Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frankie

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't really need to find ways to have a cleaner house (my husband is OCD about cleaning things), but probably every other part of my life could use some sprucing up :) 

I read a book that was amazing and also about a Japanese philosophy. It's more about developing habits and creating change in your life. I guess it could also apply to having a cleaner house, but it's also for trying to exercise regularly or being better at business or anything else really. 

It's called "One Small Step Can Change Your Life: the kaizen way," by Robert Maurer, PhD. 

I haven't published a review on it yet, but I would highly recommend it <3. An interesting read for sure… 

The Japanese definitely have a lot to emulate 

xo

Edited by Michelle
link removed as per rules

LOL. No, I didn't. In fact, I've started following her method for folding my underwear (but not for other clothes).

I think I tried the same thing recently, but it just didn't work for me. The folding it that particular way annoyed me, and it was like they didn't stay that way. I do dislike the way I fold them now, because I keep needing to go through them all to find what I want. Also, the drawer is in a small nook of the room, and I just hate the whole business :D 

I've kind of forgotten about Konmari recently. Bujoing's gotten in the way :blush: