I'm looking for a Sci-Fi book

I loved the 'Gaia Trilogy' by John Varley. These books are

'Titan', 'Wizard' and 'Demon'. Set on another world, except

it is not really a 'world' but.... give them a try and see what

you think!

I didn't know anything about these books but I picked up the first two books in the charity shop (in Dutch) because of the name 'Gaia Trilogy' (or 'De Gaiaanse Trilogie' as it says on my Dutch copies), since Gaia is my first name. I'm glad to hear you liked them.

As for science-fiction, here are some of my favourites you might like:

Science-fiction

Peter F. Hamilton (I love The Night's Dawn series the most, but his books are complicated and epic and therefore not for everyone)

Tad Williams - Otherland series (this is a combination of science-fiction and fantasy, but it involves lots of other worlds in VR)

Douglas Adams - The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (this is quite funny, if you like the kind of humour)

Dan Simmons - Hyperion 1-2: The Hyperion Omnibus (I haven't read books 3 and 4 yet).

Andy Weir - The Martian (about a guy trying to survive on Mars on his own. This one's a bit sciency.)

Iain M. Banks (his books can be complicated if you're an SF-beginner)

Joe Haldeman

Orson Scott Card - Ender 1: Ender's Game (I know you already know this one, but I'd recommend it too).