What's Up In May 2016?

frankie

We've just had a week away in Devon, although I think I actually spent more time in Dorset - no surprise there ;) - with some lovely days out to my favourite Chesil Beach.  Very relaxing, and read a few great books.

Unfortunately, when we got home, our television wouldn't power on, so we've had to get a new one today.  It's nothing special, but will keep us going until we can get our main one repaired. :)  Not doing much else today, just catching up with a few things before I go back to work.  

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey y'all!

Just a disclaimer, my wireless keyboard hates uppercase letters. You wont see them unless its the beginning of a new sentence. You've been warned, lol!!

Anyho... how y'all doin?!

Things are pretty quiet now that my home is devoid of little people. I've been spending the past month adjusting to the change, trying to find myself and getting to know my hubby all over again. Its been pretty interesting.

I've been under so much stress for the past few years that anxiety seeped into my mind without my knowledge or permission. I do a lot of walking and my phone and gear2 watch has an app that checks my stress level and pulse rate. I wasn't aware just how much in the yellow/red zone i spend so much time in. Even when I think i'm relaxed, i'm not. I have to relearn how to relax and do nothing. I have no idea how to do that, lol!

Today i'm hanging out at barnes and noble. I already made my library visit to pick up several dvds i had ordered. I'll head home, change and hang out on the recliner with my hubby and watch some movies. Later this evening we may go to a comedy show. Laughter is always good for the soul and relaxation!!

My daughter and her family are settled in california and are doing great. This was the best move for them. The only problem is dealing with the school the boys go to. The oldest boys have asthma and they have all the necessary meds to get them through. The teacher, however, has a problem giving the meds to them. They would rather call dd to pick them up after a few coughs, then to just give the enhaler. She's been called to pick the oldest up so often that they are going to homeschool the children, much more is going on but since they have made their decision, no need to dwell on it.

Anyway, i've just downed a triple chocolate brownie and need to get back to some researches. Have a great day/evening all!!

Virginia, laughter really is the best medicine, isn't it? Stress and anxiety really take their toll, but it sounds like you're taking a lot of positive steps.

I just got home from the first big event I had to publicize for work, and we had a 15% increase in attendance! I had hoped for more, but I'm pleased with those numbers -- it's a step in the right direction.

I'm pretty tired from being in the sun all day, but it was a lot of fun. I even got to get in (ahem, fall in) the pool and cool off a bit.

We've just had a week away in Devon, although I think I actually spent more time in Dorset - no surprise there ;) - with some lovely days out to my favourite Chesil Beach.  Very relaxing, and read a few great books.

Unfortunately, when we got home, our television wouldn't power on, so we've had to get a new one today.  It's nothing special, but will keep us going until we can get our main one repaired. :)  Not doing much else today, just catching up with a few things before I go back to work.  

I'm glad you had a great time on your week away, Chesil :). Sorry to hear about the television though, I hope it can be repaired :(

Things are pretty quiet now that my home is devoid of little people. I've been spending the past month adjusting to the change, trying to find myself and getting to know my hubby all over again. Its been pretty interesting.

I'm glad you're doing okay, Virginia :). I hope the stress will lessen soon :(.

I just got home from the first big event I had to publicize for work, and we had a 15% increase in attendance! I had hoped for more, but I'm pleased with those numbers -- it's a step in the right direction.

I'm pretty tired from being in the sun all day, but it was a lot of fun. I even got to get in (ahem, fall in) the pool and cool off a bit.

That's quite nice, well done :).

It's been a busy two days here. On Saturday a lot of my dad's family visited and we celebrated 3 birthdays. Yesterday (Sunday) we went to see my aunt and uncle (they didn't come on Saturday because they're my mum's family). They have a sort of holiday house near the sea. We walked along the beach, it was windy but nice. I'm very tired today from the two busy days, so I plan to rest a lot today and the next few days.

It sounds like you need a break! Visiting with family is fun but exhausting.

Thanks, I agree, it is fun but exhausting. I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday, so hopefully with a few days of rest I'll feel a lot better.

I just did my first audition in 15 years tonight! Went for a part in a production of Sister Act. Hoping to hear some time tonight, but I don't for one second think I've got it. It went well, and I enjoyed it, but I think that on this occasion, looking younger than my age is going to count against me - LOL!

Good luck, Kell! :D

We arrived at the cabin/lake this afternoon and after unpacking, spent most of the time sitting out on the deck enjoying the lake and the hummingbirds and all the peaceful sounds of nature.  It's our first trip up of the season and yay for no trees lying across our drive! (one year I had to get out the saw and go through a little tree that was in the path of our car  :giggle:)

They are delivering our boat from storage tomorrow and next weekend my brother will hopefully be flying out to get it in the water.  I have to be back to work on Monday but I'm hopefully coming back in a few weeks time.

I hope everyone has a fab weekend!

That sounds fun and relaxing! Is the cabin near by? Sometimes, it takes just a little way for a vacation :)

As an Amazon Prime member, I am entitled to a free prerelease from their Editors list each month, and I picked The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson, which I've been eyeing...so excited about that. I've also lost 10 pounds in 7 days so woohoo!

Oh- and 20 days left of school!!

We arrived at the cabin/lake this afternoon and after unpacking, spent most of the time sitting out on the deck enjoying the lake and the hummingbirds and all the peaceful sounds of nature.  It's our first trip up of the season and yay for no trees lying across our drive! (one year I had to get out the saw and go through a little tree that was in the path of our car  :giggle:)

They are delivering our boat from storage tomorrow and next weekend my brother will hopefully be flying out to get it in the water.  I have to be back to work on Monday but I'm hopefully coming back in a few weeks time.

The cabin sounds very nice, I hope you get to go back there soon :).

As an Amazon Prime member, I am entitled to a free prerelease from their Editors list each month, and I picked The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson, which I've been eyeing...so excited about that. I've also lost 10 pounds in 7 days so woohoo!

Oh- and 20 days left of school!!

Woohoo for a free book :)! Well done on the weight loss.

Good luck with the part Kell!

Peacefield, OMG, that sounds just wonderful! I hope to do a weekend getaway in Ashville in July.

Anna, will this finish you off or is it just the semester?

As I've been slowly resetting my head and reinventing myself, finding myself and searching for my purpose I have finally decided to knock out my last three classes for my degree. I'll be starting class in August. The financial aid work is completed so I just need to sit and wait it out. I'm really excited because this means I can graduate in December or next semester!!!

Because of all the expense of having five grands we let our internet/cable go back in March. We've made do with frequent trips to the library for dvds. I also changed our cell phone data plan from 10GB to unlimited. Oh how I LOVE unlimited! I have been streaming Netflix and youtube like crazy. While doing my bi-monthly cell phone cleaning (getting rid of unused apps, etc) I remembered that I had a "hotspot" app. All I had to do was click, type in the provided password and BAM! I have internet on my tablet, my laptop AND my wireless printer!! The best part is that my cell phone is less expensive and my internet speed is the same as if I had "regular" internet, lol! We are getting our cable back next week but still, what a find!

Today is gloomy and rainy so I plan to pretty much stay put. Having found my internet, this is actually doable. No packing up my laptop, tablet, headphones, et al for my daily library sojourn. 

I have already done most of my paperwork for school, tidied my home and given myself a facial mud pack. Now I plan to read and do some research for my book.

It's great you are graduating in a little while, Virginia :)!

I'm glad you're enjoying your phone internet :).

My sister and her boyfriend are coming over this weekend, so that should be nice.

Had a fabulous afternoon singing at Blyth Battery as part of their 100-year celebrations. Felt like a million bucks in the dress I borrowed from a good friend, and was pleased to see in photos that I look half the size I did last May, or even last September, when I sang there last year!

post-3572-0-98365500-1463852290_thumb.jpg

I just did my first audition in 15 years tonight! Went for a part in a production of Sister Act. Hoping to hear some time tonight, but I don't for one second think I've got it. It went well, and I enjoyed it, but I think that on this occasion, looking younger than my age is going to count against me - LOL!

Well, I didn't get the role I was after, but I do have a small role one step up from chorus. Ironically, when I joined the company for their first rehearsal, I joked to my pal, "I'll be happy if I get Nun #11!" - guess what my small role is!!! ROFLMAO!!!

My friend got the role I was after - if I wasn't getting it, I'm glad she got it instead, because she's going to be brilliant. She's about 15 years older than me, so she looked a better fit for the part - I guess I look too youthful to be a Mother Superior!

Congrats to you and your friend, Kell - I hope you all have a blast!

It was beautiful weather up at the cabin, so it was hard to leave.  Everything looked great, though, and luckily no big trees were down.  We bought a bunch of flowers and cleaned out all the flower beds, and the hummingbirds have arrived for the summer! :D  We made a lot of syrup for them, enough to hopefully last until we go back up on 3rd June.

I hope you all have a lovely week ahead of you :D.

Today we went out during a random rain spurt, we bought some shoes, I got some bracelets and earnings and a Father's Day card for my dad.

That sounds like a nice shopping trip :)

It was beautiful weather up at the cabin, so it was hard to leave.  Everything looked great, though, and luckily no big trees were down.  We bought a bunch of flowers and cleaned out all the flower beds, and the hummingbirds have arrived for the summer! :D  We made a lot of syrup for them, enough to hopefully last until we go back up on 3rd June.

I'm glad you had a lot of fun :). I hope the syrup will last.

I had a fairly good weekend. Caught up with some friends, had one friend down for the weekend so I was pretty tired by Sunday evening when he left. Took yesterday off, and played the 3DS my friend loaned me hehe.

I have had a feeling of something being stuck in my throat since Sunday, it's very annoying. Less painful/problematic today, so hoping it's just that I hurt my throat a bit and it feels like there's something, rather than that there actually is something. Giving it another few days anyway to see.

Hope your throat gets better soon, Noll.  I hate it when you can feel something stuck in your throat.  It's one of the reasons I gave up fish even before I became a vegetarian ... I had a fish bone stuck in my throat once and it was incredibly unpleasant and it made me panic a bit.

It may be only Tuesday, but I'm already looking forward to the long weekend coming up!  Will probably go off to visit Chesil Beach one day, and definitely going to be getting on the sewing machine again ... I'm hooked now! :lol:

I had a fairly good weekend. Caught up with some friends, had one friend down for the weekend so I was pretty tired by Sunday evening when he left. Took yesterday off, and played the 3DS my friend loaned me hehe.

I have had a feeling of something being stuck in my throat since Sunday, it's very annoying. Less painful/problematic today, so hoping it's just that I hurt my throat a bit and it feels like there's something, rather than that there actually is something. Giving it another few days anyway to see.

I'm glad you had a good weekend :). I hope your throat feels better soon :(.

It may be only Tuesday, but I'm already looking forward to the long weekend coming up!  Will probably go off to visit Chesil Beach one day, and definitely going to be getting on the sewing machine again ... I'm hooked now! :lol:

I wish you a great weekend :).

Yesterday we took a walk around the neighbourhood and went into a couple of shops. We had nice weather during the walk and it was fun :).

This was how my day started,  :giggle2:  :doh:

All day long (up til 0900) I thought it was Friday. I was so convinced it was Friday and that my Google calendar was wrong, I uninstalled it and installed a new calendar.

Its still not Friday.