What's Up in September 2016?

Athena

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Athena. I know a lot of women find it hard to talk about this stuff, and I admit it is difficult for me at work being the only female in a team of 9 men, but most of them are similar age to me and have wives and girlfriends who have or very soon will be experiencing this stuff too. You can't really be shy about this sort of thing, as it is natural and happens to almost every woman on the planet, assuming she lives that long ! Talking to other women at work and just in general, I am astonished as to how common this problem with sleep seems to be, and wonder why women don't talk about this more. It started for me about 4 years ago, but because I was told that menopause is about hot flushes and eratic periods I didn't even consider that it may be due to this. If I had known then I could have saved myself years of misery and sleeplessness. I am not then going to be ashamed and embarrassed about talking about this, as it is really important that other younger women do know about this - education is power !

I suspect that this is one of those things that if this happened to men, there would be all sorts of information out there about it and lots of different ways to try to combat it. As it's a women only problem, we tend to just suffer in silence. :rolleyes:

Glad the stuff you're taking is helping :)