Read-a-thon - 2017

Athena

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm new and I'm not entirely sure if I'm welcome to join, but I was planning on reading a lot this weekend anyway, so why not :)

I'll be doing uni work too, but I'm sure I'll find time to read as well!

Of course you're welcome to join in! The more the merrier and all that :).

Great progress, you guys! :smile2:  :readingtwo:

Ooh, that's good progress, I hope it means you're enjoying it.

It was partly me not being able to go to sleep and thus I could read for longer in bed, but also partly because I was enjoying the book :D I was enjoying it on a 'this will probably be a 3/5 book for me' level. After that, I've now possibly come to a 3,5-4/5 level. I'll see how it goes :D But boy there's been stuff that I didn't expect, in the book :D 

Friday: 33 pages of Eligible (long day at work and a lot of errands and prep for Saturday's travel meant I didn't have much time to read, unfortunately)

It was partly me not being able to go to sleep and thus I could read for longer in bed, but also partly because I was enjoying the book :D I was enjoying it on a 'this will probably be a 3/5 book for me' level. After that, I've now possibly come to a 3,5-4/5 level. I'll see how it goes :D But boy there's been stuff that I didn't expect, in the book :D

I know exactly what you mean ... it's definitely a 21st century version! :lol: Well, I'm very pleased you're enjoying it.

I actually managed to squeeze in another 25 pages last night, when I started Who Let The Gods Out?.

So far this weekend I've started and finished The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket, probably listened to around 100 pages of Frostbite by Richelle Mead, and read about 30 pages of Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. It's more than I've read on any other weekend in a long time, so I'm happy!

I read about 135 pages of You yesterday, finishing the book. So I basically read one (400+ page) book over the weekend. Definitely could have done better, but cross-stitch! :giggle:

There's just not enough hours in the day at the weekend, are there?! :D  We readers should be allowed extra time on our weekends to allow us to do other things AND read. :lol:

There's just not enough hours in the day at the weekend, are there?! :D  We readers should be allowed extra time on our weekends to allow us to do other things AND read. :lol:

And a national (or universal, actually) bank holiday at least once a year :D 

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to announce next weekend it's the March read-a-thon (Friday the 3rd, Saturday the 4th, Sunday the 5th of March), just in case anyone who wants to join, wants to prepare for it. As for myself, I'm toying with the idea of participating (reading my short library loans). I'm currently reading other longer library loans, and it depends how far I am with those, and whether I'll be in the mood for the short reads, whether I join in with the read-a-thon (I don't know that I want to keep track of time though). Because ideally I want to finish the long reads first, but I don't know yet if I'll manage that. And if I do, I don't know whether I'll feel in the mood to read even more during the next weekend (in which I also want to do other things). But anyway, feel free to post if you plan on doing the read-a-thon next weekend :).

I'm unlikely to participate as I'm focusing on my cross-stitching at the weekend. That said, I might have a casual read-a-thon and try to do more reading than I might otherwise have done, as I do need to get back on track.