Autumn's Book Log 2017

Autumn

Hello and welcome to my Book Log.

I will be keeping track of the books I read from January 2017 right through to the end of 2017.

Along with the title and author I will also be recording if they are part of a series along with the amount of pages.  Nothing fancy, just the basics.  I am also planning on writing mini reviews (consisting of a few lines only) of all the books I read, however will probably do this a couple of times a month rather than immediately after finishing a book - we'll see how it goes.  I will also be keeping a monthly & running tally of books read and overall pages read.  This is for a personal challenge I've set myself to see how long it will take me to read 1,000 books and 1,000,000 pages.  Have a feeling it might take me a while, particularly that last one!

All books read will either be in paperback or hardcover format.  E-books will not be counted as it is impossible for me to accurately record the page count for these.

Edited by Autumn

Books Read 2017

January 2017
1. Wartime Sweethearts (Sweet Sisters, #1) - Lizzie Lane (385 pages)

2. War Baby (Sweet Sisters, #2) - Lizzie Lane (388 pages)

3. Home Sweet Home (Sweet Sisters, #3) - Lizzie Lane (365 pages)

4. The Greatest Love Story of All Time - Lucy Robinson (491 pages)

5. Goodnight Mister Tom - Michelle Magorian (296 pages)

5 books / 1,925 pages

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

Edited by Autumn

Yay for a new reading log! I always love reading these, they're my favourite part of the forum.

This is for a personal challenge I've set myself to see how long it will take me to read 1,000 books and 1,000,000 pages.  Have a feeling it might take me a while, particularly that last one!

This sounds like such a nice idea!

E-books will not be counted as it is impossible for me to accurately record the page count for these.

That's one thing that annoys me about e-books, often they don't display a page count on my Kindle and I have to go hunt for it on Amazon or using my Book Collector program (where I've filled it in at the moment I bought and catalogued the e-book). If Amazon doesn't have page information, tough luck. It's annoying.

I'll be following your reading log! I wish you happy reading in the rest of 2016 and in 2017 :readingtwo::)!

That's one thing that annoys me about e-books, often they don't display a page count on my Kindle and I have to go hunt for it on Amazon or using my Book Collector program (where I've filled it in at the moment I bought and catalogued the e-book). If Amazon doesn't have page information, tough luck. It's annoying.

It really annoys me too and as I think I said in another thread I'm a bit OCD about page counts so eBooks are a bit of a nightmare!

I'll be following your reading log! I wish you happy reading in the rest of 2016 and in 2017 :readingtwo::)!

Thank you!

Enjoy your new book log! I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Thanks Nollaig.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just started reading this Autumn and I KNOW I'm going to love it :)

It's a great book.  I enjoyed it just as much this time around as I did when I originally read it.  The television adaptation starring John Thaw is also worth a watch as it is a very good portrayal.

the Kindle does have a page count but it is a "kindle" count and does not correspond to a hard copy book.

Yeah, I'm a bit OCD about page counting - see the last paragraph of this post - so the 'Kindle' count causes me great stress and anxiety.  It is completely useless to me.

I REALLY need to update this thread - I'm not very good at it am I?  Although to be fair I haven't been online much recently.

It's a great book.  I enjoyed it just as much this time around as I did when I originally read it.  The television adaptation starring John Thaw is also worth a watch as it is a very good portrayal.

I haven't seen the film, but just discovered it's on YouTube! Very happy! :D 

Thanks Athena.

Work's been crazy lately - although saying that it usually is, there is always sick people to have to deal with - but on the plus side I'm keeping up a steady pace with my reading which after the rubbish year I had last year is definitely a good thing.  I'm just hoping I can keep it up, the only downside is that I am having to avoid the internet in the evenings because otherwise I get sidetracked way too easily.  I need to try and find the right balance so that I can do both without neglecting one or the other.

Hey Autumn, I hope you have an awesome year! I totally get that, I always tell myself "tonight I'll read loads" but then I find myself browsing the internet for hours, often later than I initially planned to go to sleep, it's really frustrating. Sometimes it's just easier to sit and browse after a stressful day, than to pick up a book :/

I hope we can both break this annoying habit this year! :D