Athena

Athena's Reading List 2017

I hope your 2017 Reading Year is as happy and productive as this one!  :friends3:  :readingtwo:

I hope you have a great reading year in 2017!  And I like it that you're going to go with your mood in books more in 2017, than in 2016. I hope you'll still feel like taking part in read-a-thons, by maybe just reading the books that you feel like reading during the read-a-thon weekends :smile2:

Happy Reading in 2017 !  :friends3:  :doowapstart:

Thanks, Sarah :friends3:!

I hope you have a great reading year in 2017!  And I like it that you're going to go with your mood in books more in 2017, than in 2016. I hope you'll still feel like taking part in read-a-thons, by maybe just reading the books that you feel like reading during the read-a-thon weekends :smile2:

Thanks, Frankie :). I'm not planning on participating in January's one, and then after see how it felt not to participate. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I find it hard to read for quite some time if the book requires a lot of processing, that's why I used to often read children's books for the read-a-thon. I'm sure I'll want to get back to reading children's books in a while.

Happy 2017 Gaia, I agree with with the mood reading idea, I hope it works for you! :)

Thanks Chalie :)!

I wish all three of you a very happy reading year in 2017 :readingtwo:!

I re-read Blake Charlton - Spellwright 1: Spellwright. I started this book on the 26th of December (2016), and finished it today. I read this book a few years ago but couldn't remember a lot of things. Book 3 in this trilogy was published last August, and in preparation of reading books 2 and 3, I re-read book 1 because I didn't remember much of it. I bought book 2 in 2012 but waited with reading it until I had book 3, in case it ended on huge cliffhangers (which I can't stand).

It was really nice to re-read book 1. I was in the mood for some high fantasy with magic, and magic plays an important role in this story. I remembered some things that happened in the book but some of the plot twists I didn't remember until they happened - which made for a nice reading experience.

I will say I noticed a few things this time around, that I don't remember from last time. Maybe it's because I've been reading so many children's books lately, because a few years ago I wasn't reading many of those. The book sometimes contains descriptions and on occasion I found myself wanting to skip past those few lines of description. I had no problem with them when I first read the book though, and I have read lots of other nice books with longer descriptions years ago. It probably didn't help that I put the book down a couple of times due to other things that were going on. Then I didn't want to finish it in 2016, so I waited with finishing it until it was 2017. I might've enjoyed the book more had I just been reading it in a shorter amount of time, not broken up by a couple of other books and Christmas celebrations (on the 26th) and New Year's Eve and such. I was so tired on New Year's Day (yesterday), I didn't read much.

On the whole though I quite enjoyed reading this book, even if I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I remember enjoying it a few years ago. Whenever I did have time or I made time or I allowed myself to read in the book, I generally enjoyed reading it. I think the magic system is really interesting. I love that Nicodemus's character is dyslectic in a way. The author himself is dyslectic. It's so nice he used his own experiences with his dislexia as a part of the book.

This is the author's debut novel and it's a very impressive one - in my opinion. I might be clouded by nostalgia somewhat, but I enjoyed reading it and that's all I can say.

Hiya...just popped in say happy reading in 2017...looks like you are well organised again... :giggle2: ...have fun :readingtwo: 

I hope you have a fabulous reading year, Athena!

Thanks, Alexander :)!

Have a great reading year Athena!

Thanks, Madeleine :)!

Hiya...just popped in say happy reading in 2017...looks like you are well organised again... :giggle2: ...have fun :readingtwo: 

Hey Diane, thanks :)!

Happy reading in 2017! :D

Thanks, Noll :D!

Yes, Happy Reading Year in 2017 Gaia! Hope you have a great reading year  :hug:

Thanks, Kay :hug:!

Mucho happy reading to you for 2017, Athena!  You are so well organized!  :smile2:

Mucho happy reading to you for 2017, Athena!  You are so well organized!  :smile2:

Thanks Peacefield :). I wish you very happy reading in 2017 too :)!

Happy reading in 2017. :)

I don't think we have many books in common, so I probably don't comment in your blog often, but I shall try to make more of an effort.

Thanks, Frankie :). I'm not planning on participating in January's one, and then after see how it felt not to participate. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I find it hard to read for quite some time if the book requires a lot of processing, that's why I used to often read children's books for the read-a-thon. I'm sure I'll want to get back to reading children's books in a while.

Okay, I understand :)   Another question for you, though: is it just my imagination or is your thread more simple this year? I think you had a whole lot more posts in the beginning of your thread last year! 

Happy reading in 2017. :)

I don't think we have many books in common, so I probably don't comment in your blog often, but I shall try to make more of an effort.

Thanks, Janet :). I don't think we have many books in common either, but thanks for coming to my thread and wishing me a happy reading year :). I will be following your thread too.

Okay, I understand :)   Another question for you, though: is it just my imagination or is your thread more simple this year? I think you had a whole lot more posts in the beginning of your thread last year!

It's not your imagination! You are totally right, so nice of you to notice :smile2:. I looked at my 2016 thread before I made this one, and saw there were quite a few things I meant to add but never did (instead just leaving the post mostly empty). I wanted things to be a bit simpler this year (no pressure and all that), so I decided to not add quite a lot of the things I had in my 2016 thread.