Hello Everyone

Queens Knickers

Hoping this fares better than my last real life book club. Responded to an ad for a book club meeting at a local pub. All very nice, little candles on the tables, bit middle class, served cheeses for desserts, bread dipped in oils etc. Then I leaned in too close to the candle and set my cardigan on fire. They never got in touch to tell me when the next meeting was...

Hello all, I'm Emma and I don't like fire. I love books though and since I had major surgery last month I've been housebound and declared disabled so I've lots of free time to explore more books. Favourite genres are classic drama, authors like Nabokov, Hardy, Flaubert, and modern crime like Kirino and Billingham. I eat Shakespeare, Blake and Marlow for breakfast, not dipped in oils.

Hope to talk to everyone soon :)

Picky lot! Little hint for next time, wear wool, it's far less flammable :giggle2: 

Big welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery.

Very much enjoyed Far From the Madding Crowd recently on audiobooks.

Edited by poppy

Hello Emma and welcome. Glad to see another fan of classical lit. I've been housebond too after my second surgery many years ago and looking back now it wasn't as bad as I made it seem back then. 

Edited by MrCat

• 2 weeks later...