Sazza's List 2016

Sazza

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just finished The Cake Shop in the Garden. It was a ok book. I didn't find myself totally in love with it. One character made me laugh out loud as I have a friend who is just like her and I could picture her saying all these things. The ending was a bit blugh as it was obvious that was the choice that would be made. Not sure if I saw another book by Carole Matthews that I would jump to read it.

Now after doing my little IP dip do rhyme I've picked A Sixpenny Christmas by Katie Flynn

I've read For Better, For Worse and Let's Meet on Platform 8 by Carole Matthews, and I didn't like either of them. I don't think I'll be picking up any of her books any time soon. Shame The Cake Shop in the Garden wasn't enjoyable.

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only person who hasn't enjoyed her work.

I've just finished A Sixpenny Christmas and it was wonderful. I really couldn't put it down. Definitely one to read.

Now for The Fault in our Stars by John Green...

So I read a The Fault in our Stars...it was ok, I'd seen the film before I read the book and feel this maybe spoiled it a bit for me. It wasn't as good as I expected but hey ho.

I then went on and read You Are My Sunshine by Judith Saxton aka Katie Flynn. Wow, I loved it. Was based around the war and was all about the WAAFS and the balloon ops in particular. I loved every page and I was gutted when it was finished.

Now away to start Secrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore

So as it turns out I've already read The Beekeepers Daughter. My mum came in and was like you've read that one already silly...

Ooops :D Does that happen often? Good thing your Mom keeps a record of what you read :D