Very pleased to meet you

Kolinahr

Hello, I'm FJ. Very pleased to be here and find a great forum for discussing books. I'm an avid lifelong reader, though currently experiencing a bit of difficulty accessing a wide range of titles, since I moved to the UAE where all English language books are very expensive imports with a bit of a limited selection. For this reason I've started reading more ebooks, and while it's not as enjoyable as having a physical copy, it's what gets me through the night. :)

I enjoy a wide range of genres, with a focus on sci-fi/fantasy, poetry, psychological/character pieces, plays, non-fiction and graphic novels.

A big welcome FJ   :smile:

I'm sure you'll find plenty of book recommendations here you'll enjoy.

I mostly read on a Kindle now, too.  There's definitely something missing aesthetically compared to the real thing, but they have advantages with weight and being backlit for night reading.

A big welcome FJ   :smile:

I'm sure you'll find plenty of book recommendations here you'll enjoy.

I mostly read on a Kindle now, too.  There's definitely something missing aesthetically compared to the real thing, but they have advantages with weight and being backlit for night reading.

And weight! In the past, my book collections have numbered in the many hundreds, which means that every time I've moved long distance I've had to make hard choices about what to bring along and what to send to the used book shops. The parting is always an agony!

And weight! In the past, my book collections have numbered in the many hundreds, which means that every time I've moved long distance I've had to make hard choices about what to bring along and what to send to the used book shops. The parting is always an agony!

:o  "part with books"? What on earth can that possibly mean... ;):giggle2:

• 2 weeks later...