antique book conservation

Poet

I have bought a really old book (over 100 years old), that is a bit damaged! So I want someone to tell me a way to store this book somehow in order not to completely fall apart. Does anybody know how???

My immediate thought was an archive box such as this one, or a clam shell box such as this. Or maybe archiving book bags (couldn't find a link!).

We have some old books here, and timetables and things and actually keep them in a chest of drawers. This (so far) has avoided any accidental damage to them, and keeps them out of light, and puts less physical stress on the book spines etc. 

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

The most important thing is what is the book? Any chance of a photograph?  :D

My immediate thought was an archive box such as this one, or a clam shell box such as this. Or maybe archiving book bags (couldn't find a link!).

We have some old books here, and timetables and things and actually keep them in a chest of drawers. This (so far) has avoided any accidental damage to them, and keeps them out of light, and puts less physical stress on the book spines etc. 

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

The most important thing is what is the book? Any chance of a photograph?  :D

Thank you for your suggestions!!! They were very helpfull!

The book is Faust by Goethe the second part of the tragedy! I attached some photos but I am afraid you won't understand a thing! :P I 've bought the translated one in my native language! Of course there weren't any chances to understand the complexibility of this masterpiece in its primal language! But the translator was very popular for his work (now he is dead as you understand) and they say that this translation is the best and the closest to the originall! Really hard to find! I found it in an old antique shop by accident as I was looking for the second part for about 5 months! I was so lucky I couldn't believe it!!!!! Sooo thank you again! :)13162267_1293577577338017_245055540_n.jp13162038_1293577594004682_1503767673_n.j

I've had ancient Greek in secondary school, I love your alphabet with its nice 'characters / symbols' :). It's nice you found that edition. I hope you can find a way to preserve it well. I don't know much about antique books myself so I'm afraid I can't help you with it. I just wanted to post I liked the pictures.

I've had ancient Greek in secondary school, I love your alphabet with its nice 'characters / symbols' :). It's nice you found that edition. I hope you can find a way to preserve it well. I don't know much about antique books myself so I'm afraid I can't help you with it. I just wanted to post I liked the pictures.

Ohhh thank you very much Athena!!! :). I was on a trip when I bought it. I was so happy when I accidentaly found this book I couldn't speak! I specifically ask the seller for a translation of Faust, because you can't find anywhere the second part, and he couldn't find it! After 5 minutes (and giving my personal info, so he could contact me if he finds it)  I holded it in my own hands with my mouth wide open!  :P  And also the seller was like this to! hahaha Such a wonderfull coincidence!!!! :D