John Niven, Irvine Welsh, next ?

Hi everyone

My first time here. No the last year I've gotten seriously into reading novels prior to this I always read factual books for work and magazines. I read previously obviously and enjoyed some of Irvine Welsh's books.

After looking on Amazon I picked up a couple more of Welsh's books which I enjoyed then found John Niven another Scottish writer who I also really enjoyed. So much so that I bought all six of his books. If you're not familiar with Niven he his quite similar to Welsh. I like a decent plot, gritty and close to the bone stuff. I tried David Wong, John Dies at the end but I didn't like this. I also didn't like Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I think these would be classed as sci fi. I'm currently reading Me after You by Jojo Moyes which I'm quite enjoying. Quite different to Niven though.

Just wondered if you guys could recommend anything to me. After purchasing these two duds i want to make sure my next order is a positive one. I like physical copies too, not into reading digitally personally I already spend enough time staring at brightly lit pixels.

Thanks in advance any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Stuart MacBride - great Scottish crime fiction, most of them set in Aberdeen. Absolutely brilliant! Start with Cold Granite and go on from there.

Christopher Brookmyre - a hint of crime, a dash of satire, and a massive dollop of pitch black humour. Mostly set in Edinburgh and Glasgow, but some set in other places (one set in LA), all with Scottish protagonists.

• 2 months later...

Recently read a lot of Welsh. Weird how you get used to the written Scottish accent.

Amazon suggested Kill Your Friends. Positive reviews ​so have ordered it.

Looking for other suggestions