Your Book Activity - June 2016

frankie

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Fellside by M.R. Carey today, loved it! Not sure what to read next.. I need to peruse my shelves. :)

I can't wait to read that, so glad you liked it!

I ordered 3 preorders last night

Grunt- Mary Roach release 6/7

Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory release 8/9

Night School (Jack Reacher #21) by Lee Child release 11/7

I'm also after Alison Weir's Katherine of Aragon (Six Tudor Queens, book 1), and Joe Hill's new book, The Fireman.

Hill's audio book of the Locke & Key series is awesome... I can't imagine how they turned a graphic novel into an audio book, but wow!

Very excited! I also went on a downloading samples spree last night *hides* Too many books!

Oops. Posted this in the wrong thread - completely forgotten it's now June! :D

Finally finished Tom Brown's School Days today for the English Counties challenge.  It was perfectly fine, but not outstanding, and felt a bit too wordy and descriptive, especially the first half, with very little dialogue.  That's not always a bad thing, but I felt for this type of story, for me, it would have benefited from more speech rather than description.

I finished The Driver's Seat by Muriel Spark. Weird book that I enjoyed reading, but had to look up some discussion of to try understand. I still loved it though.

I have no idea what I want to read next! Considering tackling A Little Life at last, but might also go grab M. R. Carey's new one or try a Claire North. Decisions!!

I finished The Driver's Seat by Muriel Spark. Weird book that I enjoyed reading, but had to look up some discussion of to try understand. I still loved it though.

Yes, I know what you mean!

Very excited! I also went on a downloading samples spree last night *hides* Too many books!

I hope you enjoy all the books :D.

I started to read Jojo Moyes - Me Before You 1: Me Before You. It's good so far :).

I think I have about 75 pages left of A Place of Execution, so depending on the weather this weekend I might finish.  It is beyond creepy and a very enjoyable read so far!  I'll have to remember to look for more books by Ms. McDermid.

I'm not positive of what I'll read next, but I might re-read The Fifth Wave and Infinite Sea in anticipation of the final book in Yancey's trilogy, The Last Star.

I'm also in line for the audio version of the first Game of Thrones book so hopefully that comes in soon!  I thought I'd try it since reading the actual book sounds very daunting! :lol:

Started reading Roald Dahl's Boy: Tales of Childhood, his first autobiography, and it is a hoot!  :D

I heard the first episode of Love from Boy - Roald Dahl's Letters to His Mother on Radio 4's Book of the Week this wek, and I would recommend anyone to listen. It's marvelous! 

Started reading Roald Dahl's Boy: Tales of Childhood, his first autobiography, and it is a hoot!  :D

I heard the first episode of Love from Boy - Roald Dahl's Letters to His Mother on Radio 4's Book of the Week this wek, and I would recommend anyone to listen. It's marvelous!

Oh my gosh! So glad to see you around again! Don't be a stranger :)

Oh my gosh! So glad to see you around again! Don't be a stranger :)

Hello there  :smile: , and thank you for the welcome :friends3: , I haven't been around here for quite a long time.... :blush2:  

Completed Yasmin Alibhai-Brown's Exotic England for my book group.  An interesting subject,looking at the impact of African, Asian and Middle Eastern culture and immigration on English life over the centuries - proving it's not simply a modern day phenomenon, but poorly put together and saying little that's not already well known.  Moved on without regrets to Jonathan Dimbleby's Battle of the Atlantic.

Finished Clive Barker's Great & Secret Magic Show, excellent book & ordered Part 2 Everville. Halfway through Stephen King's Bazaar Of Bad Dreams, enjoying it so far but can't help thinking i prefer his older stuff.....

Enjoying 'The house we grew up in' by Lisa Jewell

Oops...went in to a local café to me that has shelves of books for swapping. The idea is you can take one if you replace with one of your own....so I did, but came out with two...need to take another one in...any excuse for a scone and coffee while I browse. :giggle2: 

'The Beach Café' by Lucy Diamond

'6 Rainier Drive' by Debbie Macomber (a Cedar Cove one)

Been reading some light frothy nonsense this week as work has been too busy to concentrate on anything more taxing. I have a Wainwright Prize book lined up next, and then I'll see where the mood takes me! :D

Sometimes you just need a bit of fluffy frothy nonsense...I picked up a couple this week too. :giggle2: