Books You're Looking Forward to in 2017

Kylie

What books are you looking forward to being published in 2017? :readingtwo: 

Have you heard about any releases that other members might be interested in? I'm looking forward to the big lists posted on the major book news sites (usually early in the new year), but in the meantime I've found info about a couple of other books.

I haven't read Claire Fuller's first book, but I found out that her second book, Swimming Lessons, will be published on 26 January.

Also, for those of us still sticking with MRC Kasasian's Gower Street Detective series, the fifth book in the series, Dark Dawn Over Steep House, will be published on 1 June. I still haven't read the fourth one yet, but I intend to. :)

I'm never very good at knowing when my favourite authors are releasing books until they're practically already upon us. I'm hoping McCarthy's long-awaited new novel The Passanger is released in 2017, and I've had a few ARCs that I'm looking forward to discussing upon release. Other than that, I'm sure I'll be as late to the party as ever when it comes to new releases.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to The Year of the Locust by Terry Hayes. He wrote I Am Pilgrim which is the best spy thriller book I've read in years. Roll on August 2017! :boogie:

Me Too!!

Also, I've preordered Paul Auster's new book 4321https://www.amazon.com/4-3-2-1-Novel/dp/1627794468/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482457532&sr=8-1&keywords=paul+auster+4+3+2+1  coming out at the end of January.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read Claire Fuller's first book, but I found out that her second book, Swimming Lessons, will be published on 26 January.

Oooh, I enjoyed her first one, so I've added this to my wishlist.

I never know what books are coming out - I come to this thread to find them! :lol:

I never know what books are coming out - I come to this thread to find them! :lol:

It's a shame there isn't an easier way to find out (to my knowledge). Yes, some authors and publishers do newsletters but that's on a per author or publisher basis (I'm subscribed to a few). I find myself often having to search for the medium size paperback releases because you can't be notified of them (they're usually a while after the hardcover and Kindle releases). So every few months or so I go on online webshops and type in my favourite authors and see what comes up. Sometimes I browse the 'recently released' or 'pre-order now' sections (selecting for paperback).

• 4 weeks later...