What's Up in September 2016?

Athena

How is it September already?!

Continuing on from the previous topic:

Sorted, paid! Whew. :D

I'm so glad it was sorted :D. I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much :(.

My boyfriend and I have been working on cleaning our attic in the bakery (for anyone who might remember, I cleaned the attic in the main house with my dad earlier this year in January - March, I think, mostly in February). There isn't nearly as much of my stuff in the bakery attic as there is in the attic of the main house, but there are some things up there and all of my boyfriend's boxes are up there. It's tiring, so I can't work on the sorting / cleaning for too long.

What's going on with you in September?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The start of September will be busy for me as I am trying to juggle 2 jobs at the moment. We have visitors staying with us this weekend so my little apartment will be packed :D  I've also got some loose plans in my head about starting a website but I'm really not too sure where to start with it all so I need to do some research.

I'm very much looking forward to my acupuncture session tonight - my wife will be driving me there and bringing me home as she has a somatics class at the same place. And we've just had our garden furniture delivered - patio table, parasol and some chairs. The table needs putting together - which of us getting that job will depend on whether I can summon up the energy a bit later. :) Meditation first though, I think.

Yaayyyyy, SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

I am SOOO happy to see the end of August! Interesting really, as I was born in August, our daughter, a granddaughter sever friends and family. Yet, its my least favorite month. Too hot and too long. One long month of just too much!

Did some shopping this morning. I had to return a wireless keyboard as it wasn't compatible with a tablet (after asking a sales clerk if it WAS). I ended up having to order one off of amazon and it will arrive tomorrow. I wanted one for class. My biology class is entirely on powerpoint. I can do my notes from my tablet with the keyboard which means I'll take better notes.

After making the return I picked up some weekend goodies for me and the hubby. We were supposed to go out of town for a weekend college football game but most of the Southeastern coast is under hurricane watch. As he took this weekend off for vacation (starting tonight) we'll just make this a romantic extended weekend, steaks, chocolate, grapes, fancy cheeses, wine. I'm also going to learn to play poker! I bought Jenga and we'll play dominoes and a few other games that we've let the dust collect on.

The start of September will be busy for me as I am trying to juggle 2 jobs at the moment. We have visitors staying with us this weekend so my little apartment will be packed :D  I've also got some loose plans in my head about starting a website but I'm really not too sure where to start with it all so I need to do some research.

Wow, it sounds like you're quite busy. Good luck :)!

I'm very much looking forward to my acupuncture session tonight - my wife will be driving me there and bringing me home as she has a somatics class at the same place. And we've just had our garden furniture delivered - patio table, parasol and some chairs. The table needs putting together - which of us getting that job will depend on whether I can summon up the energy a bit later. :) Meditation first though, I think.

I hope you had a nice evening :)

The coming of September means it's nearly time for my firstborn to start school. I can't believe it's come around so soon. :thud: He starts on Monday - very scary!

Good luck to your firstborn!

After making the return I picked up some weekend goodies for me and the hubby. We were supposed to go out of town for a weekend college football game but most of the Southeastern coast is under hurricane watch. As he took this weekend off for vacation (starting tonight) we'll just make this a romantic extended weekend, steaks, chocolate, grapes, fancy cheeses, wine. I'm also going to learn to play poker! I bought Jenga and we'll play dominoes and a few other games that we've let the dust collect on.

I hope you enjoy your romantic weekend :).

We worked on the attic yesterday, though only for a little while because we were tired afterwards. I also read a lot. I'm excited for the next while, because it'll be the read-a-thon soon, and in a few days I'm going book shopping.

The coming of September means it's nearly time for my firstborn to start school. I can't believe it's come around so soon. :thud: He starts on Monday - very scary! 

Ooooh good luck with that!

Yaayyyyy, SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

I am SOOO happy to see the end of August!

Me too, my favourite part of the year starts now! Enjoy your weekend.

I'm considering taking up an evening class in making a patchwork quilt. It says no experience required, though I've never even used a sewing machine... but I'm always seeing the gorgeous fabrics and quilt squares Chesilbeach posts in her thread and I love the idea of making my own.

Hmmmm I'll see. I'd be very nervous going to a class by myself.

Good luck to your son :) aww I hope he has a great first day!

Virginia, I swear (and I am saying this as someone who has worked in retail before) that sometimes they just say "yes" to make it easier for themselves. Whatever happened to "I am sorry I do not know the answer. Please let me get my manager who will be able to assist you"

Also enjoy your weekend that sounds like really good fun :)

Athena, enjoy your shopping :)

I am going out for a drink after work for a leaving do then off to my gran's where me my mum, sister, aunties and gran will spend a lovely evening with food and drink for a mini hen party for my sister. We are having it as one of my auntie's couldn't go to the original one.

She gets married at the end of this month! Very excited!

Then going to a BBQ tomorrow, fingers crossed the rain stays off.

Good luck to everyone going back to school and you too, Noll, if you decide to take that class.  I think it sounds fun!  I love using my sewing machine but I've not yet attempted any quilt-making.

Are you guys out of the woods yet with 'Hermine,' Virginia?  I hope she calms down as she makes her way up the coast.

I've been busy, which is good because it keeps me from stressing and freaking out too much.  My 2 week vacation at the cabin last month was wonderful and much needed.  I haven't found a new job yet and I'm being laid off from my current job on 11th November so I'm starting to get scared :(.  I've decided though that if I do finish and still haven't found a job I'll move up to our cabin and job-hunt remotely.  I'll have my 17 week severance to live off of.  The lease on our town home is up on Nov 1st and the rent is horrendous.  I'm tired of renting anyway so hopefully I can finally get a house in the country, providing I find employment, that is.

Tomorrow I'm going to a massive flea market and Monday I'm on vacation because of the Labor Day holiday.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend :D

Virginia, I swear (and I am saying this as someone who has worked in retail before) that sometimes they just say "yes" to make it easier for themselves. Whatever happened to "I am sorry I do not know the answer. Please let me get my manager who will be able to assist you"

Also enjoy your weekend that sounds like really good fun :)

You are SO right! I've worked retail myself and it never bothered me to tell someone that I didn't have the answer but I would certainly go find someone who did. Its easier and less frustrating all around. And I did tell her it was okay to say if she didn't know. :blush2:

Good luck to everyone going back to school and you too, Noll, if you decide to take that class.  I think it sounds fun!  I love using my sewing machine but I've not yet attempted any quilt-making.

Are you guys out of the woods yet with 'Hermine,' Virginia?  I hope she calms down as she makes her way up the coast.

I've been busy, which is good because it keeps me from stressing and freaking out too much.  My 2 week vacation at the cabin last month was wonderful and much needed.  I haven't found a new job yet and I'm being laid off from my current job on 11th November so I'm starting to get scared :(.  I've decided though that if I do finish and still haven't found a job I'll move up to our cabin and job-hunt remotely.  I'll have my 17 week severance to live off of.  The lease on our town home is up on Nov 1st and the rent is horrendous.  I'm tired of renting anyway so hopefully I can finally get a house in the country, providing I find employment, that is.

Tomorrow I'm going to a massive flea market and Monday I'm on vacation because of the Labor Day holiday.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend :D

Peace, I'm sorry you haven't been able to find work. I know how scary that can be. I'd LOVE to live in the country and your cabin sounds lovely!  We're in the midst of it now but its only wind and rain. There is some interesting booming sound that can't be identified. At first I thought it was the recycle truck but that's not it. Guess we'll find out if its something to be worried about later.

We have our "biggest flea market in the us" tomorrow also. Where are you located? Are you going? Wouldn't it be something if we passed each other at the tables, lol?!!

The keyboard has arrived and already paired. Its pretty and functional. 

I'm so glad that I did everything that needed to be done yesterday.This weather is not o be trifled with. I have my doors open to watch it play out and am so thankful neither me or the hubby have to go out in it. I hope I can persuade Kizzy to go do her business between rain drops. She does have a way about shutting down her bodily functions for LONG stretches of time. Amazing really.

On the agenda for today, watching Netflix, eating, drinking wine and tea, reading up on Descarte, going over my biology notes and pleasure reading. This is pretty much what my weekend will consist of!

I'm considering taking up an evening class in making a patchwork quilt. It says no experience required, though I've never even used a sewing machine... but I'm always seeing the gorgeous fabrics and quilt squares Chesilbeach posts in her thread and I love the idea of making my own.

Hmmmm I'll see. I'd be very nervous going to a class by myself.

If you do join a class I hope it'll be fun, useful and successful :)

Athena, enjoy your shopping :)

I am going out for a drink after work for a leaving do then off to my gran's where me my mum, sister, aunties and gran will spend a lovely evening with food and drink for a mini hen party for my sister. We are having it as one of my auntie's couldn't go to the original one.

She gets married at the end of this month! Very excited!

Then going to a BBQ tomorrow, fingers crossed the rain stays off.

Thanks, Lau Lou :).

I hope you had a great evening and that you won't have any rain during the BBQ today :)

I love September - a lot of our fam work starts to calm down this month so it gets more relaxing for us :) Also it means that my little one turns two next month - not sure where that has gone it seems five minutes since he was born!

How exciting, I hope he has a great birthday :)

I hope you can find a new job and work out your living arrangements :(. Good luck! A house in the country sounds nice.

I hope you have fun on your time off, and that the flea market was nice :).

On the agenda for today, watching Netflix, eating, drinking wine and tea, reading up on Descarte, going over my biology notes and pleasure reading. This is pretty much what my weekend will consist of!

I hope you have a great weekend :).

I've been enjoying September. The weather has miraculously cooled down and I can just FEEEELLLLLLL Fall in the air. I'm determined to believe its right around the corner!

Nothing much going on here. Hubby and I went to the farmers market and a swapmeet yesterday, came home and did a bit of yard work, mainly picking up branches from the storm. Nothing major, just had to pick up the little stuff. Today I did a biology quiz and have been fiddling around on my electronic gadgets. 

That's my plan for the rest of the day. Hope you guys have a good one!

My weekend wound up being extremely uneventful. Sidenote: People who not only suggest something but go so far as to talk you into it, before bailing on it, really annoy me.

My 'life skills' programme for managing my anxiety is going okay, I guess. A lot of it isn't that new to me, and I'm not yet at the stage where I'm putting anything into action (I am only a week in, I suppose), but at least I am enjoying it and engaging with the tools included in it. For the moment I seem mostly to be documenting my thoughts/feelings/behaviours in a variety of situations and hopefully once I begin to understand them I'll be able to tackle them.

The weather here is staying very warm and very humid, which isn't doing my mood any favours. :giggle:

Nothing much going on here. Hubby and I went to the farmers market and a swapmeet yesterday, came home and did a bit of yard work, mainly picking up branches from the storm. Nothing major, just had to pick up the little stuff. Today I did a biology quiz and have been fiddling around on my electronic gadgets. 

That's my plan for the rest of the day. Hope you guys have a good one!

I hope you had a nice day :)

My weekend wound up being extremely uneventful. Sidenote: People who not only suggest something but go so far as to talk you into it, before bailing on it, really annoy me.

My 'life skills' programme for managing my anxiety is going okay, I guess. A lot of it isn't that new to me, and I'm not yet at the stage where I'm putting anything into action (I am only a week in, I suppose), but at least I am enjoying it and engaging with the tools included in it. For the moment I seem mostly to be documenting my thoughts/feelings/behaviours in a variety of situations and hopefully once I begin to understand them I'll be able to tackle them.

The weather here is staying very warm and very humid, which isn't doing my mood any favours. :giggle:

:o That's so annoying when people do that! I'm sorry for you :(. I would be really upset.

I'm glad the 'life skills' programme is going allright so far. Good luck :).

We did a lot on cleaning up in the attic yesterday, it's looking pretty good :).

I dread September coming around each year. 

It is the month over the years when most of our loved ones passed. 

We don't dwell on the sadness but celebrate their lives, but still tinged with sorrow.

I auditioned for a part in a pro Xmas show last week, and I am now playing one of the leads - I'll be Candy, the Christmas Fairy in The Magic Toybox which will be touring various venues in Northumberland. I am absolutely chuffed to ribbons and can't wait to get started - the first rehearsal is tomorrow night. :)

I dread September coming around each year. 

It is the month over the years when most of our loved ones passed. 

We don't dwell on the sadness but celebrate their lives, but still tinged with sorrow.

I can imagine it's a rough time for you :(. I'm so sorry :empathy:

I auditioned for a part in a pro Xmas show last week, and I am now playing one of the leads - I'll be Candy, the Christmas Fairy in The Magic Toybox which will be touring various venues in Northumberland. I am absolutely chuffed to ribbons and can't wait to get started - the first rehearsal is tomorrow night. :)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :). I wish you lots of fun :).

Well done Kell, that sounds fun :)

I don't have much news, just popping in to say hi. I'm really tired, think it's the humidity/warmth. My first review from my supporter in my online programme is today, so it'll be interesting to see if she has anything useful to contribute (she's just a volunteer) or if it'll be general encouragement.

I don't feel like doing much today, but I'm gonna make myself go to town. Also currently avoiding Facebook quite a lot as I'm way too addicted to it. I have notifications for messenger on my phone, so if anyone actually messages me directly, I'll know.

I am absolutely shattered. After 6 weeks the stress of being a man down at work is now beginning to show. It looks set to continue for a while yet as my colleague has been signed off this time until October 2nd. The problem is that I have a week off starting October 2nd and when I return, my Manager has 2 weeks off, meaning that he will be on his own for one week, and I have to cover the entire site on my own for the 2 weeks after I get back. It won't feel as if I have even had a holiday after that.

The two of us are doing what we can, but the cracks are beginning to show and will only get wider the longer this continues. In the midst of all of this I have requested a long overdue pay rise. My colleague who is off sick has a slightly higher and better paid position than myself due to the fact that he has some extra responsibilities. I have though been doing a lot of those things as well for some considerable time, and now that my Manager is training me on how to do the ordering (my colleagues main extra responsibility - I placed my first order today), I feel that I should be being paid the same as him. Bear in mind that he is sullen and uncooperative, and doesn't do his job that well anyway - I have in fact been picking up the slack for him and papering over the cracks more or less since I started there. After 2 1/2 years I am tired of this situation and am determined to do something about it.