Read-a-thon - 2017

Athena

Soon it will be 2017, so I'm going to post the schedule for the monthly read-a-thons in 2017.

The read-a-thons generally always take place (unless we communally decide otherwise) on the first Friday, Saturday and Sunday that all fall in the same month.

The dates for 2017 are (Friday, Saturday, Sunday):

January: 6th, 7th, 8th

February: 3rd, 4th, 5th

March: 3rd, 4th, 5th

April: 7th, 8th, 9th

May: 5th, 6th, 7th

June: 2nd, 3rd, 4th

July: 7th, 8th, 9th

August: 4th, 5th, 6th

September: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

October: 6th, 7th, 8th

November: 3rd, 4th, 5th

December: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

The aim is to read during these days. There are no specific themes, you can read whichever book(s) you like.

We use this thread to discuss our plans for and progress during the read-a-thons.

On occasion the dates don't suit anyone, in that case we decide alltogether when would be the best time for everyone. In the past it's happened that the read-a-thon was held a week earlier or a week later. Usually though we have it on the dates posted above.

Happy reading in 2017 :readingtwo:!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh go on then, I'll pop in with my comments. Spending time with the OH for most of it, but read a bit of On Beauty to and from work today and will probably spend most of my evening with it.

Good luck to everyone else participating. :yes:

Thanks Athena! :)  I would say I've done great, considering how my mojo was AWOL for so many weeks. But I've finally found a book that keeps me going! :smile2: 

Sunday: 74 pages of Risteily by Mats Strandberg

(I might continue with a personal read-a-thon week, as I'm coming down with flu or something and I might not be able to go to work... This would be a great time to continue with my willing mojo!)

Do it, Frankie! I hope you feel better soon!

So,

Friday 240 Prague Winter by Madeline Albright

Saturday 124 Prague Winter and As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Sunday 20 :D As I Lay Dying

Total= 384!

*don't know if Faulkner is for me :/

My weekend was terrible as far as reading goes. Had to work a lot so there was little time to read. I've barely read 200 pages from Beloved.

That's kind of a tough book, ya?

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a look at the calendar, and it turns out it's the read-a-thon next weekend (3rd, 4th, 5th of February). I don't know if anyone plans to participate, but I thought I'd post about it in case anyone wanted to but they had forgot when it was.

I want to take part in this. I'm going to meet a friend on Saturday so I might not be able to do any reading on Saturday, but instead I will include Thursday on my read-a-thon (I have the day off). So that's still three days of reading :) 

Hey everyone, I'm new and I'm not entirely sure if I'm welcome to join, but I was planning on reading a lot this weekend anyway, so why not :)

I'll be doing uni work too, but I'm sure I'll find time to read as well!