What's Up in October 2016?

Athena

I am going to The Works later on today to get some crafty material for Christmas cards.

I love looking round my local store although it's not particularly big.  I love all the crafty goodies and of course the 3 books for £5 is a big bonus, but the one thing I hate at this time of year is they fill up the majority of the shop with Christmas related toys, calendars, diaries etc. and remove all the good stuff.  It's so frustrating!

I had a very productive afternoon today; I sat down and wrote all my Christmas cards.   :biggrin:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you :) I did go they have some really nice things in there. I got myself a little stamp set which was £2. I hadn't noticed that there was only two stamps in when there should have been four. I took it back and there were two young girls at the pay counter and I told them, with one of them getting me another one. It was all fine and there was no problems at all, except for they didn't ask to look at my receipt. Now I know I only wanted it swooping but if I hadn't wanted my money back I hope they would have asked for prove of purchase.

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend too, we had my brother and sister over and their other halves. Homemade pizza, which is sooo much nicer to shop bought, and I love pizza. My sister and brother's girlfriend and I are going out for a few drinks later on so I'll be looking forward to that as I don't do it often. Then tomorrow the grandparents are coming over and we are going out for a late lunch.

But at the moment I've got to clean my car out....

I'm glad you were able to get the missing stamps, but it does seem odd they wouldn't ask for the receipt!

I love homemade pizza. I hope you have a great weekend :).

Finally went to the theater this week. I haven't seen a play in ages so I took the opportunity and went to see a play by Chekhov.  It was p. cool though some people started yawning and buttoning their mobile phones next to me...

I'm glad you enjoyed the play.

I love looking round my local store although it's not particularly big.  I love all the crafty goodies and of course the 3 books for £5 is a big bonus, but the one thing I hate at this time of year is they fill up the majority of the shop with Christmas related toys, calendars, diaries etc. and remove all the good stuff.  It's so frustrating!

I had a very productive afternoon today; I sat down and wrote all my Christmas cards.   :biggrin:

I love the 3 books for £5 deal. I'm not in the UK much anymore, but I've used that deal in the past.

I've been feeling very tired, because I went out and somehow that tired me more than I was expecting.

Today our clocks have gone back an hour.

Today our clocks have gone back an hour.

I love the fact that the weekend is an hour longer, but I'm not so keen on the fact that I've been up since 5.00 am.  Still, I have wrapped the Christmas presents I've already bought so that along with me having written my Christmas cards yesterday means I am super organised this year.  Only a few more presents to buy (and wrap) and then I'm done!

Wow you're organised Autumn!  I've only bought one pressie so far.

Yes the extra hour was lovely, I didn't know you put the clocks back in Holland too.

Very foggy here this morning but cleared now.

Edited by Madeleine

I love the fact that the weekend is an hour longer, but I'm not so keen on the fact that I've been up since 5.00 am.  Still, I have wrapped the Christmas presents I've already bought so that along with me having written my Christmas cards yesterday means I am super organised this year.  Only a few more presents to buy (and wrap) and then I'm done!

I woke up very early yesterday too! I think it was 5:10 new time. Well done on doing the Christmas stuff already! That's very early.

Tomorrow is Halloween and it's supposed to rain :(

Awww :(. I hope it won't be so bad. The area nearby had a Halloween celebration on Saturday evening, they had a parade with kids dressed up in Halloween costumes.

It's freezing in our office today, the heating must have broken down (again!).  I've borrowed a thick cardigan belonging to a colleague who's on leave today, and have it round my shoulders which has helped a bit! 

Isn't that the way it always works? Its cold and the heater at work is broken. Warm up soon!

Went to my lab class today unaware (forgot to read the syllabus) that we were doing dissections. On today's menu was crawfish and starfish. Next Monday will be the frog.

I'm at the library about to work on my paper that's due tomorrow. Then I'll grab a bit of lunch and come back to the library, maybe.

This weekend was action packed. Started by doing the laundry and putting away cloths. I had already cleaned the house. I decided to actually make out a shopping list this month so armed with the list and a card, I set out Saturday morning to shop. I went to the farmers market, got some good produce, then went to the regular grocery store, Walmart, a department store (for slippers) and Trader Joes. I then went home and unpacked everything. After hubby got dressed, we went to another grocery store to get our meats, went to a sports bar for wings and watched a college football game, went home, put the clean sheets on the bed, unloaded and separated and re-bagged the meats, tidied up then went to catch a movie. 

Sunday I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted the bedroom dressed and hubby and I went to the flea market (outdoor boot sale). We then went to one more store to pick up the remaining things on my list. After putting up the groceries, I got comfortable, washed my hair, got my things ready for class and then sequestered myself in the bedroom to study. After all the activity, I think I started napping within 15 minutes of cracking open my book, lol!! 

The weekend was filled with activity but I feel really accomplished. I don't have to set foot in a store the rest of this month!!! We got a date night in and the house cleaned. I'm a happy camper!

Just popping on quckly for a quick update on me :P We are moving house on Wednesday and ive been so busy packing for the last two weeks that I'm totally exhausted. I think its worse that we are only moving across the garden than a normal move as we are having to back not only our stuff but MIL and FIL house up too (that we are moving into!) I'm so tired I've been falling asleep at 8pm most nights so I've hardly been reading at all :( Weve brought a load of furniture for the house now and I'm so pleased that I'm finally going to have some book shelves :)

Good luck with the move Laura!

Ooh yuk dissection, I remember doing that in school biology, don't think we did frogs and crawfish though.  We did various organs, a fish and then the teacher did a rat which we all watched (with horrified fascination I suppose you'd call it :o ), wouldn't want to do it again.

Just back after a weekend at my parents. Hate being there, so am grateful to be home - though sad I only have about 6 hours to myself before I have to sleep coz work tomorrow! It has been incredibly mild here, up to 15 degrees Celsius, which, for the last day of October, is frankly taking the mickey. 

I am currently located in my bed with sweeties and a scary movie, and I have zero intention of moving til pretty much tomorrow. Specially since one of my housemates had her friend over this evening - last thing I want right now is to be around people.

Hope everyone is enjoying their halloween.

I hope the move goes ok Laura. I wouldn't want to go through that again myself in a hurry.

As for the weather - it was a beautiful day here today, more like May than the end of October, with temperatures of around 17 or 18 degrees. I spent most of the day walking around the site in just my T shirt, which is crazy for the time of year, not that I am complaining.

My colleague who has been causing all the trouble wasn't in again today. At least this time though he bothered to call and let them know. He is off again tomorrow due to another medical appointment, I am not sure what, as he doesn't really talk to me. I much prefer it that way. It does mean more work for me when he isn't there, but it is so much more pleasant that most of the time I don't mind anymore.

I had a good weekend though, although it was a quiet one. Coran and I went to see the film I, Kevin Blake on Friday, which I strongly recommend to anyone who is interested. I booked another holiday as well, this time to Malta at the end of February. It has been on my wish list for a while, and a few others at work have been there recently and told me how they enjoyed it. I didn't realise until after I had booked it that it will actually be carnival week, so I have definitely chosen the right time to go.

Edited by Talisman