The BCF Book Awards 2016

Kylie

nteresting! I've been looking forward to reading this. Is it better than The Sisters Brothers, do you think? (I assume you've read that...)

That's a hard call!! What a position to be put in :D

I still haven't done this! Culled the questions I have no answers to :)

Favourite read? Radiance by Catherynne Valente, A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, The Man From Primrose lane by James Renner, Solace by Belinda McKeon, The Herbalist by Niamh Boyce, Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas, The Thing Itself by Adam Roberts, The Black Snow by Paul Lynch

Most read author? I Guess Mo Hayder, Stephen King and Hanya Yanagihara, as I read two books each by them and one by everyone else.

Favourite book cover? The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry, Thin Air by Michelle Paver, All The Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders, Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller, Radiance.

Book you abandoned (if there was more than one, the one you read least of)? The Family Man by T. J. Lebbon

Book that most disappointed you? The Deposition of Father McGreevy by Brian O'Doherty
Funniest book? We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist
Favourite literary character? Jude in A Little Life
Favourite children's book? Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Favourite non-fiction book? An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield

Funniest book? We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist

Favourite children's book? Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Favourite non-fiction book? An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield

I'm happy you liked We Should Hang Out Sometime so much for it to make your 2016 BCF Book Awards list :).

The same goes for the other two books quoted: both are on my TBR so that's promising :).

I'm happy you liked We Should Hang Out Sometime so much for it to make your 2016 BCF Book Awards list :).

The same goes for the other two books quoted: both are on my TBR so that's promising :).

Maybe I should have added they were the only books I read that fell into those categories :P

Yay!  I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!   :exc:

It has issues - namely that it basically switches genre halfways through, so people not expecting the later twist might not like it, and those of us like me who knew something like that was coming, are waiting and waiting for it to happen. So definitely not flawless, but I let it go, coz I really liked it :P