Frankie reads 2017

frankie

19 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Just the essentials then. :lol:

Exactly :D  I posted a picture on FB with the few titles on the floor and I think some people thought I'd done a big culling of my library! :unsure: I didn't mean to mislead anyone :blush:

11 hours ago, Athena said:

Good luck with the move! I hope things will be okay without electricity! I like the picture of your books and book jar in the empty room :). The floor looks nice, I like wooden floors.

I wish you lots of fun living at your new apartment :smile2:!!

Thanks! :smile2: The move went really well and swiftly! It only took us 1,5 hours :D  Everyone was really surprised by how quick it was. I had the best people to help so it was also fun! :smile2:    

The electricity hasn't been a huge problem, because after the move, I took my friends to a restaurant to treat them to a buffet as a thank you for the move help. Then we did a bit shopping (I needed some essentials to the new apartment) and then when I came home, I read for a bit and then took a nap :D It was 19.30 when I got up and went to the shop to buy breakfast stuff. 

It was so lovely to take a shower, as my old bathroom was really tiny, and this one is so spacious! :wub:    It makes such a difference to have a nice bathroom with space. 

Now I've had a bit to eat and I've found the clothes I'll wear to work, and that's that. I'm not doing any unpacking today, I'm so tired! I couldnt' get to sleep last night and I was so exhausted this morning. 

I love the view... My old view was of the building across the road. Here at  my new apartment I see loads of sky, and tall buildings in the distance. It's so lovely! :wub:  

I'm so happy! This feels like the first really nice, stress-free apartment since I moved to south from Joensuu. In my first apartment I had a roommate, and the last one was furnished, and the lease was so short and had to be continually renewed. So stressing. This place is so big and affordable and lovely! :wub:  I'm just so relieved and happy that I can't quite believe it's true! :unsure:

Edit: Athena, the floors are laminate floors! They look wooden but aren't. I had wooden floors at the old apartment and they were annoying because they made a noise when I was walking or doing anything on them. Sometimes I got sticks from it :(  I love the laminate floors in my new apartment! :wub:  :wub:

Edited by frankie

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad you're loving your new apartment :smile2:!!!!

12 hours ago, frankie said:

Edit: Athena, the floors are laminate floors! They look wooden but aren't. I had wooden floors at the old apartment and they were annoying because they made a noise when I was walking or doing anything on them. Sometimes I got sticks from it :(  I love the laminate floors in my new apartment! :wub:  :wub:

My mistake, we have laminate floors too (and I love them), so that's what I meant to say :doh:. I'm happy you love your new floors :)!

I'd love to see a picture of the view, if you're willing to share? I love nice views from places - I have no nice view from my current house but in previous ones I've had really nice views. I also just love seeing what other people see around the world :D

Delighted you're so happy with your apartment. I also love the look of the floors and the white walls - fresh, bright, and neutral so you can decorate however you want :D

On 27.8.2017 at 9:52 PM, Little Pixie said:

Ooh, do you get a sunset or sunrise view ? Or both ? :) 

It's been cloudy every evening so I can't say for sure (this is an unfamiliar area of Helsinki to me!) but I think I get the sunset :smile2:

On 28.8.2017 at 9:49 AM, Athena said:

I'm so glad you're loving your new apartment :smile2:!!!!

I'm loving it more and more every day!! :smile2:   I'm so happy here!! :smile2:

On 28.8.2017 at 9:49 AM, Athena said:

My mistake, we have laminate floors too (and I love them), so that's what I meant to say :doh:. I'm happy you love your new floors :)!

Ah, that's what you meant! No worries! :friends3:    I'm really bad at telling what kind of floor one has. I've only recently learned what laminate is :D  I think laminate is pretty common in apartment buildings over here. 

On 28.8.2017 at 11:16 AM, Nollaig said:

I'd love to see a picture of the view, if you're willing to share? I love nice views from places - I have no nice view from my current house but in previous ones I've had really nice views. I also just love seeing what other people see around the world :D

Yes, why not! :)  But I'll have to do it later this week, as  I need to do some sorting of stuff first, preferably :D   I've not unpacked anything! :D  I've been so lazy and just enjoying the apartment. I've only looked at boxes and bags to find a towel and clothes for work :D 

On 28.8.2017 at 11:16 AM, Nollaig said:

Delighted you're so happy with your apartment. I also love the look of the floors and the white walls - fresh, bright, and neutral so you can decorate however you want :D

I like the floors so much! :)  And the white walls, too! I think, though, that white walls are pretty common over here. They did a bit of touching up after the last tenant so I got newly painted walls and the floors done :)  

When I got home today, I met a man at the door and said hello, and then I saw he had a doggy!! It was a small doggy, I don't know the breed. Maybe a terrier sort of thing or a mix. I told the man that the dog was great and he laughed and I looked at the dog and the dog looked at me and was obviously friendly and I let him smell my hand and he licked it! :smile2:  I was in a hurry, though, so I didn't stay to chat.  I'm sure to see them later! :smile2: Glad to have dogs living in the building :) I can't wait to see the Bernese Mountain Dog again! 

I saw the doggy again the other day, but s/he was too busy trying to catch a treat that s/he didn't pay attention to my presence :D   I'm now more convinces s/he is a Border Terrier. 

This is my first weekend at the new place. I'm loving it! :smile2: My parents came to Helsinki to my aunt's housewarming party and so I got to see them, too. Today we went to see some furniture stores and I bought myself a couch! They will deliver it on Tuesday. I can't wait! :) My parents also visited my place and I think they liked it :)   I'm so happy :smile2:  

I'm now wondering if I should get Billy bookcases or a this other type of bookcase that doesn't have a backboard. Too many choices at Ikea!! 

Edit: Just so I'm honest and no one thinks everything's perfect: I think the previous tenant smoked inside the apartment (!! why would they, when they have a balcony!!) so I need to do a lot of airing. I've kept the kitchen window open the whole time I've lived here and it still smells. 

Edited by frankie

Sounds like everything's working very well for you, despite the previous tenant's unfortunate habits!

Delivery on Tuesday? That's so fast! I know here in Belgium it can take weeks before they deliver furniture. I have the bookcases without backboards myself - the square ones you can kind of play around with. I prefer the open back, because you can put them in the middle of a room and have books on both sides.

I hope your apartment will smell less like smoke soon! I really dislike the smell of smoke. I'm glad it's pretty good otherwise :). Is the weather good enough over there to air the place without getting too cold?

Tuesday is pretty fast delivery! At least, here it can also take a while before they deliver the new furniture. I hope you like your new couch :).

I really like the Billy bookcases myself, they are my favourite. But it's true what Alexander says if you want to put a bookcase in the middle of the room, then the open backs work better (I'm just not entirely keen on the squares). I have some openbacked Lundia bookcases (I don't know if you have Lundia in Finland?) that I was gifted (they're normally quite pricey I think?), I like them a lot too even if the Billy ones are my favourites.

It was so nice reading about how much you love your new apartment, I'm really happy for you! :) It's a shame about the smoke smell but I'm sure it will fade, maybe you could get some nice scented candles to help?

New bookcases are always exciting :lol:

Hello peeps! And thank you for your comments and posts and well wishes! :smile2: This is my second Friday at my new place and in a way it feels like the very first weekend here because last weekend I didn't have any time to really relax and just chill, because my parents were visiting and I spent a lot of time with them. I was really happy to see them, and I was happy to show them my new apartment, but now I'm really really happy to be able to spend the whole weekend here in my new apartment, just chilling. I've still not fully recovered from my flu, and it's been a cold week weather-wise and so I need to rest. 

I'll get back to your posts now! :)

Edit: I don't know how to dissect the quotes on you guys' posts so that I can address your similar questions at the same time. 

Edited by frankie

On 3.9.2017 at 1:23 AM, Alexander the Great said:

Sounds like everything's working very well for you, despite the previous tenant's unfortunate habits!

It appears that maybe the previous tenant didn't smoke in the apartment, but rather the tenant who lives above me smokes in their kitchen and because of the ventilation, I get the 'goods' in my kitchen. Sigh!! I will have to keep the kitchen door closed (thank goodness there's a door!) and I can air the kitchen as there's a window and stuff. I'll live. But it's annoying!! 

On 3.9.2017 at 1:23 AM, Alexander the Great said:

Delivery on Tuesday? That's so fast! I know here in Belgium it can take weeks before they deliver furniture. I have the bookcases without backboards myself - the square ones you can kind of play around with. I prefer the open back, because you can put them in the middle of a room and have books on both sides.

I don't think I've ever shopped for furniture that I've needed delivered so I wouldn't know if it's fast or not. They did say that they have the type of couches in stock so it's going to be quick. 

On 3.9.2017 at 10:00 AM, Athena said:

I hope your apartment will smell less like smoke soon! I really dislike the smell of smoke. I'm glad it's pretty good otherwise :). Is the weather good enough over there to air the place without getting too cold?

It was nice enough to air the place without getting cold last week, but this week it's gotten really cold. I did a google search and found out about how to get rid of the paint smell and the smoke smell: put vinegar on a plate and leave it for a few hours to get rid of smells. It worked with the paint smell! :)  And it worked with the smoke smell for a while, too, but then I smelled smoke again and I realized that it must come from a neighbor's apartment, via the ventilation. But I'll keep the kitchen door closed and I can air the kitchen itself every now and then, and a friend suggested I close the panel for the kitchen ventilation. Or nearly close it, leaving not much room for the smoke to feel welcome here in my apartment! 

Tuesday is pretty fast delivery! At least, here it can also take a while before they deliver the new furniture. I hope you like your new couch :).

I do like it! :smile2:  I've taken a nap on it almost every day ever since I got it :D   It's comfy! 

I really like the Billy bookcases myself, they are my favourite. But it's true what Alexander says if you want to put a bookcase in the middle of the room, then the open backs work better (I'm just not entirely keen on the squares). I have some openbacked Lundia bookcases (I don't know if you have Lundia in Finland?) that I was gifted (they're normally quite pricey I think?), I like them a lot too even if the Billy ones are my favourites.

Yeah we have Lundia over here! I didn't really know about Lundia before but I got to know it when I started working for my boss: she has Lundia bookcases :)  Is Lundia a Dutch product? The Lundia that my boss has does not have any backwalls or sidewalls, so personally it's not my favorite. I think it gathers more dust than the ones that have backwalls and as someone who's allergic to dust, it makes a huge difference! 

On 3.9.2017 at 1:59 PM, Hayley said:

It was so nice reading about how much you love your new apartment, I'm really happy for you! :) It's a shame about the smoke smell but I'm sure it will fade, maybe you could get some nice scented candles to help?

I did think about scented candles, but then I remembered that when my Boss had scented candles some months ago, they made me feel weird. They almost gave me a headache. I think I'm a bit too sensitive for them. I don't want to be but can't help it :(  I did buy a sort of an air refreshener or something but I haven't tried it yet. 

On 3.9.2017 at 1:59 PM, Hayley said:

New bookcases are always exciting :lol:

They are, aren't they! :wub:  

I haven't bought any yet. I would've liked to buy some this weekend but I've not fully recovered from my flu yet and I need to relax this weekend. Maybe next weekend! :cool:

On 4.9.2017 at 1:56 PM, Nollaig said:

Hey, nothing wrong with everything being perfect, Frankie! Everyone deserves to luck out with things from time to time. Shame about the smoke smell, though, hope you get rid of it!

Funny how you said 'luck out'.  I don't know for sure if I've ever used the expression, or if I've ever heard it before. I totally understood what you meant from the context, but as a non-native English speaker, it's one of those expressions that doesn't make any sense if one thinks about it. It's like lucking out =  out of luck. Which is the opposite of what you meant! :D   I mean it just sounds odd if one doesn't know what it means. 

I have further enjoyed my apartment :D I can't remember if I've already told you, but the bus ride to work is so beautiful: it's part woods, part uni campus, part fields. I love it! I also met a new doggy neighbor this morning: I was in a massive hurry to get to work so I couldn't stay and say hello but someone was walking a German Shepherd sort of mix today and it was a full grown puppy, she or he. S/he was totally interested in making my acquaintance and looked so happy-go-lucky that I was so annoyed that I was in such a hurry! I hope to meet her/him soon again! :) 

Two other things: I told you guys I would have to cull my books because of the move, but it all happened so fast that I decided I wasn't going to do the culling but pack every single book that I owned and haul it with me :D   :boogie:   Huzzaaah! 

The other thing: today I popped in a charity shop after work. Because it was next to a shop that I needed to visit. I didn't find anything I wanted _and_ needed, until I saw the titles in the paperback section. It was a section where most of the paperbacks were marked with a green sticker, and the green sticker meant that four of those would cost you 1€. Cheap as heck! I saw a copy of Sebastian Faulks's Birdsong. A friend of mine borrowed my own copy of the book back when I was still living in Joensuu, I think, and that was 3 years ago! So I thought if I found other books I wanted, I'd get myself the copy of Birdsong so that my friend could just keep my copy (she's not yet managed to read the book :D ). Then I saw a copy of Jeffery Deaver's The Cold Moon. I was sure I had a copy of it but I didn't! And then I saw the sticker on the front cover: signed by the author :o And sure enough, there was a signature!!!! :o   Bloody hell! 

Then it was a matter of finding two other books so I could get it all for 1€. I found a copy of the third Stieg Larsson book and then went back to see if I could find a copy of the second. Which I did! So maybe it's about time I read the sequels to the first novel. Which I really really liked back when I read it! But I can't remember all the stuff about the investigators and stuff, so I don't know if it's going to be easy to go back to the next novel to just read it... 

Anyway, I'm happy with my finds! :D 

Oh and yes, another book I need to confess to buying.... I ordered a copy of The 7th Function of Language by Laurent Binet. I'm so happy about it! :wub:  It arrived today. Unfortunately I live  in such a small part of town that there's no kiosk (where they deliver Adlibris books to if they don't fit in one's mail box) here, and so I had to go to the neighboring area to get the package. It was only a few stops away, though, and it was the same bus I can get to my home with from downtown so it was easy enough and it was nice to see a new part of Helsinki. 

Sorry if there are any typos or such. My brain's just not working as usual because of the flu. I've been kind of scatterbrained this week at work, too. I took the wrong subway to work this week!!  And other stuff. I'm just not functioning fully at the moment. I did re-read what I wrote so I probably got rid of at least most of the typos but if I don't make sense, blame the flu :D

Edited by frankie

I just read about the 10 year anniversary of the Goodreads, and it made me think of what time of the year it is, and then I realized that I missed my 9th Anniversary here on the Book Club Forum!! I cannot believe it's been that long. Although in a way I think it's been forever. The forum's been a huge part of my life in different ways. I've gotten to meet some amazing people through this forum, for which I'm incredibly grateful. This forum rocks! Keep on reading, fellow BCF'ers! :kiss:

35 minutes ago, Little Pixie said:

Hope the flu disappears altogether soon. :(

I hope so too! It's been a particularly long one this year! :( 

Ooh, those are some great, cheap books  ! And a signed one ! :o

I googled to see what JD's signature looks like and it might really be an authentic one :o  Bloody hell!!! Who would want to give up a signed one!!

Forgot to say, congrats on the Anniversary. :D

Thanks! :D   It feels like so long :D   Lots of great people, lots of great convos :yes:

9 hours ago, frankie said:

It appears that maybe the previous tenant didn't smoke in the apartment, but rather the tenant who lives above me smokes in their kitchen and because of the ventilation, I get the 'goods' in my kitchen. Sigh!! I will have to keep the kitchen door closed (thank goodness there's a door!) and I can air the kitchen as there's a window and stuff. I'll live. But it's annoying!! 

Wow, that is very annoying!! How stupid. I hope it helps to keep the kitchen door closed and air the kitchen regularly.

I do like it! :smile2:  I've taken a nap on it almost every day ever since I got it :D   It's comfy! 

That sounds nice :D.

Yeah we have Lundia over here! I didn't really know about Lundia before but I got to know it when I started working for my boss: she has Lundia bookcases :)  Is Lundia a Dutch product? The Lundia that my boss has does not have any backwalls or sidewalls, so personally it's not my favorite. I think it gathers more dust than the ones that have backwalls and as someone who's allergic to dust, it makes a huge difference! 

I had to look it up but it seems Lundia is indeed Dutch. I had no idea! As far as I know, at least, back in the day, they also sold bookcases / closets with closed walls and backs. One of the ones I have has closed walls but an open back. My old cabinet had closed walls, a closed back and doors on the front (I think it's upstairs up the attic now). The other one I have has open walls and open backs, but because it is against the doors of my old clothes cabinet / wardrobe, the back is sort of closed. My room / library with the book cases doesn't get that dusty because I'm not in there all the time (the door stays closed) and there aren't often dogs in there either. My living room in the bakery gets dusty a lot more easily, because I'm there almost all the time and because the dogs are there too sometimes (Boris dragged in so much sand the other day, I could hardly believe it!). Lundia is pretty versatile, you can mix and match with things.

I had a look on the Lundia website and it does look a bit different than the ones I have! So I guess they changed their design throughout the years. I'm sure the ones I have, we already had when we lived in our old house and that was when I was an older child and younger teenager. Perhaps they are even older than that, I'm not sure.

In general though I also prefer a closed back bookcase with closed walls. My Billy bookcases are my favourites (wood colour).

I did think about scented candles, but then I remembered that when my Boss had scented candles some months ago, they made me feel weird. They almost gave me a headache. I think I'm a bit too sensitive for them. I don't want to be but can't help it :(  I did buy a sort of an air refreshener or something but I haven't tried it yet. 

Awww :(.

I have further enjoyed my apartment :D I can't remember if I've already told you, but the bus ride to work is so beautiful: it's part woods, part uni campus, part fields. I love it! I also met a new doggy neighbor this morning: I was in a massive hurry to get to work so I couldn't stay and say hello but someone was walking a German Shepherd sort of mix today and it was a full grown puppy, she or he. S/he was totally interested in making my acquaintance and looked so happy-go-lucky that I was so annoyed that I was in such a hurry! I hope to meet her/him soon again! :) 

That sounds so nice :).

Two other things: I told you guys I would have to cull my books because of the move, but it all happened so fast that I decided I wasn't going to do the culling but pack every single book that I owned and haul it with me :D   :boogie:   Huzzaaah! 

Awesome :D.

The other thing: today I popped in a charity shop after work. Because it was next to a shop that I needed to visit. I didn't find anything I wanted _and_ needed, until I saw the titles in the paperback section. It was a section where most of the paperbacks were marked with a green sticker, and the green sticker meant that four of those would cost you 1€. Cheap as heck! I saw a copy of Sebastian Faulks's Birdsong. A friend of mine borrowed my own copy of the book back when I was still living in Joensuu, I think, and that was 3 years ago! So I thought if I found other books I wanted, I'd get myself the copy of Birdsong so that my friend could just keep my copy (she's not yet managed to read the book :D ). Then I saw a copy of Jeffery Deaver's The Cold Moon. I was sure I had a copy of it but I didn't! And then I saw the sticker on the front cover: signed by the author :o And sure enough, there was a signature!!!! :o   Bloody hell! 

Then it was a matter of finding two other books so I could get it all for 1€. I found a copy of the third Stieg Larsson book and then went back to see if I could find a copy of the second. Which I did! So maybe it's about time I read the sequels to the first novel. Which I really really liked back when I read it! But I can't remember all the stuff about the investigators and stuff, so I don't know if it's going to be easy to go back to the next novel to just read it... 

Anyway, I'm happy with my finds! :D 

Wow, that is so lucky :o!! A signed book and those other books, for €1!! Amazing :D. What a find!! I hope you enjoy all the books you bought.

Oh and yes, another book I need to confess to buying.... I ordered a copy of The 7th Function of Language by Laurent Binet. I'm so happy about it! :wub:  It arrived today. Unfortunately I live  in such a small part of town that there's no kiosk (where they deliver Adlibris books to if they don't fit in one's mail box) here, and so I had to go to the neighboring area to get the package. It was only a few stops away, though, and it was the same bus I can get to my home with from downtown so it was easy enough and it was nice to see a new part of Helsinki. 

I hope you enjoy this book too :)!

Sorry if there are any typos or such. My brain's just not working as usual because of the flu. I've been kind of scatterbrained this week at work, too. I took the wrong subway to work this week!!  And other stuff. I'm just not functioning fully at the moment. I did re-read what I wrote so I probably got rid of at least most of the typos but if I don't make sense, blame the flu :D

I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:!

8 hours ago, frankie said:

I just read about the 10 year anniversary of the Goodreads, and it made me think of what time of the year it is, and then I realized that I missed my 9th Anniversary here on the Book Club Forum!! I cannot believe it's been that long. Although in a way I think it's been forever. The forum's been a huge part of my life in different ways. I've gotten to meet some amazing people through this forum, for which I'm incredibly grateful. This forum rocks! Keep on reading, fellow BCF'ers! :kiss:

Happy BCF anniversary!! I'm very happy to be a part of this forum, and even though I've "only" been here for 4 1/2 years the forum is a huge part of my life too. I love this place :kiss:.

On 9.9.2017 at 8:09 AM, Athena said:

Wow, that is very annoying!! How stupid. I hope it helps to keep the kitchen door closed and air the kitchen regularly.

It's really annoying indeed! So inconsiderate! But at least it's the kitchen, the room I spend the least time in, so that's good. 

I had to look it up but it seems Lundia is indeed Dutch. I had no idea! As far as I know, at least, back in the day, they also sold bookcases / closets with closed walls and backs. One of the ones I have has closed walls but an open back. My old cabinet had closed walls, a closed back and doors on the front (I think it's upstairs up the attic now). The other one I have has open walls and open backs, but because it is against the doors of my old clothes cabinet / wardrobe, the back is sort of closed. My room / library with the book cases doesn't get that dusty because I'm not in there all the time (the door stays closed) and there aren't often dogs in there either. My living room in the bakery gets dusty a lot more easily, because I'm there almost all the time and because the dogs are there too sometimes (Boris dragged in so much sand the other day, I could hardly believe it!). Lundia is pretty versatile, you can mix and match with things.

Wow, I just asked on a whim if it's a Dutch product, and then it was!! :D  That's so funny :D Seems like a really versatile thing indeed. Boss told me it's versatile earlier but now I have a better picture of the things they've done :)

Wow, that is so lucky :o!! A signed book and those other books, for €1!! Amazing :D. What a find!! I hope you enjoy all the books you bought.

It's not the same as if I'd had the chance of meeting Mr Deaver myself, but it's probably as close as I'll ever get, as he's probably not going to visit Finland anytime soon :D   I'm still mega excited about it! :D 

Happy BCF anniversary!! I'm very happy to be a part of this forum, and even though I've "only" been here for 4 1/2 years the forum is a huge part of my life too. I love this place :kiss:.

I remember when you joined the forum, and it feels like it was just a few years ago! Time flies by.. It feels as fast as a kid growing up. They grow up so fast, and we get to the next anniversary and the next so soon! :D 

5 hours ago, Hayley said:

What a great find in the charity shop! And at four for 1€ too! 

A real steal, what with the signature!! :)

5 hours ago, Hayley said:

Happy 9th BCF anniversary :) hope you're feeling better now!

Thanks Hayley! :smile2:   

Unfortunately I have to say I'm not feeling better. I went to the health center on Tuesday and they did a CRP test as well as a complete blood count and everything was fine.  I'm glad of the results (my iron levels have further improved even though I've not even taken any supplements! :o ) but at the same time I'm starting to get worried as it's been six weeks now! I mean I don't have a fever, and my infections have been cured, but I've felt not fully recovered for three weeks now, almost.  I just don't know what's wrong :(  I got sick leave for this week but it's not done anything for me and Monday's coming fast and I'm none the wiser. 

On another note... I've been a member on another online book club for about the same time as I've been on here. It's a Finnish forum and there aren't that many regular members. I'm not there very regularly, I pop in every now and then. Anyways, they have an annual meeting in the fall and I've always wanted to go and meet new bookish people, but I used to live so far away. When I moved to south, I was closer but I've either chickened out or had something else to do. This year, though, the date they settled on works for me and I'm definitely going to go. I don't know any of them personally, so I'm rather nervous, but I'm excited about meeting people who read books etc.! :)  

Happy 9 year anniversary :)

What you have just said there, reminds me that I am a member of a couple of forums, not for books but for films. I joined around 11 years ago and it was such a lovely, warm place then things escalated.  Now you could see a tumbleweed pass through. 

Sorry to hear you're still not 100%. Can you not get an extension on your sick leave?

Hope you have fun at the meet up! That does sound good. :)

10 hours ago, frankie said:

I remember when you joined the forum, and it feels like it was just a few years ago! Time flies by.. It feels as fast as a kid growing up. They grow up so fast, and we get to the next anniversary and the next so soon! :D 

That's true, it was 9 January 2013, so 4 1/2 years ago now :). Next year in 2018 will be my 5-year anniversary. Somehow the date always passes me by before I realise it though :doh:.

Unfortunately I have to say I'm not feeling better. I went to the health center on Tuesday and they did a CRP test as well as a complete blood count and everything was fine.  I'm glad of the results (my iron levels have further improved even though I've not even taken any supplements! :o ) but at the same time I'm starting to get worried as it's been six weeks now! I mean I don't have a fever, and my infections have been cured, but I've felt not fully recovered for three weeks now, almost.  I just don't know what's wrong :(  I got sick leave for this week but it's not done anything for me and Monday's coming fast and I'm none the wiser. 

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you're still not feeling better :(. I'm glad your results were good, but it is also worrying as it seems to take a long time for you to recover without knowing why. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

On another note... I've been a member on another online book club for about the same time as I've been on here. It's a Finnish forum and there aren't that many regular members. I'm not there very regularly, I pop in every now and then. Anyways, they have an annual meeting in the fall and I've always wanted to go and meet new bookish people, but I used to live so far away. When I moved to south, I was closer but I've either chickened out or had something else to do. This year, though, the date they settled on works for me and I'm definitely going to go. I don't know any of them personally, so I'm rather nervous, but I'm excited about meeting people who read books etc.! :)  

That sounds exciting, I wish you a lot of fun :)!

19 hours ago, frankie said:

This sounds like a great way to meet some new people! I'm on a Dutch Harry Potter Forum, which isn't very active any more for obvious reasons. But back in the heyday, there was a tight group of members. They'd have meets too, but those were always in The Netherlands and I was a teenager, so I never got to go, sadly.