Sazza's List 2016

Sazza

Feeling pretty chuffed with myself I have a whole charity bag full of books that I have read all ready to drop off tomorrow. It's made space for more books ;):D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling pretty chuffed with myself I have a whole charity bag full of books that I have read all ready to drop off tomorrow. It's made space for more books ;):D

You are definitely in the right place here  :readingtwo:

Yay, a great big clearance always feels good, especially when you can now buy new books to fill in the space :lol: 

Just finished The Daughter's Secret after only starting it yesterday (ooopps) It was really good and for being Eva Holland's first book it was really good and I look forward to her next book. I would recommend it to all.

Now what next?!? :)

Oh the list is a long one...

The Italian Matchmaker - Santa Montefiore

You Are My Sunshine - Katie Flynn

The Cake shop in the Garden - Carole Matthews

The Accidental Husband - Jane Green

The Mersey Girls - Katie Flynn

Whatever It Takes - Adele Parks

Liverpool Taffy - Katie Flynn

The Holiday - Jane Green

Babyville - Jane Green

The Patchwork Marriage -Jane Green

A Sixpenny Christmas - Katie Flynn

Secrets of the Lighthouse - Santa Montefiore

A Vintage Wedding - Katie Fforde

The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien

I don't think I've read any of the books so I can't make any suggestions :D I hope you find something to suit your current mood soon :)

Gone for Whatever it Takes by Adele Parks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I read And the Mountains Echoed last year but like you I struggled with Splendid Suns. It just didn't seem to have the flow of the others. I admit I paused midway and read another book in the middle just to give myself a break.

I agree the book is a little sluggish in the middle. But the story is very beautiful and moving. The ending is just brilliant. I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns

Whatever it takes was such a good book! It really kept me hooked from start to finish. The twist at the end really shocked me and I'd love if there was a sequel to it, just to find out what happens.

I was out today and picked up two new books (oops) and I've started to read one of them. Never read any of Giovanna Fletcher's books before but decided to try something new. I've only read 40 pages and I'm hooked. I have definitely found a new author that I will be reading religiously with every new release.

So I've just finished Billy & Me. All I can say is wow...I loved it from start to finish, I fell in love with the characters and the tears I cried near the end was just never ending....if you haven't read this book yet please, please do. It's amazing!!

I've now picked up Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer...

Oh yeah I'm happy to share. I got Billy & Me and Always with Love both by Giovanna Fletcher.

I really didn't need them but I just couldn't help it :D

Just finished The Accidental Husband by Jane Green. Was such a good book. Couldn't put it down. Got totally lost in the world of Maggie and Sylvie... definitely recommend it!!

Now I'm away to start A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde

I actually couldn't get into Between the Lines at all. It was just not my cup of tea at all. It's in the charity bag waiting to be dropped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished A Vintage Wedding finally after not picking it for a few days due to my boyfriend being up for a flying visit. Loved the book, very easy to read and I didn't want it to end.

Now onto The Holiday by Jane Green

Just finished The Holiday. As it turned out it was three short stories by three people. All based on Christmas. I really enjoyed it. They were very easy to read, felt that character development maybe wasn't as good as I'm used to with Jane Green, but it was a lovely light read.

Now what next??

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't own that one, but it sounds like a nice book to read during the winter time.

It's a lovely easy read. I managed to read two of the stories in one day. Definitely one to have.

So now I've picked up The Beekeepers Daughter by Santa Montefiore. I've started it but it sounds very familiar. So I'm beginning to wonder if I have already read this one, but it somehow managed to land in my to read pile rather than my charity pile...plus it's a hardback book so I can't tell if it's been read like with my paperbacks

So as it turns out I've already read The Beekeepers Daughter. My mum came in and was like you've read that one already silly...so now I know and I've picked up The Cake Shop in the Garden by Carole Matthews...