What's Up in June 2016?

frankie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today should be a quiet day here. In a few days I will visit my aunt and uncle, and their new puppy! I'm looking forward to that. I will also visit my grandparents. And I'll be going to the library and loan some books :).

Today should be a quiet day here. In a few days I will visit my aunt and uncle, and their new puppy! I'm looking forward to that. I will also visit my grandparents. And I'll be going to the library and loan some books :).

Ooooh puppy!! :wub: I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun! Could you possible post a picture in the pet thread? I'd love to see a picture of the pupster :smile2: And it's been really quiet in the pet thread, now that I think about it... Have fun at the library! :) 

Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

They had a book fair at my daughter's school today. First, she wanted one book. Then two. We ended up with three! Lol she needs to join BCF :P

Have fun visiting relatives and puppies, Athena!  :smile2: 

I'm heading up to the cabin again this weekend so I've been busy getting ready for that.  I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins, who live next door, since they've just arrived for the summer.  I haven't seen them since last fall before they headed home to San Diego.  

Other than that I've been spending my days trying not to worry about my job situation.  We're supposed to hear this month which part of our department will be outsourced overseas and which will not.  I'm really getting tired of this corporate life... :irked:   I still need a job though, so if anyone wants to send good 'let-Marcia-keep-her-job' vibes I would truly appreciate it!

Sorry to hear about the job situation Peacefield. Having been there and done that....well, I know what you're going through. I recently submitted my resume to Blue Cross Blue Shield. My neighbor has a sister in human resources. She got at least 6 family members hired there. Maybe she'll put in a word for me. I can actually see the BCBS compound from my neighborhood. It will only take me five minutes to work if I got it.

Yesterday was payday so I did my shopping, took my dog, Kizzy to the vet for her Bordello shot as she'll be boarded over night Saturday when we go back home to my mother in law's birthday cookout. We wont feel like rushing back so she'll come hang out with her pals at the kennel. Anyway, I ran errands, went back home for a few hours, did my paperwork for school, checked on my son, then came back home. I was up and moving from 0600 to about 0100. I can now relax. I did go out to get some aspirin and made a quick stop at the thrift store. Now I'm in for the day. Maybe the next TWO days!

My youngest son (almost 21) and I are reading LOTR Fellowship of the rings together. He's out of town and this is one of the things we do to stay connected. I also have a few other books on the tablet I am reading. 

Have a great day!

Have fun visiting relatives and puppies, Athena!  :smile2: 

I'm heading up to the cabin again this weekend so I've been busy getting ready for that.  I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins, who live next door, since they've just arrived for the summer.  I haven't seen them since last fall before they headed home to San Diego.  

Other than that I've been spending my days trying not to worry about my job situation.  We're supposed to hear this month which part of our department will be outsourced overseas and which will not.  I'm really getting tired of this corporate life... :irked:   I still need a job though, so if anyone wants to send good 'let-Marcia-keep-her-job' vibes I would truly appreciate it!

Thanks Peacefield! Have fun at the cabin :). I wish the best for you with your job :(.

Sorry to hear about the job situation Peacefield. Having been there and done that....well, I know what you're going through. I recently submitted my resume to Blue Cross Blue Shield. My neighbor has a sister in human resources. She got at least 6 family members hired there. Maybe she'll put in a word for me. I can actually see the BCBS compound from my neighborhood. It will only take me five minutes to work if I got it.

I hope you get that job and that you have a fun weekend :).

My weekend will be busy, but I look forward to it. Today there are several people coming to the house, to talk with one or both of my parents (my dad will be briefly on TV, though it's a minor channel), so I'll be keeping an eye on the dogs. I was feeling quite tired yesterday so I plan to also rest a bit today, and hopefully finish the book I'm reading (Me Before You by Jojo Moyes).

We went to a beautiful wedding in the Pocono Mountains at the end of May. My wife's niece's daughter got married. It was one of the most wonderful weddings we have ever attended. The Bride was absolutely beautiful.

Then last week our granddaughter texted us with photos and the info that she got engaged. We are so happy for her.

We went to a beautiful wedding in the Pocono Mountains at the end of May. My wife's niece's daughter got married. It was one of the most wonderful weddings we have ever attended. The Bride was absolutely beautiful.Then last week our granddaughter texted us with photos and the info that she got engaged. We are so happy for her.

Double Congratulations! It's nice to see you back around- visit more often!! I plan on getting to CRH's new Leaving Blythe River in a few weeks :)

We've been hosting an exchange student this year, and tomorrow is the day she goes back home. :( So sad! We stayed up late playing games and talking last night. Such a fun year we had!

Awww :(. I'm glad you had a fun year though :).

We went to a beautiful wedding in the Pocono Mountains at the end of May. My wife's niece's daughter got married. It was one of the most wonderful weddings we have ever attended. The Bride was absolutely beautiful.

Then last week our granddaughter texted us with photos and the info that she got engaged. We are so happy for her.

The wedding sounds really nice. And congratulations for your granddaughter :)! Happy news.

Yesterday the filmcrew stayed longer than they said they would, so the dogs had to stay in the bakery for quite a bit longer than we thought beforehand. It was ~4 hours of filming, for 3 minutes on a channel that's only watched by few people. Amazing how they can take so long and the finished part is so short in comparison. But hopefully it will at least look nice on TV, I'm not sure when it will be aired or maybe it has already aired (I have to ask my dad).

Today I bought a mattress topper - one from Silent Night that is 5cm deep, because my mattress is thin and worn and the springs are uncomfortable. Not anymore! It's so soft and cosy! Delighted with my purchase. :D

Today I bought a mattress topper - one from Silent Night that is 5cm deep, because my mattress is thin and worn and the springs are uncomfortable. Not anymore! It's so soft and cosy! Delighted with my purchase. :D

Oh, I have a lovely one from M&S, so so comfy, enjoy! :)

Yeah for new comfort! :P

I'm having more Kindle Fire issues! I don't know if I'm just hard on them or use too much memory, but now I have to reconnect to the internet nearly every time I need to post or open a browser! I guess it's back to the 6 inch :( Thankfully, if I need to, I also have a Paperwhite, but that won't play audible or my music (obviously). I am so mad.

Amazon assured me my 8 inch isn't dying. So, I'm testing it out.

Got my hair cut off again today, such a short trim, she charged me $10 instead of $30, so I bought three pairs of $5 earrings :)

Double Congratulations! It's nice to see you back around- visit more often!! I plan on getting to CRH's new Leaving Blythe River in a few weeks :)

Thanks, I was in need of a book and I just downloaded "Leaving Blythe River to my kindle. I was starting to read Bleak House by Dickens but wasn't in the mood for him.

Thanks, I was in need of a book and I just downloaded "Leaving Blythe River to my kindle. I was starting to read Bleak House by Dickens but wasn't in the mood for him.

It sounds sooo good! I hope I don't cry lol. Well, ok, I hope I do :P

Oh, I have a lovely one from M&S, so so comfy, enjoy! :)

Slept on it last night for the first time and it was amazing! I woke up stiff coz I didn't turn in my sleep at all - I usually do, so I must have been super comfy!

Amazon assured me my 8 inch isn't dying. So, I'm testing it out.

Got my hair cut off again today, such a short trim, she charged me $10 instead of $30, so I bought three pairs of $5 earrings :)

Haha yay for savings and then spending them on other things! :lol:

Sounds great :D!

I'm having more Kindle Fire issues! I don't know if I'm just hard on them or use too much memory, but now I have to reconnect to the internet nearly every time I need to post or open a browser! I guess it's back to the 6 inch :( Thankfully, if I need to, I also have a Paperwhite, but that won't play audible or my music (obviously). I am so mad.

I hope your Kindle Fire will sort itself out soon :(.

Yay for getting a discount!!

This weekend I've been to the city and I went to the library (I will post a list in a little while, in my thread). I borrowed lots of nice books (and I bought a few at the charity shop). I went to see my aunt and uncle and their new puppy, and I also visited my grandparents. I had a very busy, but a great weekend. I had lots of fun. It will take me a few days or maybe a week to recover from it all, so the next days I will be taking things a bit slower.