Jump to content
Athena

Read-a-thon - 2017

Recommended Posts

Had a good two hours of reading this afternoon. When I wasn't dozing off to sleep.....and hope to read another 2 - 3 hours reading this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my progress so far:

 

Friday I didn't read anything

Saturday 'The Drawing of the Three'- Stephen King 7% read(I don't know where I got 20% the other day!)

Sunday 'The Drawing of the Three'-Stephen King 25% read

Total percentage read 32%

I don't really know what that means for pages read.

 

As I missed Friday completely, I'm going to do an extra day of the read-a-thon tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, karen.d said:

So far, I'm really enjoying 'The Drawing of the Three'. It has a much different atmosphere about it and it is much more exciting. It has changed my mind about this series.

 

That's good to hear :)!

 

17 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I very badly haven't actually been online to update my progress, but here's what I've done since Thursday:

 

Thursday: Nothing on Earth - Conor O'Callaghan 161 pages (finished)

Friday:      The Escape - C. L. Taylor 280 pages

Saturday: The Escape C. L. Taylor 153 pages (finished)

                 The Slap - Christos Tsiolkas 177 pages (finished)

                  How I Lost You - Jenny Blackhurst 140 pages

 

So my aim is to finish How I Lost You today. Very happy with my progress, as I'm now one book ahead of schedule and should be two ahead by the end of the day! :)

 

Wow, you've been reading a lot!

 

11 hours ago, Marie H said:

Had a good two hours of reading this afternoon. When I wasn't dozing off to sleep.....and hope to read another 2 - 3 hours reading this evening.

 

I hope you had a nice time reading this past weekend :).

 

11 hours ago, karen.d said:

Here's my progress so far:

 

Friday I didn't read anything

Saturday 'The Drawing of the Three'- Stephen King 7% read(I don't know where I got 20% the other day!)

Sunday 'The Drawing of the Three'-Stephen King 25% read

Total percentage read 32%

I don't really know what that means for pages read.

 

As I missed Friday completely, I'm going to do an extra day of the read-a-thon tomorrow.

 

I hope you have fun during another read-a-thon day :)!

 

On Sunday I read:

 

Geronimo Stilton - De Avonturen van Marco Polo (Le Avventure di Marco Polo) (385 pages)

 

This was another children's book and thus had a big font. I didn't spend lots of time reading, but it's definitely an improvement considering how much / little I've been reading since June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't do my totals on Sunday, so here they are. I included Thursday simply because I read almost an entire (187 page) short book that day and wanted to count it!

 

Thursday: Nothing on Earth - Conor O'Callaghan 161 pages (finished)

Friday:      The Escape - C. L. Taylor 280 pages

Saturday: The Escape C. L. Taylor 153 pages (finished)

                 The Slap - Christos Tsiolkas 177 pages (finished)

                 How I Lost You - Jenny Blackhurst 140 pages

Sunday:    How I Lost You - Jenny Blackhurst 212 pages (finished)

                 Pretty Girls - Karin Slaughter 40 pages

 

Total: 1163 pages across five books.

 

Definitely the most reading I've done in ages and the best read-a-thon since sometime last year. Very happy with that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nollaig said:

Total: 1163 pages across five books.

 

Definitely the most reading I've done in ages and the best read-a-thon since sometime last year. Very happy with that :)

 

Well done :)!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nollaig said:

I didn't do my totals on Sunday, so here they are. I included Thursday simply because I read almost an entire (187 page) short book that day and wanted to count it!

 

Thursday: Nothing on Earth - Conor O'Callaghan 161 pages (finished)

Friday:      The Escape - C. L. Taylor 280 pages

Saturday: The Escape C. L. Taylor 153 pages (finished)

                 The Slap - Christos Tsiolkas 177 pages (finished)

                 How I Lost You - Jenny Blackhurst 140 pages

Sunday:    How I Lost You - Jenny Blackhurst 212 pages (finished)

                 Pretty Girls - Karin Slaughter 40 pages

 

Total: 1163 pages across five books.

 

Definitely the most reading I've done in ages and the best read-a-thon since sometime last year. Very happy with that :)

Wow! That's impressive! Here's my progress:

 

Friday: I didn't manage to read anything

Saturday: 'The Drawing of the Three'- Stephen King  7% Read

Sunday:'The Drawing of the Three'-Stephen King 22%

Monday: 'The Drawing of the Three'- Stephen King 25%

 

Total percentage Read: 54%

 

I don't know many pages I read, but I'm quite pleased that I read over half of the book during the weekend. I'm really enjoying this book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It kind of passed me by, but I just realised this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) it's the September read-a-thon!

 

Yesterday I read:

 

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 1: Dork Diaries: Tales From a Not-So-Fabulous Life (re-read) (283 pages)

Liz Pichon - Tom Gates 1: The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (re-read) (250 pages)

 

Is anyone else doing any reading this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about this the other day. It just suddenly comes round to the next month. 

 

I read 85 pages and finished Persuasion Jane Austen, throughout the day yesterday.

 

I'll probably do a bit of reading this evening.

 

Edited by Lau_Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice :)! I hope you were able to do a bit of reading :).

 

Yesterday I read:

 

Jim Smith - Simon Sukkel 1: Ik Ben (G)Een Sukkel (Barry Loser 1: I am (Not) a Loser) (re-read) (240 pages)

Lincoln Peirce - Big Nate 1: The Boy with the Biggest Head in the World (re-read) (217 pages)

Stephan Pastis - Timmy Failure 1: Mistakes Were Made (re-read) (296 pages)

 

These books have a lot of illustrations and I'd read them before, so I went through them a bit quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's some great reading.

I hope you enjoyed them :)

 

I read The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The NightTime by Mark Haddon.

So brilliant!

 

 I also started The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory, I am enjoying this but only on page 21. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The NightTime! I'm glad you liked it too :).

 

Yesterday I read:

 

Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton - Treehouse 1: The 13-Storey Treehouse (re-read) (248 pages)

Dee Shulman - Mijn Supergeheime Dagboek: Reality-tv: Een Nachtmerrie! (Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: Reality TV Nightmate) (re-read) (128 pages)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah sugar, I would have taken part. Didn't even think of it.

 

Well, I finished Eleanor Oliphant, think I read maybe a third of it since Friday, I read The Iron Man by Ted Hughes and I'm 80% of the way through Silent Scream  by Angela Marsons. So I'm doing pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one posted about the October read-a-thon, I totally forgot about it myself :doh:.

 

The read-a-thon in November is on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of November. I won't be participating myself, because that's the weekend I celebrate my birthday with my family. I'll first be busy with preparations for that and then be having the actual celebration. I might have time to read a bit on Friday, but probably not on Saturday or Sunday. But I thought I'd post about it, because maybe someone else wants to participate.

 

The read-a-thon in December is on the 1rst, 2nd and 3rd of December. I don't know yet exactly what I'll be doing then, but if I have some time and energy, I may try to do some reading and participate :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×