Where in the World?

OK, i've nicked from another forum i go on, and it seems popular on there so thought i might try it on here.

You either describe or post a photo of a City somewhere in the World, and people have to guess which City it is. Whoever gets it right goes next.

So i'll start with this. (The last part should give it away so it's a pretty easy one to start with :giggle2:)

This is a City known for its well-preserved medieval core and Jewish quarter.

Old Town – ringed by Planty Park and remnants of the city’s medieval walls – is centered on the stately, expansive Rynek Glówny (market square), site of Cloth Hall, a Renaissance-era trading outpost, and St. Mary’s Basilica, a 14th-century Gothic church.

So, where in the World am i?

• 1 month later...

Okay -- I had to Google it to find the answer, though -- Krakow, Poland.

I'm going to tweak mine a bit and add a bookish twist:

This island is the setting of a series of books about a headstrong, yet loveable, red-headed orphan.

Where am I?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn't it a state in the United States? I suppose that might not be what you're referring to. I once had to do a project on the state Georgia in the US, for school (I'm from the Netherlands, each group of teenagers was assigned a state). I don't remember a whole lot from it, but I do remember I found it interesting. You're probably not referring to the state though I think? It's just what popped into my head. I'm not that familiar with all the states of the United States, but that one always stuck in my head because of the project I had to do.