What's Up In May 2016?

frankie

This was how my day started,  :giggle2:  :doh:

All day long (up til 0900) I thought it was Friday. I was so convinced it was Friday and that my Google calendar was wrong, I uninstalled it and installed a new calendar.

Its still not Friday.

Lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was how my day started,  :giggle2:  :doh:

All day long (up til 0900) I thought it was Friday. I was so convinced it was Friday and that my Google calendar was wrong, I uninstalled it and installed a new calendar.

Its still not Friday.

Haha, whoops :giggle2:.

This weekend, the son of the previous owners of our house, comes to visit it with his wife (he contacted my dad). He wants to see it again, the house he grew up in (and the garden and bakery). I hope it will be nice for him to see it again.

The electricity went out in my house round 6pm yesterday, and stayed out  :motz:  :Tantrum:  :mad:

We waited a while to see if it would come back on - it didn't. We rang the landlord for suggestions around half 9 - didn't seem to be the fuse box (in that all the switches were in the correct locations.) Landlord said, 'I'll come over but really, you shouldn't have waited to call because now it's half past nine' as if half nine is 2 in the morning, and she added, 'I doubt I'll be able to do anything'. I would have told her not to bother, but for her attitude alone I let her come. When she arrived, she immediately looked at the fuse box, pulled out what apparently is the fuse, and said, 'yep, this is blown. I have one at home I think, I'll bring it tomorrow'.

Not sure if she didn't bother bringing it to begin with to punish us or what, but it's now the following morning and I've had no food because I've nothing to cook with, toast with, or make tea with, and at this stage my fridge and freezer stuff is all gone off anyway, I've had no shower, and I haven't washed my hair because I had no way to dry it. Fortunately it's not winter, or the house would have been freezing too.

Really, she lives a 15 minute drive away, a decent landlord would have spent the extra half hour driving back out to our house with the fuse so we weren't without power all night. 

It's four days until payday, and all of the food I had to keep me going til then is dead, except some sweetcorn and tuna. Very, very annoyed.

The electricity went out in my house round 6pm yesterday, and stayed out  :motz:  :Tantrum:  :mad:

Wow Noll, I'm so sorry :(. That's not nice of your landlord at all, very irresponsible and annoying. I totally get it makes you angry. I hope the power comes on back soon and that you can find a way to do things and eat etc until payday and such :empathy::friends0:.

Noll, that really, really sucks! I am so sorry, I know all too well about not having any money.

I'm feeling ill today, I might just stay in bed. I'd try reading, but my head hurts so bad and I'm pretty dizzy.

I wound up going to the beach yesterday. It was an out of the way spot that wasn't overly crowded despite the holiday weekend here in the States.

That sounds nice :).

Yesterday I was pretty busy. My boyfriend wasn't feeling well so I did all the household chores on my own. I also made cake (vanille / chocolate) and ovenpasta / pastabake. Both turned out well.

I hope your boyfriend is feeling better now, Athena :)

I have had one hell of a week. After my throat being sore and being without electricity, I got sick at the weekend with some kind of tummy thing. Then, because of a fee I had no idea was coming out of my account the night before a bill was due, the direct debit failed. And then money lodged to my account two hours later. Then five hours later my laptop died. So today I bought a new one (payday), and the first time I started it up, it did not work properly at all. I was so convinced I was gonna have to bring it back to the shop that I videoed the strange things it was doing on my phone to show them. Fortunately the age old solution of turning it off and back on again seems to have ironed out the kinks and it has been perfect for the rest of the evening. Fingers crossed that's the end of all my bad luck and that my new laptop continues to work!

In happier news, an author I tweeted last year telling him I loved his book (The Toymaker - Jeremy De Quidt) DMed me on Twitter today saying he wants to send me a proof of his new book as a gift for my kind words about The Toymaker (which actually Janet sent to me after she'd read it). That did definitely put a smile on my face, authors are so gracious.

Thanks, last night he felt a bit better :).

Wow Noll, I'm sorry you've had such a bad week :(. I hope your laptop will continue to work :friends0:.

How nice of that author! That's so nice :).

We have two chicken sitting on nests, I really hope we'll have some little chicken in a few weeks.

Hope you're feeling better now Nollaig, don't worry about the laptop, when I got mine I took it back 2 or 3 times...it was a nightmare to set up.  And now I have a disk stuck in the disk bit!

What a lovely surprise from the author, that's very kind of him.

Thanks Gaia :)

Hope you're feeling better now Nollaig, don't worry about the laptop, when I got mine I took it back 2 or 3 times...it was a nightmare to set up.  And now I have a disk stuck in the disk bit!

What a lovely surprise from the author, that's very kind of him.

What kind of laptop, and what operating system? Mine came with Windows 10 unfortunately, and I feel like that might actually have been the issue rather than the hardware. I'll installed my own non-microsoft software now for browsing etc and its working fine. But obviously, I'm a little nervous since it had a rough start. I'm not worried about having to bring it back, I just don't want the bloody inconvenience!!

Sorry to hear you've had such a rotten time, Noll.  Hopefully, there will be something in the post soon that will help lift your spirits ;)

It might be a short week at work after the bank holiday, but it's been a very busy one!!! At least it means the day goes quickly. :lol:  Over halfway through now, so it's all downhill from here ...