Pokemon go

Virginia

Noll, you're right about the lack of instructions. This is all new to me, so I'm not really sure of the details. I'm tending to sell off my small common ones to get candy, so I can evolve on of them. Once I've stocked up on candy, and I have enough, is it best to evolve first, for the XP etc, and then transfer for another candy? 

Also - the bit about not having to go into a building made me laugh. When I first got the game, I thought you had to be very close, so was wandering up the street, and down my garden. I soon learnt, however, that I could stay in my living room!  :doh:

Yep, that's basically how I'm doing it. So, say pidgeys and rattatas which are very common where I am. I already have all their evolved forms - Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, and Raticate. I waited til I got the base forms with the highest CP I could find so they would evolve into strong final forms. After that, I have no use for evolved ones, except the XP gained from the actual act of evolving. So, because pidgeys and rattatas have low evolution levels (12 candies and 25 candies), I gather tons of them. Then say I have enough candies to evolve six of each, I trade any extras I have, I stick on a lucky egg, which doubles experience (making each evolution worth 1000 XP) and I evolve all of them at once. I got 17,000 XP doing that the other day. That's my main method of gaining levels, but that's just how I'm going about it, it's not necessarily what you *have* to do. And if you don't have lucky eggs, it's still worth it to evolve them (and then trade them on) whenever possible.

Haha yeah, I can reach the whole of my block from inside my house. They only appear in two locations on my block anyway.

I become a Pokemon master.

(And they're gonna release the other 1937658365384653 pokemon from the last 16 years at some stage, too :lol: )

There are 722 Pokémon currently. 722 - 151 is 571. In case anyone was interested :P. I do feel some of the later ones are too similar to some earlier ones. But there are also some great ones. 

I think I was a bit old for Pokemon when it first became big. If it was 16 years ago, as Noll says, then I was 18 at the time. I think it must have been popular with some people around my age though, because some of my former school friends are really into it.

This year was the 20th anniversary of Pokémon Red and Blue, the original games :).

One of our TV stations wondered what people born before WW2 would make of all these people wandering around, staring at their phones and getting all excited over finding strange creatures. So they rounded up some lovely ladies,  ranging from 80 to 100 years old, gave them a phone each, explained how the game worked and set them to work. They loved it! The 100 year old lady was capturing Pokemon with the best of them and very enthusiastic about the whole thing. An 80 year old said she wouldn't be getting any sleep because she wanted them all! They were a delight and just goes to show, you're only as old as you want to be :D

There are 722 Pokémon currently. 722 - 151 is 571. In case anyone was interested :P. I do feel some of the later ones are too similar to some earlier ones. But there are also some great ones. 

This year was the 20th anniversary of Pokémon Red and Blue, the original games :).

I never played the games, the tv show was what got me into it and that was airing 16 years ago. Might have been airing before that too, haven't a clue, that's just when I got into it! ...Maybe I was only 10 or 11?? in which case, 17/18 years ago I started becoming obsessed. That is possible!!

There's a new pokemon game out later this year, too, so it'll go up over 800.

I never played the games, the tv show was what got me into it and that was airing 16 years ago. Might have been airing before that too, haven't a clue, that's just when I got into it! ...Maybe I was only 10 or 11?? in which case, 17/18 years ago I started becoming obsessed. That is possible!!

There's a new pokemon game out later this year, too, so it'll go up over 800.

That makes sense, it sounds possible!

I'm very excited for the new game! I can hardly wait. I've already pre-ordered it, my boyfriend will be playing Pokémon Sun and I will be playing Pokémon Moon (and then we can trade and such). It comes out on 23 November here.

My friend lent me his 3DS so I could try a few games, one of which was Pokemon Y (the first I've played since Black) and I just couldn't get into it. They don't even try, it's just the same thing over and over with new pokemon and slightly better graphics. Way prefer Pokemon Go!

The games are very similar, that's true. But I like them, they're one of the few games I can play without getting overly tired very quickly. Most games tire me too quickly. I don't play many video games nowadays, it's just too tiring. But I'm excited for the new games, because it'll be something I can play for an hour per day without getting too tired. I fully agree that the games are similar, but I still find them fun and don't mind it when things are a bit similar (though I like the Pokémon designs to be not too similar to previous generations and such). I totally get though that someone might consider the games to similar to one another. Me, I really enjoy playing them.

I'm trying hard not to get sucked into this game as it's very frustrating when it often fails to load or crashes when you've caught something, but it does keep drawing me back in, particularly as there is loads of activity on the high street where I work and a Pokestop I can activate from my desk.  :D

I do need to be stay aware of what it's doing to my data allowance though, as I changed my contract to sim only and it's now capped at 2GB.

I think it's a good thing that it's getting people out walking though as long as people show a modicum of common sense and look where they are going! ;)

I'm up to 64 pokemon caught, 65 seen, and level 20. I'm walking much more than I used to - every day at tea break and lunch time I now walk the length of the campus and back, as well as doing that on my walk home.

This may also be of use to people who want to play but don't want any hardcore pokemon orienteering: https://pokevision.com/#/@51.89275544326038,-8.492345809936523