Your Book Activity - November 2016

Kylie

I finished The Long Way To A Small, Angry Planet - loved it, and can't wait to read the sequel (but I'm going to wait until the price comes down a bit).

I'm happy to hear you really liked it :)

I'm still doing absolutely zero reading!! Someone slap me please, it's ridiculous!

*hugs Noll*

I hope you get back into reading soon :(.

I'm on 49% of Life's a Beach by George Mahood. In the past 2 weeks, I've only read 1.5 books (finished one, halfway through another, both around 300 pages and both Kindle e-books), but I've been busy with other things (like my birthday) so it's not that I didn't feel in the mood for reading. I am enjoying this book just like the previous one (Every Day is a Holiday). It's definitely not the book's fault, as whenever I do pick it up, I'm really enjoying it and don't want to stop reading. I only read a bit in it last night just before bed (I was at 39%). But then it was bedtime and I got at a good point to stop reading (finished off September, next part of the book is October).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, you're safe to read Whippoorwill! I hope you can find a copy. :)

Yay! I checked the library and there are no copies, though :( But it's safely on the wishlist.  (I just googled the title because I'd forgotten the name of the author, and got a bunch of hits for whippoorwill, the bird species. I had no idea it was a bird! :D )

I haven't had time to watch it yet.  :)  Maybe this week!

Ok! :)  No pressure :D 

I just finished my first book of the month. I wonder what to read next. 

Yay! I checked the library and there are no copies, though :( But it's safely on the wishlist. (I just googled the title because I'd forgotten the name of the author, and got a bunch of hits for whippoorwill, the bird species. I had no idea it was a bird! :D )

Ah, I thought you might miss this so posted on your thread, never mind!

Strange, I googled the name and got that definition too. Monninger has his own definition though! :D

Ah, I thought you might miss this so posted on your thread, never mind!

I just commented in my thread how I'd seen your post in this thread :D I keep chasing you and your posts here and there :lol:

Strange, I googled the name and got that definition too. Monninger has his own definition though! :D

Yeah, it's for Whip-poor-will, right? It took me a moment to realize it, to make out the words. I thought that was genious, and I didn't even know there was a bird :D

I just commented in my thread how I'd seen your post in this thread :D I keep chasing you and your posts here and there :lol:

Yeah, it's for Whip-poor-will, right? It took me a moment to realize it, to make out the words. I thought that was genious, and I didn't even know there was a bird :D

It certainly wasn't the definition I was expecting, and it didn't make total sense to me word wise if that makes sense, but maybe it's an 'American thing'! :D

It certainly wasn't the definition I was expecting, and it didn't make total sense to me word wise if that makes sense, but maybe it's an 'American thing'! :D

Yes, we have them here... I believe their name is because of the sound they make.

I didn't finish The Paper Magician, it ended up being terrible. I abandoned it and started Leave Me by Gayle Foreman.

Last night I started Holding by Graham Norton - please let this be the start of me getting my mojo back!

I'm putting the other stuff I was reading on hold til I get back into reading, even though I'm pretty close to finishing two books.

Last night I started Holding by Graham Norton - please let this be the start of me getting my mojo back!

I'm putting the other stuff I was reading on hold til I get back into reading, even though I'm pretty close to finishing two books.

Oooh!  I've bought myself a copy of that for Christmas.  I can't wait to read it.  It's had a lot of good reviews, so I hope you enjoy it!

Oooh!  I've bought myself a copy of that for Christmas.  I can't wait to read it.  It's had a lot of good reviews, so I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you! I've heard... lukewarm reviews, which sounded a lot like Norton fans supporting him regardless, but we'll see! So far the writing is a little clunky alright. But funny!

Hello, everyone, I'm new to the forum and I am currently reading "Dragonfly in Ambar" (Second Book of Outlander Series) and loving it. It's a little difficult to read because I have watched the series and it's a bit different so I keep comparing and expecting to read more details of things I saw on TV but then these details are very different. Can't wait to finish it so I can get "fresh" material.

I am still reading TWoT book 6, which is really peeing me off now. Not the book, just the fact that I haven't finished it yet. :D I've also still reading Emma as an aside, on my Kindle. I'm 80% through both of them, and just really need to get a move on and try and pick up some easier/quicker reads next, to get my reading mojo back.  

Have just finished Volume V of Prousts In Search of Lost Time. Will the start the final volume tomorrowand aim to finish the entire series by the end of the month. I feel so tired of reading his work now, yet I am so close to the end. Not to mention the beautiful gems that I continue to stumble upon while reading his writing.

But it is beginning to feel like a chore. Just.. one.. more.. book.

Have just finished Volume V of Prousts In Search of Lost Time. Will the start the final volume tomorrowand aim to finish the entire series by the end of the month. I feel so tired of reading his work now, yet I am so close to the end. Not to mention the beautiful gems that I continue to stumble upon while reading his writing.

But it is beginning to feel like a chore. Just.. one.. more.. book.

:empathy:  I hope this last novel is easier on your soul  :empathy:

I've started reading the second novel in the Department Q series by Jussi Adler-Olsen. Googling... The English title is called The Absent One

I'm halfway through Holding, after four days of reading. That's still terrible progress. Come on, mojo!

Halfway is good progress!  (At least from my point of view.)  How are you liking it?

Talking of halfway, that's just about where I am currently with Middlesex.  I am LOVING this book.  The characters are so well drawn, and the story is so intricate.  Don't quote me on this, but I think it could be a 5-star read for me, and there haven't been many of those this year!

Halfway is good progress!  (At least from my point of view.)  How are you liking it?

Talking of halfway, that's just about where I am currently with Middlesex.  I am LOVING this book.  The characters are so well drawn, and the story is so intricate.  Don't quote me on this, but I think it could be a 5-star read for me, and there haven't been many of those this year!

Normally I'd read a full book in three days. Just slow lately.

I'm really liking it! It's not flawless, but it's definitely not as bad as I expected based on some reviews.

Nice to read your thought on Middlesex, that's one of those books that's been on my TBR shelf for years now!