What's Up In May 2016?

frankie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had lots of fun spending time with my brother on Sunday. So I've invited him over again next weekend. His girlfriend is in Costa Rica so he's a bit on his own. It'll be fun seeing him some more, as we don't normally talk a whole lot unless he comes by (he's not the sort of person to spend a while on the phone, like I do with my sister).

Today I'm having a headache, fingers crossed the painkiller helps.

P.S. Topic pinned :).

I have my office all to myself this week at work, as my officemate is on holidays. Love having an office to myself, I can have it as cold as I like and don't have to make small talk :P

I had a really good bank holiday weekend, did (far too much) shopping, bought two skirts, jeggings (which are a new thing for me), a really fancy evening-wear top which was extortionately overpriced, five or six tops and two pairs of earrings. I also had drinks with my housemates Friday night and another friend Sunday night, so I was super social. *crawls back into hermit cave*

Athena I hope your headache has eased.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm glad you had such a great weekend, Noll :). What are jeggings? Are they like leggings but made out of jeans-fabric (I'm just guessing)? I hope you like all your new clothes.

Thanks, it has :).

Yup, that's exactly what jeggings are - they look like jeans on the legs but they're elasticated on the waist for the chubby among us like me :D They're surprisingly comfy - I generally live in dresses and skirts with leggings, so I'm used to feeling pretty unrestricted by clothes, which is why I don't like jeans. I think jeggings are gonna be a nice compromise though. I looooooove all my new clothes :D I'm trying this new high-waisted-skirts-with-tucked-in-tops thing, and I think it suits me pretty well, so both my skirts are high-waisted ones and the tops all suit being tucked in as well as being worn outside the skirts.

Yup, that's exactly what jeggings are - they look like jeans on the legs but they're elasticated on the waist for the chubby among us like me :D They're surprisingly comfy - I generally live in dresses and skirts with leggings, so I'm used to feeling pretty unrestricted by clothes, which is why I don't like jeans. I think jeggings are gonna be a nice compromise though. I looooooove all my new clothes :D I'm trying this new high-waisted-skirts-with-tucked-in-tops thing, and I think it suits me pretty well, so both my skirts are high-waisted ones and the tops all suit being tucked in as well as being worn outside the skirts.

I think jeggings can be good for everyone, it's what you wear with them that matters. I am quite petite but like tight fitting clothes so they suit me, in fact I live in either Fat Face Jeans or Jeggings!! :D

I think jeggings can be good for everyone, it's what you wear with them that matters. I am quite petite but like tight fitting clothes so they suit me, in fact I live in either Fat Face Jeans or Jeggings!! :D

I more meant in the sense that I find it difficult to get jeans which A) fit at all, because I was being euphimistic when I said I'm only chubby hehe and B) if they do fit, don't cut into me when I sit down - anything I wear really needs to give a bit around the stomach area in order to be comfy :D

Jeggings are definitely for everyone, they just also happen to be very fat-friendly unlike lots of regular jeans :P

Jeggings sound pretty good, I should see if they sell them here sometime. I'm glad you're enjoying your new clothes :).

I did too much shopping too. Amazon is evil :P. I bought journals, bookmarks, shoes, pajamas, a new robe and a few outfits. My mom's Mother's Day presents will be here today as well. Now I'm checking the mail every hour :D

I did too much shopping too. Amazon is evil :P. I bought journals, bookmarks, shoes, pajamas, a new robe and a few outfits. My mom's Mother's Day presents will be here today as well. Now I'm checking the mail every hour :D

I hope you enjoy all your stuff :D

I fell down the stairs this morning, because I am an uncoordinated genius. I'm okay, just got some very painful thwacks on varying parts of my body.

Awww Noll :(. I'm glad you are okay, but I'm sorry you're in pain.

I chopped off my hair today!

That's nice :).

Thanks ladies - still in pain but all things considered, could be a lot worse.

Anna, was your hair long before you cut it?

I ordered the black version of a skirt I bought in New Look online - they didn't have the black version in the shop. Ordered the same size, and it's the exact same skirt - and it doesn't fit. This is why I never order online. Absolutely gutted, I had so many outfit plans for this skirt. Returning it will cost money and take ages, I wanted it for this weekend. Sigh.

I ordered the black version of a skirt I bought in New Look online - they didn't have the black version in the shop. Ordered the same size, and it's the exact same skirt - and it doesn't fit. This is why I never order online. Absolutely gutted, I had so many outfit plans for this skirt. Returning it will cost money and take ages, I wanted it for this weekend. Sigh.

What? How stupid :(. I'm so sorry. I never really order much clothes online either. Would they not refund the cost of sending it back? That's a shame if they don't.

What? How stupid :(. I'm so sorry. I never really order much clothes online either. Would they not refund the cost of sending it back? That's a shame if they don't.

Nope. Refund the cost of the item and original shipping I think, but not the cost of me having to ship it back. It's not the end of the world, I can order another size, just a shame because I was so looking forward to having it for an outfit this weekend.

Thanks ladies - still in pain but all things considered, could be a lot worse.

Anna, was your hair long before you cut it?

I just bought some clothes online too, I'm scared lol

Yes, sort of. It was below my shoulders, now it's at my ears!

Nope. Refund the cost of the item and original shipping I think, but not the cost of me having to ship it back. It's not the end of the world, I can order another size, just a shame because I was so looking forward to having it for an outfit this weekend.

It's a shame, I'm sure you would have looked great in the outfit.

My brother will be here in a while, I'm having barbecue tonight with my parents, my brother and Michael. I look forward to see my brother again, I don't normally get to talk with him lots, because he's generally pretty busy.

We have just got back from a week away and I have to say the weather took us by surprise.  The day we travelled was cold, wet and foggy but once we unloaded our bags we had fantastic weather after that, so glad I took sun tops and shorts with me.  For this country we had amazing weather.

Also sorted through clothes, put winter stuff away and brought out the rest of my summer gear, and did a big cull on clothes which will be going to charity shop.  Felt better for it now have a bit of space in wardrobe so the first thing I did was go onto a few websites to pick out some new stuff.  (oh dear).

I'm glad you had a great time being away :).

I've been feeling very tired the past few days, but I'm not entirely sure why. I was hoping to go on a train journey this week, but we've had to cancel it because I'm too tired. This weekend a lot of family will be coming over to celebrate 3 birthdays, so it'll be very busy.

We have just got back from a week away and I have to say the weather took us by surprise.  The day we travelled was cold, wet and foggy but once we unloaded our bags we had fantastic weather after that, so glad I took sun tops and shorts with me.  For this country we had amazing weather.

Also sorted through clothes, put winter stuff away and brought out the rest of my summer gear, and did a big cull on clothes which will be going to charity shop.  Felt better for it now have a bit of space in wardrobe so the first thing I did was go onto a few websites to pick out some new stuff.  (oh dear).

Where did you go Shirley, we had a few glorious days in Surrey but torrential rain today with flooding in areas! I love putting away the winter clothes and did mine last week, have kept out the waterproofs though! :D

I'm glad you had a great time being away :).

I've been feeling very tired the past few days, but I'm not entirely sure why. I was hoping to go on a train journey this week, but we've had to cancel it because I'm too tired. This weekend a lot of family will be coming over to celebrate 3 birthdays, so it'll be very busy.

I hope you have more energy soon, i have a cold and that is bad enough, it stops me sleeping well and I need my sleep! :)

I've been busy, we are getting very close to starting building work so have been talking with architects and builders, finding a good kitchen/kitchen company, deciding on a design for a staircase and bi-fold doors, very exciting but exhausting too as Steve is away so I'm doing it on my own, then emailing him details and photos, then back to companies and so on and so on! Still, it'll be worth it when it's done. My eldest is starting his AS exams next week so hopefully will be starting after that. :)

Hi Charliepud we went to Weymouth, never been before and totally loved it, but I expect the weather helped with that.

Oh my goodness you have a lot of work coming up, will be worth it though I am sure.

Doesent look like you are going to get much rest this weekend Athena, you will have to put your feet up and read a book for a couple of hours.

Thanks Shirley, that sounds nice :).

I hope you have more energy soon, i have a cold and that is bad enough, it stops me sleeping well and I need my sleep! :)

I've been busy, we are getting very close to starting building work so have been talking with architects and builders, finding a good kitchen/kitchen company, deciding on a design for a staircase and bi-fold doors, very exciting but exhausting too as Steve is away so I'm doing it on my own, then emailing him details and photos, then back to companies and so on and so on! Still, it'll be worth it when it's done. My eldest is starting his AS exams next week so hopefully will be starting after that. :)

Thanks Chalie :). It sounds as if you're very busy, good luck with everything :).

Hi Charliepud we went to Weymouth, never been before and totally loved it, but I expect the weather helped with that.

Oh my goodness you have a lot of work coming up, will be worth it though I am sure.

Sounds lovely, Shirley!  Some of my paternal ancestors were from Upwey, which is a village near Weymouth.  I would love to travel there some day.  There's even a mill there named after them.

I'm so jealous, Chalie!  I love talking to architects and looking at floor plans.  Kitchen design is close to my heart as well.  I interned during college at a custom kitchen shop and couldn't get enough.  Have fun and good luck! :D

Life for me is moving along as usual.  This weekend I'm attending a local D.A.R. meeting (Daughters of the American Revolution), of which I hope to become a member.  I've got about 4 ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War and I thought this would be an interesting way to learn more about them and participate in some sort of community organization.  The rest of the weekend will hopefully be spent planting flowers and working on my mosaic-ed tray.

I hope you feel better and have fun at your birthday celebrations, Athena!  

Life for me is moving along as usual.  This weekend I'm attending a local D.A.R. meeting (Daughters of the American Revolution), of which I hope to become a member.  I've got about 4 ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War and I thought this would be an interesting way to learn more about them and participate in some sort of community organization.  The rest of the weekend will hopefully be spent planting flowers and working on my mosaic-ed tray.

I hope you feel better and have fun at your birthday celebrations, Athena!  

Thanks Peacefield :).

I hadn't heard about a group like that, it sounds interesting. I hope they'll let you become a member!