Dtr's Year of Reading 2016

dtrpath27

I haven't really tracked what I've been reading this year, and sadly I haven't read much. Here's a list of the few things I have squeezed in:

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

The Transcriptionist by Amy Rowland

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

The Devotion of Suspect X by Higashino Keigo

Edited by dtrpath27

Yay for a reading log! I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, but I wish you happy reading for the rest of 2016 :readingtwo::).

Thank you! I'm so grateful that I have a little time to read again. My rate in 2016 just wasn't cutting it. My TBR was starting to take on a life of its own.  

How did you feel about The Girl With All the Gifts?

I too am curious about that! :D

I absolutely loved this book. It had a unique premise, great characterization, a plot that moved well, and fantastic ending. I'm starting his other book, Fellside, and loving it as well.

Cool! I just got the sample of Claire North's The Sudden Appearance of Hope, how was Harry August?

This was recommended on a radio programme I listened to recently and it's on my wishlist, but was such an unusual premise that it prompted me to look up her other books, so until this one comes out in paperback, I think I might try one of her others.

It's so hard to quote on my Fire, so...

Dtr: I'm so glad you liked The Girl With All the Gifts! I felt the same :)

Claire- I hear Touch is good and the synopsis sounds good too!

I haven't really tracked what I've been reading this year, and sadly I haven't read much. 

Aww  :empathy:   Here's hoping the rest of the year will be more rewarding and will make up for the first five months of 2016   :readingtwo:

Edited by frankie

Aww :empathy: Here's hoping the rest of the year will be more rewarding and will make up for the first five months of 2016 :readingtwo:

Ha! Thanks so much. This thread should really be titled "Dtr's Half-Year of Reading." I'd like to argue that I'm going for quality over quantity as only one of the books was a dud, half were fantastic, and the other two were rather enjoyable. ;)

I loved Harry August! And Touch, I have the new one on order. Can't wait!

It really was great, wasn't it? I'll have to let you know how it goes. Edited by dtrpath27

Ha! Thanks so much. This thread should really be titled "Dtr's Half-Year of Reading." I'd like to argue that I'm going for quality over quantity as only one of the books was a dud, half were fantastic, and the other two were rather enjoyable. ;)

Quality over quantity is always a very good way to go! :D You've evidently had a great reading year in that respect! 

:P

I loved Harry August! And Touch, I have the new one on order. Can't wait!

What is the next one? (Like I need ONE more on the TBR!) Or are you talking about The Sudden Appearance of Hope?

Nevermind! It's about quality rather than quantity! :D

I loved The Princess Bride - it's such a sweet little story. Have you seen the film? If not, I highly recommend it. :smile:

Edited by bobblybear

Nevermind! It's about quality rather than quantity! :D

I loved The Princess Bride - it's such a sweet little story. Have you seen the film? If not, I highly recommend it. :smile:

The Princess Bride is one of my favorite films of all times. In the book, it was actually quite mind-blowing that

the entire preface was fictional -- the wife he spoke of, the son, everything. Once I figured that out, I was completely dumbstruck. Also, wrapping my head around the fact that S. Morgenstern was also fictional gave me a good chuckle. The pages on the museum were also a nice touch. It really does merit a re-read.

Edited by dtrpath27

:P

What is the next one? (Like I need ONE more on the TBR!) Or are you talking about The Sudden Appearance of Hope?

Just received it yesterday afternoon in the mail!  The Sudden Appearance of Hope.  Yeah. :)

I'll probably start it after I finish up with the trilogy.