Cananyone recommend any novels about Renaissance Italy?

JudyM

So far I have read and really enjoyed Daughter of Siena and The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato, Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex, and the Sarah Dunant series set in Venice and other Renaissance cities.

Can anyone recommend any other similar novels?

Many thanks.

How To Be Both by Ali Smith has one half set in Renaissance Italy, with a first person narrative from the perspective of a painter, but it's quite unconventional, as the other half is set in contemporary England, and Smith has written the book so that you can read either half of the book first.  The publishers have published half the books with the artist story first and the contemporary story second, and the other half the books with the sections reversed.  If you read on Kindle, depending on which icon you click on will give you one story or the other as your first chapter (and be warned that because both version are in the same ebook, when you've finished reading both sections, the display will show as 50% complete, or you'll start at 50% and read to 100% - so a bit confusing).

It's not been everyone's cup of tea, so I'm hesitant to recommend it, but I love Ali Smith's work, and thought this was a great read, but I was prepared for her unusual style and the concept before I started. :)