Hello Bookworms!

Danno

Hi everyone.

I'm Danny, I'm 27 years old. I am recently unemployed and have taken up reading to occupy my mind.

I have flirted with reading in the past but never really had the time but over the past week or so, after reading Paula Hawkins debut novel 'The girl on the train' I just can't wait to sample more crime fiction! What a read that was.

I also try to write, it's a dream of mine to be able to finish my own book someday.

Hopefully I get the chance to speak to most of you in the coming weeks.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I think I read The Girl on the Train last summer, and really liked it. I read Disclaimer by Renee Knight a bit before that, and I felt the books were similar in a sense - in which sense, I won't say, so as not to spoil anything. I'd heartily recommend Disclaimer :smile2: 

If you are looking for other great thrillers / crime novels, I'd recommend Karin Slaughter's,  Jeffery Deaver's and Linwood Barclays novels. The Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay is also really great, but it's really gruesome and I don't know if you prefer less graphic stuff. Feel free to ask for more recs if you wish! And there's also the particular section for this particular genre on here, I'd suggest you take a look around :) 

I hope you like it here! 

Thanks for the welcome guys and Frankie, thanks for the recommendations. With all the free time I have for a while now I'll definitely get around to them at some point and come back with my verdict.

Thanks for the welcome guys and Frankie, thanks for the recommendations. With all the free time I have for a while now I'll definitely get around to them at some point and come back with my verdict.

I'm delighted by this! :smile2: Also, I've really liked Gillian Flynn's books and would totally like to hear what you think of her books. I searched the forum and we do not have an already existing thread for the author but we do have a thread for Gone Girl over here if you want to check it out. Feel free to post your thoughts of the novel in there! :smile2: 

Also, you could start your own reading log if you wanted to... ;) 

• 4 weeks later...