Your Book Activity - May 2016

frankie

I couldn't find a thread for May, even though we are 3 days in... :D I can't believe it's May already!

What's your book activity today? :smile2: 

I'm still reading The Last of the Bowmans by J. Paul Henderson. I'm enjoying it but I guess I'm just not in a reading zone at the moment :unsure: 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, I hope you feel more 'in the reading zone' soon :(.

I'm currently reading Michael Grant - Gone 4: Plague and I'm enjoying it so far. I had to take a moment to remember what had happened in the previous book since it was a few months ago that I finished book 3, but gladly the book tells you bits about it. I read quite a lot in this book yesterday, so far it's quite enjoyable :).

I haven't had much time for reading lately. :( But today I went and bought my mum a couple of books (it's Mothers Day on Sunday here), and I decided to treat myself to one as well, so I finally bought The Rosie Effect by Graeme Samson. :)

I hope you enjoy it, Kylie :). I liked it, though not quite as much as the first book. Have you read the first book (I can't remember :blush2:)? I hope you enjoy your new purchase :).

I'm making good progress in Michael Grant - Gone 4: Plague :).

I hope you enjoy it, Kylie :). I liked it, though not quite as much as the first book. Have you read the first book (I can't remember :blush2:)? I hope you enjoy your new purchase :).

Thanks Gaia! Yes, I read the first one a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. :)

I read The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave at the weekend, and also finished listening to No Time Like The Past by Jodi Taylor.

Didn't feel like reading today, so have just been listening to What Could Possibly Go Wrong? by Jodi Taylor - the last book in the series ... until Thursday!!! :exc:  Can't wait to read the next book at the weekend, I've actually pre-ordered the ebook so it'll be waiting for me to download when I get up on Thursday morning. :smile2:

I haven't done a lot of reading in the last few days because I had an unexpectedly social weekend, but I finished The Thing Itself by Adam Roberts last night and I loved it. I've already started reading another book by him, called Bête.

I'm struggling with Lady Chatterley's Lover by D H Laurence. I'm 20% in and it's so dull... :sleep: It might improve, I suppose.

We're listening to The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie in the car which is much better, even if Hugh Fraser's various French accents are likesomething out of 'Allo 'Allo!! :giggle2:

I started the fourth book in the Rivers Of London / Peter Grant series of books. I am enjoying these clever books so much.  :smile:

What a coincidence! I started the second book, Moon Over Soho, last night. :)

I'm struggling with Lady Chatterley's Lover by D H Laurence. I'm 20% in and it's so dull... :sleep: It might improve, I suppose.

Dull dull dull. I don't remember it improving much, I'm afraid. :(

I feel the same about The Dark is Rising. I'm around 100 pages in and struggling.

I've been stuck for about 3 days. Not only is it a counties book but it's a library book so persevere I must!

Dull dull dull. I don't remember it improving much, I'm afraid. :(

Nor me - it's one of the few (four) counties for which I decided to choose an alternative, and the only one where it's because I thought the book not worth rereading.

On the other hand, I gave The Dark is Rising 6 stars - absolutely loved it!

Edited by willoyd

I've started to read Terry Brooks - Original Shannara Trilogy 1: The Sword of Shannara. I'm reading it from the Omnibus edition that bundles the three books in the trilogy (it's called The Sword of Shannara Trilogy Omnibus I think). So far I'm enjoying it.

Took time out from The Strangest Family  (a real doorstopper of a book) to read my next English Counties book, My Uncle Silas.  Can't say I was impressed: the odd flash of pathos, but otherwise over-elaborate (all those colour adjectives!), repetitive, and obvious.  But then I wasn't impressed with Darling Buds of May either, although that was distinctly better than this.  At least it was a short, quick, read.

Edited by willoyd

I thought that might be the case, but there is always room for pointless optimism! It's a Counties Challenge book or I'd give up!

I sincerely hope it does turn around for you!

Nor me - it's one of the few (four) counties for which I decided to choose an alternative, and the only one where it's because I thought the book not worth rereading.

I disliked it so much that I swore off DH Lawrence for life...until a couple of years ago, when I found that he had written a book set in Australia. I've decided to give him one more chance, but it'll probably be a while before I get to it!

I disliked it so much that I swore off DH Lawrence for life...until a couple of years ago, when I found that he had written a book set in Australia. I've decided to give him one more chance, but it'll probably be a while before I get to it!

I was put off big-time too, but have got Sons and Lovers down for my alternative to Lady Chatterley as I too want to give him another chance.

Edited by willoyd

I was put off big-time too, but have got Sons and Lovers down for my alternative to Lady Chatterley as I too want to give him another chance.

I enjoyed Sons and Lovers (a long time ago), perhaps you shouldn't listen to me though, I liked Divergent!  ;)