Black Mirror

Angury

On 27/06/2017 at 9:25 PM, Michelle said:

It is the soldier one.. it was ok, probably worth getting through for the last one. 

I actually liked the soldier one more than I was expecting - I knew full well what was happening, but it was also fun to see Doug Stamper from House of Cards doing a different role!

I really enjoyed the last one, but felt the sad part was a bit glazed over. One thing the show rarely does is relent on depressing/difficult/uncomfortable things, it makes you sit through them, but I felt the last one glazed over the impact of the big sad event. Still, very enjoyable episode!

• 5 months later...

I have yet to watch the new season as my partner isn't really into anything too depressing (even if it is brilliant). I must get back into cross-stitching, as that's when I get my solo watching done! I'm disappointed to hear this season hasn't been as well received.

It depends on who you ask, Noll. I've seen comments saying it's the best season yet. I think the episodes are all very subjective. One commenter might say 'x' episode is the best, and the very next commenter says the opposite.

Personally, I thought it was another brilliant season and well worth the wait! Already can't wait for the next season. :) 

26 minutes ago, Kylie said:

It depends on who you ask, Noll. I've seen comments saying it's the best season yet. I think the episodes are all very subjective. One commenter might say 'x' episode is the best, and the very next commenter says the opposite.

Personally, I thought it was another brilliant season and well worth the wait! Already can't wait for the next season. :) 

Sounds like they would not ever be able to make them fast enough for you Kylie! 

I agree that USS Callister was fantastic but the rest didn't really live up to the previous seasons. 

The ideas behind the episodes were thought-provoking as always, but I felt like the topics weren't explored as cleverly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I quite enjoyed the new season. I agree it probably wasn't as good as past series, but I did enjoy it. I really liked the helicopter parent episode. Watching that season also finally caught my partner's interest, and now we're rewatching all of it together. I'm so glad he's enjoying it!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...