Continue the Story Game

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strangle him. And Annabelle. And Cyril. Slowly. Instead, biting her tongue, she said she needed to stop at the nearest police station and report the theft of her passport, licence and purse. 'I can't help thinking now that Cyril's somehow tied up with the riots in Mudshot Cross. He seemed very ...

shady all told. I mean when I told him of our last case regarding Wilberforce ...he has met the mother!! Would you just believe...'

'You told him about our cases...oh my God she will dismiss us both...both of us have had liaisons which is a sackable offence...and you told..'

'Did you inform Madam Ching about..'

'No...'

At Handsup police station Bertie said.....

'We'd better give them all the sordid details.'

'Cyril Bauble, eh?' said PC Hans Kuff, 'the Super'll be very interested in that little bit of information. One of the many alias he goes by. And you have his address you say? A right bolshie agitator, responsible for stirring up trouble left right and dead centre. Light fingered into the bargain. You did very well to infiltrate his inner sanctum, as it were, Miss. We've been on his case for some time now, this is a real breakthrough.  I'll just have a wee chat with the boss, but I'm sure he'd appreciate you accompanying us to apprehend the miscreant.'

Trixie, turning rather pink with pride, rang Annabelle.

Girl Friday. A piercing scream reverberated down the phone followed by Annabelle yelling, 'Don't think you're getting all of the $10,000 reward, your contract states five percent and not a penny more!'

'Twenty-five percent, Annabelle, or Bertram and I are out of here with the whole lot! We've done all the hard work on this one, plus my wallet, passport and licence have been stolen, it's going to cost me a fortune to get them all re-issued!'

There was a long silence on the end of the phone.

rattling Annabelle's usual composure. 'Anyway, gotta go, PC Kuffs is waiting. Toodle-oo!' It felt good to have her boss on the back foot for a change.

Annabelle sat down abruptly on her swivel chair and breathed heavily through her nose. Poor Harriet was still ...

*sniff*...usual behavior, it's .. *sniff*... been an upsetting  *stifled sob* day.'

'There, there,' said Harriet, patting Annabelle's shoulder, 'don't give it another thought, I never really liked this dress anyway. Tell me all about it.'

'I feel as if I can confide in you, Harriet, *loudly blows nose*, the others treat me like Iron Lady. You see ...

assist the police in understanding him. Is he one of life's great misunderstood? I mean I once met a baker named Baker from Exeter. He was so misunderstood that when he cheated on his wife everyone said how dreadful life....

Edited by itsmeagain

must have been for her. They didn't see his side of the story at all! All that subterfuge, sneaking around, very stressful for the poor man.'

Annabelle looked at her in astonishment, She really had the most peculiar way of looking at things.

'Never mind Mr Baker, the baker from Exeter, let's concentrate on ...

give me a neck massage and some well deserved sympathy. I washed my hands of Cyril ages ago, I merely had a brief weak moment. No one treats me like that and gets away with it. I hope they lock him up, swallow the key and pull his toenails out one by one!'

'Relax Annabelle, all the veins are sticking out in your neck and your muscles are tighter than a cyclist's one size too small lycra pants! Perhaps we'd better ...'

take a deep breath, evaluate the situation then return to a coffee shop for another coffee. You could ...also..buy me a new dress..yellow and ochre has become coffee stain brown. All your fault. Gasping out your angst whilst

Edited by itsmeagain