Help finding a old library book please

Hi

I am getting in touch because I am trying find and buy a book that I used to get out of my local library, the thing is that was back in the early nineties, maybe late eighties.

The book was about the fire brigade/service/firemen, and the book was hardback and the drawings/illustrations weren't in colour, but weren't black and white, they where pencil, messy lines drawings, and the one picture that stood out was the picture of the firemen with there breathing apparatus on the front.

The book was old when I started coming across it, its just that I would like the buy it and hopefully track it down, cause I can envision the book (if you know what I mean) and its bugging me, I know its not a ladybird book, as I recently brought the ladybird book on "people at work - the fireman".

Hopefully someone can help me

Hopefully its not to much of a task, and thank you in advance.

Regards

Sean.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am still trying to find this Fire Brigade/Fire service book which I use to get out of the library.

It was about the fire service and it was a oblong book, and hardback.

The illustrations were pencil/messy drawings, and a couple of pages I remember was a "aerial" view of the yard and had the fire engines in it, the engines were old types with the ladder wheel type.

The firemen wore there apparatus on the front.

I have attached some pictures.

I know it wasn't a ladybird, I just don't know what it was called, I read it around the 80's/90's and it was old then so it might be from around the 30's/40's/50's.

Thank you and I look and forward in hearing from anyone and hopefully someone out there can help.

Regards

Sean.

post-14132-0-50415100-1476615424_thumb.png