Your Book Activity - July 2016

Athena

I finished Secret of the Dragon the other day and decided to read one of two very belated birthday present books I got from my friend the other day - Booky Wook 2 by Russell Brand.

Happy belated birthday :)!

I'm currently reading A. S. King - Please Ignore Vera Dietz. It's nice, though the focus of the book isn't 100% on what the back of the book tells me the book is about. I plan to finish it later today.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Quarter Past Two On A Wednesday Afternoon by Linda Newbery. It was okay. Easy to read and enjoyable in parts, but nothing groundbreaking.

Got a bit of my Essex Serpent mojo back, so hoping to get that finished in the new few days. Looking for something else to read alongside it.

I finished Being A Beast by Charles Foster, which I definitely need to write a review of soon, as it's got under my skin and I need to vent about it.

I've started another Wainwright Prize book - Landmarks by Robert Macfarlane.  I'd been a bit daunted by it, as I felt it might be a bit above me, but actually, it's incredibly readable and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  After this, I've only got one more of the shortlist to read (which I've actually already started), so I should be able to finish those two before the award is announced in early August. :)

Happy belated birthday :) I hope you enjoy your presents.

Lol, thanks Anna & Athena, but when I say 'very belated birthday presents', I mean extremely belated birthday presents - it was in March. :lol: We haven't seen as much of each other this year and when we have, she just kept forgetting to bring it with her. We're fairly relaxed about our present exchanges now - it's more about the kids. :)

Lol, thanks Anna & Athena, but when I say 'very belated birthday presents', I mean extremely belated birthday presents - it was in March. :lol: We haven't seen as much of each other this year and when we have, she just kept forgetting to bring it with her. We're fairly relaxed about our present exchanges now - it's more about the kids. :)

Oh wow :giggle2:. That's nice :).

I finished reading A. S. King - Please Ignore Vera Dietz and am going to pick a new book later today. Before I do that though, I'm going to update my thread with all the books I've read this week.

I'm currently reading Diane Chamberlain - The Dance 1: Pretending to Dance. Before that I read the short story prequel, The Dance 0.5: The Dance Begins. I read The Broken String before that, a prequel to The Silent Sister I didn't know existed until yesterday when I opened up Pretending to Dance and looked at the list of published books by the author.

Yeah moved onto new books with: The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez - Maximum Ride Schools out forever by James Patterson and The Hiss-Tory of magic by Harper Lin this is on my phone so can read it if I get a few minutes.

I've started another Wainwright Prize book - Landmarks by Robert Macfarlane.  I'd been a bit daunted by it, as I felt it might be a bit above me, but actually, it's incredibly readable and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  

I have The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane on my TBR pile. I don't know anything about the book or the author but it must have caught my eye for a reason. :readingtwo:

I'm currently reading Diane Chamberlain - The Dance 1: Pretending to Dance. Before that I read the short story prequel, The Dance 0.5: The Dance Begins. I read The Broken String before that, a prequel to The Silent Sister I didn't know existed until yesterday when I opened up Pretending to Dance and looked at the list of published books by the author.

Oooh, I didn't know there was a prequel to The Silent Sister. I might have to look into that.

I've finished the Cadbury's book, but have given up on Nod by Adrian Barnes. Not my cup of tea at all.

Now I'm reading Forensics by Val McDermind. Gory! :thud:

Edited by bobblybear

I've started a re-read of Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone. I've forgotten how much fun the Harry Potter books are. :boogie:

I wish you lots of fun with it :).

I haven't been reading much the past few days, I'm on page 115 out of 470 of Diane Chamberlain - The Dance 1: Pretending to Dance. So far I'm enjoying the book.

I needed a break from Joe Hill's The Fireman, so I took up the Helen Castor's She- Wolves: The Women Who Ruled England Before Elizabeth. It's really good!

Edited by Anna Begins

I needed a break from Joe Hill's The Fireman, so I took up the Helen Castor's She- Wolves: The Women Who Ruled England Before Elizabeth. It's really good!

I'm glad you're enjoying this :).

I'm around 120 pages into A Red Herring Without Mustard, the third Flavia de Luce novel by Alan Bradley. :)

That's an interesting title!

I've been busy the past few days so I haven't read a lot, and I'm not sure I've been in the mood to read either. I'm going to try to make an effort to read later this afternoon.

Just borrowed 'I Let you go' by Clare Mackintosh from my friend. Been hearing so many good things about this one and from her. I'm going to take it on holiday with me.

Just borrowed 'I Let you go' by Clare Mackintosh from my friend. Been hearing so many good things about this one and from her. I'm going to take it on holiday with me.

It is a very good read, I hope you enjoy it :)

I haven't done much reading the last couple of days, been too tired and busy watching stuff instead. Aiming to finish The Library at Mount Char and The Essex Serpent by Sunday so they count towards July's total.

Aiming to finish The Library at Mount Char and The Essex Serpent by Sunday so they count towards July's total.

Haha, I thought it was just me who did stuff like that :blush2::).

I just finished Pretending to Dance by Diane Chamberlain. Now I'm thinking about what to read next, I'll probably pick a new book in a little while (something short), perhaps one of the books I recently bought.

Haha, I thought it was just me who did stuff like that :blush2::).

I always do it. It motivates me to at least pick a book up even if I don't think I feel like reading, and once I pick it up I often happily read away. Deadlines were always my best motivation :P

I always do it. It motivates me to at least pick a book up even if I don't think I feel like reading, and once I pick it up I often happily read away. Deadlines were always my best motivation :P

Haha :). It's odd because with something like schoolwork, I always had my project done way before the deadline (if it was solely up to me), as that's how I prefer to work (I'd rather be done early than get stressed out by the deadline). But it's different when you want to slot in another book :D.

Haha :). It's odd because with something like schoolwork, I always had my project done way before the deadline (if it was solely up to me), as that's how I prefer to work (I'd rather be done early than get stressed out by the deadline). But it's different when you want to slot in another book :D.

Oh God I was always the opposite, terrible student. Everything last minute. Again, no motivation, the only thing that motivates me is fear of something - fear of failing a test I *have* to pass, fear of not being able to pay rent, so I go to work etc. I get weirdly motivated about hobbies, but that's about it. :lol:

Oh God I was always the opposite, terrible student. Everything last minute. Again, no motivation, the only thing that motivates me is fear of something - fear of failing a test I *have* to pass, fear of not being able to pay rent, so I go to work etc. I get weirdly motivated about hobbies, but that's about it. :lol:

Haha, how interesting you're the opposite :).

I wish you lots of fun with it :).

I'm enjoying it so much that I've just bought the whole Harry Potter collection on Kindle. That way I can read it at my leisure instead of waiting for the books to become available at the library. :D

Loved this book! I hope you enjoy it. :smile: