminae Files 2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. So far I'm really enjoying the book :).

#131 More reading time required

More reading time required

Bookworm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationKenilworth, UK

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

I finally finished Revolution by Russell Brand which was not the quick read I thought it'd be after a virtually reading free festive period. It had some quite interesting ideas in it. :)

Started The Unmumsy Mum by Sarah Turner which was one of my Christmas books 'from my kids'. The other one being Hurrah for Gin, another comedy parenting book. :D

#132 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

I read My Name Is Markham by Jodi Taylor today.  It's the latest short story in the Chronicles of St. Mary's series, so I don't have any new ones to read until the next full length novel which is published on the 13th April.  I have pre-ordered it, so it'll be ready and waiting on my Kindle for me when I get up that morning! :D

#133 Bianca

Bianca

Settling In

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Reading now?:The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
  • LocationBournemouth

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

It's been a while since I was last on here, so I've made it a New Years Resolution to come back, as well as read many books from new authors :)
Since Christmas, I've read two books and well into the third!
Hidden Killers by Lynda La Plante - one of my favourite authors. Was tense through out, just like all La Plante titles and made a fantastic read.
The Waters Of Eternal Youth by Donna Leon - I had never heard of this author prior to seeing the book featured in a magazine that I buy. It's actually part of a series but I thought I would still give it a try. You can read this title as a standalone without having read a previous book from the series. I would advise getting through the first chapter as it then becomes a brilliant read!
I'm now reading Dead Man's Time by Peter James - it was a gift from my grandparents for Christmas and for once they bought a book that I actually wanted to read :) The plot seems very tense at the moment and is definitely one of those books which you don't really want to put down! I do like the Roy Grace series from James!
Another New Years Resolution is to start reviewing each title I read, so I might just start with Dead Man's Time when I've finished it! :)

#134 bobblybear

bobblybear

Too many books!!

• Supporter
  • 4,982 posts
  • Reading now?:A Million Years In A Day - Greg Jenner

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 AM

I'm about two-thirds through Apple Tree Yard and I'm really enjoying it. Super book. :D

#135 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,891 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 AM

I'm about two-thirds through Apple Tree Yard and I'm really enjoying it. Super book. :D

Yay, I'm delighted!

I've started another thriller (really need to finish my other two books, but in the mood for thrillers!) - Before I Let You In by Jenny Blackhurst. Not read anything by her before but it was less than £1 on Kindle and had one of those 'a thriller with a twist you won't see coming!' taglines in the title - usually a sign of a second rate book. But sure, we'll give it a go!

#136 Ben

Ben

Final Frontier

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,913 posts
  • Reading now?:Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada & Anne Bronte's The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.
  • LocationWest Yorkshire.

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Finished David Mitchell's Slade House yesterday - which was good, but I think I've missed out by not reading The Bone Clocks first (didn't realise I needed to). Been unwell this week so not felt like reading much, but plodding away. Have started The Loney by Andrew Hurley and I'm very interested to see where it goes...

#137 Kylie

Kylie

Multifaceted Abnormal

• Moderators
  • 13,256 posts
  • Reading now?:Deciding...
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

I finished reading Round the Christmas Fire by various authors.

#138 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Started The Reader on the 6.27 this morning, and I'm about halfway through already, but I think it must be quite a short book as it hasn't taken me long! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users