What's Up in July 2016?

Athena

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was meaning pressure on ourselves - baking cookies and so on, as Athena was saying. Work pressures are quite another matter! But enjoy your weekend, nonetheless :)

Ahhh okay. I meant it jokingly anyway, I should have added another emote after the rolly eyes, sorry! Reading it back it 'sounds' a lot more sarcastic than I intended. :blush2:

I feel the bug bite pain too. My legs were covered for a couple of weeks - mostly gone now but a couple of persistent itchy areas!

Thanks, Athena - it could be worse - it could be painful as well, I guess. Thankful for what I do have. As for your cookies - one thing I am learning is patience, so  - if not today, then there's always tomorrow; or even the day after. :) The only pressure is that we put ourselves under.

I'm glad it's not so painful for you. That's very true, I can make the cookies on another day too, the only pressure is my own. I've been meaning to bake cookies for I think two weeks now and I keep postponing it because I don't feel up for it. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel later today. 

Sorry to hear about the mozzies, I hate the things, I have a few bites on my foot, you can see the route it took across the front of my foot around the thong of my flip-flop :o

That's so annoying :(.

I feel the bug bite pain too. My legs were covered for a couple of weeks - mostly gone now but a couple of persistent itchy areas!

I'm glad the bites are mostly gone, I hope the itching stops soon!

After lots of blood tests she thinks I may have chronic fatigue (yay, lucky me!) so currently I'm at home, resting and waiting for my hospital referral (she wants the consultant to make the diagnosis, which seems reasonable). 

Sorry to hear that.  When I had glandular fever (16 years ago), I had CFS for about 18 months afterwards. Thankfully it passed, but I can fully sympathise with how you're feeling.

Sorry to hear that.  When I had glandular fever (16 years ago), I had CFS for about 18 months afterwards. Thankfully it passed, but I can fully sympathise with how you're feeling.

I'm so happy for you it passed. My boyfriend has had it since he was 6 I think, and he's 30 now and still has it. I doubt it will ever go away for him. Some people recover, others don't.

I truly hope, Flip, that you will recover if you do have CFS.

Thanks both - this week has been a bit more positive, so I'm hoping I'm starting to come out of this wave at least. I did hear that some have it for life and for some they get over it. I guess we'll see. At least the dratted brain fog is receding a bit, so I can start reading again (not before time, I haven't stopped buying things that catch my eye!)  :D 

Thanks both - this week has been a bit more positive, so I'm hoping I'm starting to come out of this wave at least. I did hear that some have it for life and for some they get over it. I guess we'll see. At least the dratted brain fog is receding a bit, so I can start reading again (not before time, I haven't stopped buying things that catch my eye!)  :D

That's good to hear, happy reading :)! (haha :D)

Yesterday we met up with my brother, and Michael and I went shopping. My brother is coming over this weekend, before his world trip, so I'll see him some more in a little while.