Where Are You?

(I got this idea from a twitter post I saw earlier and thought it would be fun to do here!)

You have been transported into the book you are currently reading - where are you?

Personally I'm in the middle of a battle in the Valley of Osrung (The Heroes - Joe Abercrombie) - it's pretty gruesome  :hide:

So, where are you?  :smile:

I am in the middle of an argument with few high class people in Russia during the second half of the nineteenth century. I am sitting quietly at the corner of the prince's house listening to these men angrily discussing... I want to join these few men.. support the disgraced who make an effort to stand for their lost rights.But I am conserned that this point of view isn't appropriate to be expressed by someone who just arrived.. and also I am, strangely, a little afraid of that powerfull woman... I am so confused right now...! We ll see.. just let the story tell...

Dostoevsky the Idiot

Edited by Poet

I'm a Detective Inspector, in the middle of a cold case.  Murder?  Kidnapping?  Uncertain at this point, probably both.  Glenrothes, near Edinburgh, Scotland.

I'm currently in Paris in the first half of the nineteenth century. There are a lot of unhappy rich people who, I suspect, are about to become very unhappy poor people - The Count of Monte Cristo

Edited by ian

I have just arrived home to my sanctuary after breaking my hand whilst on a dig in Greece only to find that my ex husband is back on the island flying rich tourists out to their holiday homes and yachts. All my friends knew and did not tell me he was back.

Sarah Morgan - Some Kind of Wonderful

I'm in a church, at night, and I've just gone all telekinetic-like and caused a yellow rose to bloom in my hand.  Oh, and there's this insanely cute guy watching what I'm doing  :roll:.

Lament - Maggie Stiefvater  

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a small southern town in the United States. I'm visiting a nice lady, a neighbour of mine, on a hot summer afternoon. My brother and his/our friend started playing alone and pulling me away, so I get to see the cakes she makes us first; but I have to call them before eating my share.

• 1 month later...

I'm in London - I think - things got complicated  :P  - (Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman)

(is it just me or does this make you want to read everybody else's books?  :giggle2:  )

Totally! The first line thread gets me too :P

I am in a police interrogation room, with a huge butterfly tattooed on my back, recently found in a place called the garden.

The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rio de Janeiro, trying to find my real family (Seven Sisters) and the town of Midnight in Texas, where something very weird is happening (Day shift).

Edited by Madeleine